Caleb_Hill wrote:
DWMelon wrote:
Caleb_Hill wrote:
To start, while I'm developing the program, I will only use 10 words. Then, once I have optimized and refined the program, I will increase the words somewhere from 20-50 each (difficulty level).

That makes sense.

What if you allowed the use to choose what words to add to the word list? You could ask for input, then add it to the string of words.

I feel like though that would be nice, It would be unnecessary. Again, I can see how that would be cool. The User would probably have their words added to the String, but then the RandInt( commands would have to be adjusted with variables. That will be a little pain in the butt, so maybe, again, when I'm done with the program.
Speaking of which, time to get back to that flow chart!

Actually fixing the RandInt command wouldn't be too difficult. All you would have to do is know how long the words are in the string already. You could do:

Let Str1 = (the string containing the list of words) and the length of each word is 5

Code:
Sub(Str1,5*RandInt(1,lenght(Str1)-5,5

This should work no matter how many words you have.
Oh, your right! that works so well. I never thought of using the length( command for RandInt(. THanks for the tip. ill probably use that. Eventually...
This project looks good so far. Keep it up, CHill... and don't forget to CHill.
caleb1997 wrote:
This project looks good so far. Keep it up, CHill... and don't forget to CHill.

Thanks!

Definitely implementing most of the ideas from this topic into the code, which is coming along very well.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours