The classic Atari 2600 game, Adventure, is now coming to TI-84 Plus CE! Remember, it's that game at the end of Ready Player One. You know, the game that had the first easter egg. Well, now I have decided to steal recreate it.

Current status of the game:

• Room loading/drawing: 91% (still need to work on the foggy orange mazes)
  • Player (aka "the man") movement and collisions: 99% (the collisions especially have been MUCH improved from the actual game)
  • Creatures: 0% (yeah, we still have to program everything for the dragons and the bat)
  • Object behavior/drawing - 90% (due to the lack of dragons, the sword cannot be programmed to kill any dragons. However, the keys all open their respective castle gates, the magnet attracts items, and the magic bridge magically bridges you through walls)

Github link to source code: https://github.com/RoccoLoxPrograms/Adventure
This is looking great! I can't wait to try it when it's done! Keep up the great work! Very Happy
Cool project looking forward to it development. Also, Easter egg found! Smile
https://github.com/RoccoLoxPrograms/Adventure/blob/main/src/main.c#L173-L181

Code:
        if (currentRoom == 16) {
            //"Created Warren.... by....i..Robbinett";
            const uint8_t easteRegg[36] = {67, 114, 101, 97, 116, 101, 100, 32, 87, 97, 114, 114, 101, 110, 46, 46, 46, 32, 98, 121, 46, 46, 46, 46, 105, 46, 46, 82, 111, 98, 105, 110, 101, 116, 116};
            for (int8_t i = 0; i < 35; i++) {
                fontlib_SetForegroundColor(chaliceColor);
                fontlib_SetCursorPosition(152 + 10 * (i > 16), 24 + 11 * i - 197 * (i > 16));
                fontlib_DrawGlyph(easteRegg[i]);
            }
        }
Cool! It looks very great.
It`s a simple and beautiful design which remembers me to TinyJumper.
I`m also happy how far you have progressed. Congratulations!
I`ll like to post here questions and suggestions.
Looks great and I like that you have the Easter Egg included Very Happy.
Big update! We've finally added the dragons as well as a pretty good-looking title screen, courtesy of TIny_Hacker (see, TIny, I can speel). A lot has been done, and there's not actually not much left to do:

• Room loading/drawing: 91% (We literally have 3 different ways to do the orange maze but none of them are fast enough.)
  • Player (aka "the man") movement and collisions: 99% (No change here.)
  • Creatures: 70% (The dragons have now been added with (hopefully) full functionality. The bat has not yet been added.)
  • Object behavior/drawing: 96% (The sword now kills the dragons! Also, the magnet can now push objects across room transitions. There may be a slight bug with the magic bridge and some of the mazes that we still have to fix.)
  • Modes of Difficulty: 0% (This is the only major feature besides the bat that needs to be implemented.)

Awesome! This was one of many classics on the Atari, it's great to see it on the CE, nice work! It's kind of bizarre seeing it without all the sprites flickering Razz
Woo hoo! Version 1.0 is now available on Github. Thanks to everyone who bug-tested it! It doesn't look like there are any problems with it, so it has been uploaded to the Cemetech and TiCalc archives as well! This was a fun project to work on.
This is an awsome game, and there was more stuff to it. Though it has 3 game mods, it still is pretty fun!Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours