Would recommend you read these two guides:

https://ce-programming.github.io/toolchain/static/git.html
https://ce-programming.github.io/toolchain/static/coding-guidelines.html

Also, dark mode?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
DarkSystem wrote:
This is amazing, do you plan on posting the source code?
Maybe Open-Sourcing it? I know it's on github but the readme says, "All rights reserved, contact me for permission to use/modify/redistribute code, and i'll happily read your request'

It is open source. The source is in the repo. Are you just confused? The request is if you modify/redistribute.

What I mean by Open Source is the GNU defintion of it.
DarkSystem wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
DarkSystem wrote:
This is amazing, do you plan on posting the source code?
Maybe Open-Sourcing it? I know it's on github but the readme says, "All rights reserved, contact me for permission to use/modify/redistribute code, and i'll happily read your request'

It is open source. The source is in the repo. Are you just confused? The request is if you modify/redistribute.

What I mean by Open Source is the GNU defintion of it.

GNU does not define what open source is. What even are your concerns/questions?
New beta!
- The editor is now more performant with large files
- There's a light theme (can be toggled with [ON])
- [X,T,0,n] now let you type 2-length strings instead of numbers for finding labels
- Pressing [Mode] in the program selector reloads the latest program at the last cursor position
- Also, numerous bug-fixes and tweaks

Now, the greatest issue is that when there are a thousand glyphs on the screen, it is laggy (250ms/frame instead of the target 66ms; fontlibc's drawing code is about 60-70% of that). This probably means re-writing the renderer to not re-draw everything per frame. I'm unsure if I'll work on this soon. Expect not. I have other projects I need to stop ignoring :)

Back up your calculator before running this. Worst case: expect to lose work.
[Outdated link redacted. See earlier beta testing post for latest link.]

DarkSystem wrote:

do you plan on... maybe Open-Sourcing it?

No

MateoConLechuga wrote:

Dark/Light mode?

Okay :)

MateoConLechuga wrote:

Would recommend you read these two guides...

Acknowledged
This looks amazing! Well done, VitalAsh. There's been a need for a basic open source editor when it comes to developing programs. How do you plan to make it different for others?

Also amazing source code! Smile
Nice update. moving the cursor at the end of very long lines of code is kinda slow but I do not plan to use the editor to edit maps anyway, as they're quite large. For normally sized lines of code your editor seems quite responsive right now. I haven't run into any crash either and it's nice to be able to view my game data into one screen worth of scrolling. It makes it faster to go from one line of code to another without having to use Alpha or 2nd. Smile
New beta! 2023-11-21
I enabled using [Apps] to run the current program as a bug in the C libs has been fixed.
See the beta testing reply for a download and information.
https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=304472#304472

Alvajoy123 wrote:
This looks amazing! Well done, VitalAsh. There's been a need for a basic open source editor when it comes to developing programs. How do you plan to make it different for others?

Thank you. I don't know what you mean by "make it different for others?" Make it different from other editors? I have no desire to; I just wanted to make a TI-Basic editor in C because I wasn't aware of any good ones. If you mean user-configuration, I want that to be minimal. Maybe custom foreground/background/highlight color schemes? But it's not a priority at all.

DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Nice update. moving the cursor at the end of very long lines of code is kinda slow but I do not plan to use the editor to edit maps anyway, as they're quite large. For normally sized lines of code your editor seems quite responsive right now. I haven't run into any crash either and it's nice to be able to view my game data into one screen worth of scrolling. It makes it faster to go from one line of code to another without having to use Alpha or 2nd.

That's nice to hear. The editor is indeed very unresponsive specifically with rendering very very long lines, and I don't want that to be an issue in the released product. I want to re-write the program renderer to work differently.

I won't be working as hard on the editor (there were 2-3 days where I put in like 10 hours straight Wink ) because I need to give my game project love and attention, but it would be very disappointing to have another KryptonIDE (a project that could almost be good but has a fatal flaw and no developer) so I have an intrinsic motivation to get this done eventually Smile

Until then, people may beta-test away! It would be a joy to come back to a list of bugs, or many reports that there are no bugs.
Going to have to check this out for sure, since a lot of my own project progress would be on-calc..

I hadn't noticed it being mentioned, but support for appvars would be pretty awesome, especially since they are more or less programs.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours