And no, none of your pokeballs were effective.

It has been quite the hot minute since I've posted up any calculator related stuff. Life got depressing and I lost focus on things that brought me enjoyment in life. Things have been changing, and I've finally been getting some real motivation to sit down and start working on some code once again. Got a new CE to play around with (Holy smokes BTetris screams on that thing) and I'm hoping to begin working again on a few things, like Calcopoly.

I even still have all my old notes for PokePur, but that will take some time to decipher where exactly I left off. I know it had something to do with the battle system, but that's really all I remember.

I'm currently working 13 hours a day, so any progress I do make will come in small steps, especially since I'll need to relearn where a lot of stuff is at BASIC wise. And I've also retaken to learning C (yes, saw the announcement, I believe we'll still have plenty of calcs out there to program for for the time being).

So, yeah. Hi.
It's great to see you around on Cemetech again, tifreak8x! I've of course had the pleasure of continuing to play Minecraft with you on the Cemetech Minecraft server throughout the duration of your absence, and you always are somewhere around on Discord, but it's nice to have you back on the forum, where it all started.

Is the new calculator that you got one the the unreleased colors?
It was indeed! Seeing how fast BASIC rolls on that calculator really helped me want to at least complete the Calcopoly project. I did realize playing around with it that I've since forgotten where commands and variables are located, so I will have a little bit of relearning to do, and I look forward to that as well. Smile

Hopefully in the next few months I'll be able to be rid of my part time job so I can get some more free time open to work on stuff. As it is now, it'll just be me picking at code and trying to get a few lines written here and there.
A short while back I found and picked up a Casio FX-9750 GIII graphing calculator at WalMart. It's a bit lighter and shorter than the normal calculators, and runs a monochrome screen. I've been toying with it a bit to flex some rusty programming fingers and have made a simple getkey program for it (I had forgotten that Casio's BASIC was a bit of a pain when it came to using the conditionals).

The calculator itself is kind of neat. Quick specs is 61450ish memory, 2641920 storage memory (apps), you can change language between English, Spanish, German, French, Italian and Portugues. OS Version of 3.21.3200 (would have to fire up some of my other Casio calcs to compare monochrome OS versions). It has a standard serial and mini-usb connectors at the top. Everything else seems fairly common among Casio calcs.

Anyways, back to poking around on the new calc. Smile
Quote:

Pokemon for the Casio FX-9750 GIII confirmed?

*runs*
Xeda112358 wrote:
Quote:

Pokemon for the Casio FX-9750 GIII confirmed?

*runs*

No. Bad Xeda, bad. :p

On a side note, I do have all of my old notes for Pokemon Purple, even found the old maps I had made on paper (had been worried that it was destroyed in the building fire).

One of these days, there are things I'd like to do for it, but right now, have to get back into the action.
Does that mean we need to port something Celtic II like to the CE for ya so you can port your PokePur work over to that calculator?

Heck I don't even know if that's possible now that I say, especially with the other recent news...

Either way, glad to see ya back tifreak8x!
Having some Celtic tools on the CE would be pretty sweet to have, though I'm hoping I can get myself focused on learning that C language further. Smile
Heya tifreak! Glad to see you getting back into your hobbies again Smile.
tr1p1ea wrote:
Heya tifreak! Glad to see you getting back into your hobbies again Smile.

It's definitely feeling great to get back into things, poking along with restoring my memory on where commands are hidden and the various syntaxes that made them work. :p
Welcome back tifreak! I’m looking forward to seeing what you do Smile
What up dawg
Wild! Can’t wait to see what you make!
So.. Yeah, the last come back didn't happen in the way I wanted xD

Work got busier and more exhausting, and I've been trying to work on my streaming of games to build the follower base.

I *did* work on a project, got moderately far with the UI things and planning things out before I realized that the project wouldn't work well in BASIC on a calculator and came up with a PC replacement using an excel spreadsheet. Mostly due to trying to organize fields based off alpha-numerical lists.

I've been poking around in my code for Pokemon, which REALLY pulls at the heart strings and makes me wish I wasn't working nearly 60 hours a week to have more time to focus on this.

I'm not 100% certain what I'll be doing going forward. I'm excited to see CelticCE, finally managed to find a cable to connect to my CEs. Will give some thought to maybe bringing old projects forward, and possibly just working on something new once I get the hang of Celtic again.

I'd also like to take the time to say it's so wonderful to see the community still thriving and growing. Such amazing projects that have been posted and released. PotM still going amazes me. I'm sad I left it in the state I did, but the burn out was bad, the depression was worse, and I can only apologize for that failure of mine. Thank you, for those that have, picked up and took on that mantle.

Anyways, enough of my rambling, going to see what kind of coding trouble I can get into.
Hey tifreak! Great to see you πŸ˜€.

Yeah it's amazing how fast time goes by these days and I'm glad you're still reading the forums and such.

Hopefully you can put some time aside to relax a bit too πŸ‘.
tr1p1ea wrote:
Hopefully you can put some time aside to relax a bit too πŸ‘.

That's what I'm hoping getting back into coding will help with Smile I've been reading up on the Celtic docs, seems like not a lot of changes were implemented, so that's nice. Once I can get back into the groove of things, I'd like to tackle a game idea I've been rolling in my head for a loooong time.

Edit:

Poked around with my CSE projects that used DoorsCS for the enhancing abilities.

The flags program seems to work but there is an alignment issue with the graphics, might be on my end? Will be checking.

TetricH, the hybrid version of BTetris, works flawlessly with CelticCE and moves so fast Very Happy Kerm should be happy since that was his editing/adjustment to the BTetris codebase.

The President Database program was using a program version of Celtic, so it was never integrated into using the DoorsCSE app, and might be a good place to dip my toes back into some coding to see if I can make it work properly with CelticCE.

SignFinder and ThePotatoOne do not work currently with CelticCE. I need to see if I can find notes, and figure out what aspect of DoorsCSE I was using to make it work back then, and possibly adjust them.
Welcome back! It's nice to see many past community members come back. Smile
tifreak8x wrote:
SignFinder and ThePotatoOne do not work currently with CelticCE. I need to see if I can find notes, and figure out what aspect of DoorsCSE I was using to make it work back then, and possibly adjust them.

Hopefully you can get it working, but please let me know if there's anything I may have ported incorrectly if you can't get it to work due to Celtic CE not doing something right.
RoccoLox Programs wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

Hopefully you can get it working, but please let me know if there's anything I may have ported incorrectly if you can't get it to work due to Celtic CE not doing something right.

These programs were using a different syntax, not det( so I'm not 100% certain yet what was going on back then lmao. I know I was experimenting with different libraries at that point to try to expand what I could make.
I know I see you all the time elsewhere, tifreak8x, but it's great to see you back on the forum, and let us know how we can support you in getting back into a bit of calculator programming!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours