I have spent the last two weeks slamming away at my keyboard to produce this, a small C compiler suitable for on-calc C compiling.
Github Repo

The compiler is structurally based on c4 by Robert Swierczek, but completely rewritten by myself. Almost 4000 lines of code, can compile a variety of ANSI C syntax, and compiles for Desktop, TIOS, and BOS.

This has taken way too long, and it's still not nearly done. I have yet to implement structs. However, it supports standard atomic types for char, word, int (24-bit), and long. (32-bit)
I might implement floats at some point.

Currently, the only way to write source code that BCC can compile on calc is via CEdit, though BCC will compile any appvar containing just plain text source code.
I should probably make this work with programs too, stay tuned for that.
Wow, nice work!

How's the library support? Can we use this with the toolchain?

Also, wouldn't mind building this into VYSION 2 somehow if you can come up with a nice syntax to pass things to it--should just be an appvar name in Ans, probably?
epsilon5 wrote:
Wow, nice work!

How's the library support? Can we use this with the toolchain?

Also, wouldn't mind building this into VYSION 2 somehow if you can come up with a nice syntax to pass things to it--should just be an appvar name in Ans, probably?

Still early development, no library support yet. As for arguments, it's just "src bin" passed in ans. src can be an appvar or a program, the latter of which is tokenized first. bin is the output binary program.
Beck, you never cease to impress and enthuse me with your projects. Super cool, have fun!!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours