What was the best completed project of 2023?
Ti-83+SE/84+(SE) Video + Audio Player
 19%  [ 6 ]
PRIZM racing
 3%  [ 1 ]
Topicle
 12%  [ 4 ]
Ludo - Game for the TI-84 Plus CE
 0%  [ 0 ]
SlimShell
 0%  [ 0 ]
Celtic CE
 51%  [ 16 ]
Spriter
 0%  [ 0 ]
Solar-powered TI-84 Plus
 6%  [ 2 ]
Express BASIC
 0%  [ 0 ]
CalcClicker
 3%  [ 1 ]
CrossBun
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 31

Welcome to Cemetech’s 2023 Projects of the Year voting poll! Given the rapid pace at which the PotM team has been working, you’ve probably already got a great idea of how this works. Right on time at the beginning of the new year, it’s time to vote for what you believe to be the best project completed in 2023!

The projects featured in this article are the winners selected from the Projects of the Month articles from 2023. We encourage you to not only read about the projects but try out as many as you can before voting as well.

• January (Project List): Ti-83+SE/84+(SE) Video + Audio Player: Crazy_Fox2 has created a video player for the monochrome TI-83 Plus SE and 84 Plus / 84 Plus SE calculators, which unlike previous video or audio players for said calculators is able to play video and audio simultaneously. According to the topic, the Silver Edition calculators can hold around 1 minute of video, while the non-Silver TI-84 Plus can hold around 20 seconds. The audio quality is equally impressive.

• February (Project List): PRIZM racing: a 3D multiplayer racing game for the fx-CG50: duartec has created a 3D racing game for the Casio fx-CG50, which not only features impressive graphics, but calc-calc multiplayer over a link cable as well. The game runs quite well for a 3D calculator game and is certainly worth giving a try, maybe with a friend!

• March (Project List): Topicle: A clue-based Wordle game: kg583 and his friends created an online puzzle game which took Cemetech by storm in early 2023! Based on the popular word puzzle game Wordle, Topicle features four words which you must successfully guess, all relating to a central clue, or, as the name suggests, topic. Solving a puzzle is a fun workout for your brain, and when you’re done, you can even share your score with others to brag about your word skills (as many Cemetechians have done in the project thread)!

• April (Project List): Ludo - Game for the TI-84 Plus CE: ZebraVogel and eins_maxe worked together to create a slick version of the classic board game Ludo for the TI-84 Plus CE. You can play with 1 - 6 players in two different game modes, along with challenging the computer (or rather, calculator) as well!

• May (Project List): No projects were completed this month! If only you had completed a project in May 2023, you could have gotten into PotY, uncontested.
  • June (Project List): SlimShell: AchakTheFurry has created another shell for the TI-84 Plus CE written in TI-BASIC, utilizing the Celtic CE libraries for graphics and file manipulation! SlimShell features a smooth and easy to use interface, where you can view, run, and modify your files. It also features some well-crafted animations to make the user’s experience even more satisfying. Achak has a lot of experience creating shells in TI-BASIC, so it’s certainly worth taking a look and trying it for yourself.

• July (Project List): Celtic CE: RoccoLox Programs has completed the first hook-based TI-BASIC library for the TI-84 Plus CE, which allows TI-BASIC programmers to use a number of graphical and utility operations which are not possible or extremely slow with vanilla TI-BASIC. It also features detailed and concise documentation, making it easy to work with despite the scale of the library. For a good idea of what Celtic can make possible, simply check out some of the other projects in the poll that use it, and if you’re working on an elaborate BASIC program, be sure to look into giving it a try.

• August (Project List): Spriter: While on a road trip without much to do, TIny_Hacker made a spriting program written in TI-BASIC utilizing Celtic CE. The program features two different sprite formats, zooming in and out while in the sprite editor, and the ability to export as a program icon as well. It’s still a useful tool for creating sprites for TI-BASIC programs on-calc.

• September (Project List): Solar-powered TI-84 Plus: TheLastMillennial has hooked his TI-84 Plus up to a solar panel to successfully power it, with hopes of modding his CE to charge over solar in the future.While you can’t try out TLM’s calc for yourself, he’s also made a video on his YouTube channel showing the project in more detail, so be sure to check that out as well!

• October (Project List): Express BASIC: lucidapogee created a minimal BASIC language for Windows 95 and up, with the intent of being more standard than some BASIC dialects and the ability to perform complex calculations. The minimal version features more universal commands while the extended version includes graphics and sound commands as well. It runs in the Windows console, which lets it work well on a variety of Windows versions.

• November (Project List): CalcClicker: Inspired by the classic clicker game genre, CoolModder has made a calculator-themed clicker game for the TI-84 Plus CE! It features a very nice design and a number of upgrades to improve your calculator production rate as well. If you’ve ever wished for a larger calculator collection but can’t afford to buy more physical calculators, now you can have a massive collection of calculators on your calculator!

• December (Project List): CrossBun: commandblockguy published his project just in time to snag a spot on December’s PotM, and it was so popular he quickly reached the PotY as well! CrossBun is a crossword game for the TI-84 Plus CE which allows you to import .puz files from websites like Crosshare to play on-calc! It’s a lot of fun and certainly impressive given the amount of time it was completed in, so if you’re a fan of crosswords download some puzzles and give it a try!

Congratulations to all the people who reached the PotY! Be sure to vote for your favorite project and be on the lookout for 2022’s PotY voting results soon!
And finally, we have PotY 2023! Once again, congratulations to all the authors who created these projects, and an immense thank-you to the Cemetech news editors who have gotten us up to the present.
We all know why Celtic has the most votes...
Expecting Celtic to win. Still feel honored to be listed already.
Tbh CEClicker was my second choice because I'm really enjoying it!
Somehow I missed September's PoTM and was pretty surprised to see my project here! Can solar powered TI-84 get to three votes??
I keep coming back to this topic to enjoy the screenshots now. I wish I could vote for most programs. I actually voted for Ti-83+SE/84+(SE) Video + Audio Player since I was so amazed at the sound and video quality. If the TI-84 Plus Silver Edition had more archive then you could put my full latest music album on your calculator instead of just one track. Celtic CE was not far behind my voting choice.

So yeah congrats to all authors of those programs and thank you for your hard work to the news editors who worked so hard on catching up to the PotY 2023!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours