Is it possible to call a program in ICE but not have it compiled into the output?

In other words, is there some token that calls but doesn't compile a program?
Just double checking what you mean when you say 'call a program'? So like a library of some kind?
darkwater4213 wrote:
Is it possible to call a program in ICE but not have it compiled into the output?

In other words, is there some token that calls but doesn't compile a program?

The ICE compiler is a calculator compiler that is highly fascinating. I'm assuming you're coming from TI-Basic, where you'reĀ used to calling a program to execute. However, with ICE, you must create a routine that allows your program to execute without being compiled (Currently don't have the routine).
tr1p1ea wrote:
Just double checking what you mean when you say 'call a program'? So like a library of some kind?

Ah, I mean execute. Yes, a subroutine. The intention being, the user can edit the subroutine (I'm making a recursive cellular automaton where the user can define the rules for the automaton by editing the subroutine. I don't want to have the user have to recompile the program every time the rule (subroutine) is changed, which is why I'm asking. Alva, yes. I'm coming from TI-BASIC. I have about zero experience in any other coding fields (except a very small amount of HTML and JavaScript). TI-BASIC is my... not a strong suit. That;'s be misleading. My least-bad-suit, perhaps?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours