This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
john massey

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 16 Jan 2010 11:11:43 pm    Post subject:

When I open a PROGRAM.8xp file on a Mac, I get an error message that says

"Plugin was not found"

Where can I find such a plugin?
bwang

Posted: 16 Jan 2010 11:57:29 pm    Post subject:

You need to install TI-Connect to transfer files. Are you trying to edit an .8xp file?
john massey

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 17 Jan 2010 09:46:07 am    Post subject:

In summary I am using TI connect on a Mac. It is very difficult to explain what is happening when you are working with an interactive application By interactive I mean the 84 does some stuff and the user of does some and the user sees what happens. My PC programmers say they need files with a 8xp extension. They explain how I can change to .8xp. I do so. I then try to open that Program in TI connect. I get this error message:

"No Plugin was found"
john massey

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 17 Jan 2010 06:46:57 pm    Post subject:

My problem is that most of helpers / programmers have been PC users. I am a Mac user. Today graftmastur ,who is also a Mac user, gave me this procedure.

When you open the TI data editor, go to file, save a copy as… and go to where you want to save it. There is a drop down menu that says "TI Program". Change it to a TI-83 plus program, and then you can send it.

It works wonderfully
jakethepspguy

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 18 Jan 2010 03:43:53 pm    Post subject:

That's no fair! All pc gets is graph link! Sad I was developing a basic editor in java so all systems could have editing... but I'm an amateur, so I don't know how to get the custom symbols (like pi and stuff) to appear in the text area. It's hilarious, because I wrote a byte by byte translator from bytecode to text... but I can't figure out what should be the easiest part to code.
beda

Posted: 10 Feb 2010 11:51:19 am    Post subject:

I have the same problem.

I go to: file, save copy as and i choose the TI-89 program and i save it. But then I get an error message that says:

The document "stereo" could not be exported as "stereo.89p". The file doesn't exist.

But the file stereo.TIprogram exists.

What do i wrong?

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Switzerland.
riddick86

Posted: 13 Feb 2010 01:33:07 am    Post subject:

beda wrote:
I have the same problem.

I go to: file, save copy as and i choose the TI-89 program and i save it. But then I get an error message that says:

The document "stereo" could not be exported as "stereo.89p". The file doesn't exist.

But the file stereo.TIprogram exists.

What do i wrong?

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Switzerland.

I've your same problem on MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard.

Anybody have solve it? Or know e program to code the TIBASIC file on Mac?
Deep Thought

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 12 Mar 2010 01:49:21 am    Post subject:

There's an online file editor on Cemetech: http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelite/sourcecoder2.php
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Mar 2010 07:15:47 am    Post subject:

johnuts wrote:
In summary I am using TI connect on a Mac. It is very difficult to explain what is happening when you are working with an interactive application By interactive I mean the 84 does some stuff and the user of does some and the user sees what happens. My PC programmers say they need files with a 8xp extension. They explain how I can change to .8xp. I do so. I then try to open that Program in TI connect. I get this error message:

"No Plugin was found"

Find one of the .8xp files, and single-left-click it. Press Meta+I, or find the "get info" button in the menu bar. It should open up a little window on the left. There should be a place were ou change the application it opens with. Change it to ti-connect, and click the checkbox that says to do it for all files of that type.

Also, it's Graphmastur. "ph" not "ft"
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement