john35588 wrote:
Can it edit archived programs? can it edit asm programs?
looks very cool! way beyond my level!

KryEdit can edit archived programs (it automatically un-archives them for editing, then re-archives them when editing is complete.)
However, KryEdit cannot edit ASM programs, it's intended for Ti-BASIC and ICE editing.
mr womp womp wrote:
SM84CE wrote:
Could you put a battery indicator in? (Like Cesium)
Don't put IS>( and DS<( at the top, I don't use them, but if someone does, how can they be used?

They were mostly used to make for loops before for loops existed. It basically increments or decrements a variable, and then performs a conditional check.
IS>(A,B) is exactly the same as

Code:
A+1→A
If A≤B

And DS<(A,B is exactly the same as

Code:
A-1→A
If A≥B

These would be put in while loops, to make manipulations of control variables a little bit easier. Of course nowadays, there are for() loops, so the tokens are pretty much useless.

Hmm... I'll have to see if they can be used as optimizations...

Back to the topic: I realized that the battery indicator might be hard to implement, but could it be done?
SM84CE wrote:
mr womp womp wrote:
SM84CE wrote:
Could you put a battery indicator in? (Like Cesium)
Don't put IS>( and DS<( at the top, I don't use them, but if someone does, how can they be used?

They were mostly used to make for loops before for loops existed. It basically increments or decrements a variable, and then performs a conditional check.
IS>(A,B) is exactly the same as

Code:
A+1→A
If A≤B

And DS<(A,B is exactly the same as

Code:
A-1→A
If A≥B

These would be put in while loops, to make manipulations of control variables a little bit easier. Of course nowadays, there are for() loops, so the tokens are pretty much useless.

Hmm... I'll have to see if they can be used as optimizations...

Back to the topic: I realized that the battery indicator might be hard to implement, but could it be done?

From what I heard, those increment and decrements commands are a bit faster: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/timings.

As for the battery indicator, I looked into it, and the CE C libs do include a (boot_GetBatteryStatus) command, which returns a numerical value, so I'd just need a tiny battery sprite (which I can easily get/make) and I can draw a battery indicator. So it doesn't seem that difficult.
I've added it to my (long) to-do list, so I'll check it out later.
I'd rather stick with the A+1->A things, it's just familiar to me. For the battery indicator, could you make it horizontal and display the numerical value (If the numerical value is worth, i.e a percent of some sort)?
SM84CE wrote:
I'd rather stick with the A+1->A things, it's just familiar to me. For the battery indicator, could you make it horizontal and display the numerical value (If the numerical value is worth, i.e a percent of some sort)?

I can most certainly make it horizontal, as for the value, if my knowledge is correct, the hardware that detects the battery isn't very accurate (it'd be bad at giving a X/100 value (percentage)), but I can try. Right now I'm prioritizing other parts of the program, but I will get to the battery display eventually.

Honestly I'll probably add a setting for the battery rotation and just use the same sprites, just rotated Razz
I believe the asm call to check the battery status returns a number between 0-4, which is good enough to display the little battery in the status bar, but not really any good for anything even slightly precise.
I'm going to try and post an update at around this time every Monday, no promises though. :3
This week's progress:
1) Settings menu now uses multiple tabs. I've been planning on it since the beginning, because I knew there would be no way I could fit all the settings in one screen. Each tab has a different category of settings, so there is a level of organization.:

(If you're wondering what happened to syntax highlighting, I temporarily turned that off so I could see the code more clearly. There will be an option to enable/disable syntax highlighting. Also, that font looks weird because I messed it up when making it, KryEdit should work fine with other fonts.)
2) A function text caret.
You obviously need one of these for a program editor.
Right now it just moves around the screen; it isn't linked to the code in any way.
For now, it blinks every 0.4 seconds, but that's going to be user-adjustable later.
Unlike TI's program editor, moving the caret does not re-draw the entire screen, meaning my text caret is faster than TI's.

3) Update support
I added a check for the appvar size, this means that if I release an update to KryEdit that has more settings than a previously installed version, KryEdit will detect an incorrectly sized appvar and reset it to default.
4) Font test screen
There is now a screen that draws every character, so you can see what the selected font looks like when loaded.

5) Main menu has a clock
Option for 24/12 hour format is also available

For the curious, current stats are:
Lines of code : 1335
Characters of code(incl. spaces) : 48790
Program size (Compressed/uncompressed) : 9216/17334 bytes (53.2% compression ratio)

Feedback appreciated!
KryptonicDragon wrote:
Lines of code : 1335

Are you kidding me? You couldn't have increased it just 2 more?!
0/10

Just Joking
Looks amazing! keep up the great work! Very Happy
^ Razz

I don't have much feedback, except to say how professional and cool this looks!

What's the next feature you'll be working on? Based on what you said about the caret, I'm guessing you can't actually edit program code yet?
If you don't object, Is love to work with you on integrating this somewhat with ICE Sprite Creator, to make a perfect IDE. Perhaps have the program launch the Sprite Editor in a mode where the export is changed from Str1-Str0 to the point in the program where you opened the sprite. Also, perhaps have KryptonIDE display a scaled down version of a sprite whenever it encounters a written DefineSprite. This way people can quickly determine which sprites are which.
Wow, looks amazing! i am way exited to see the finished product! this will make me love programing even more!
Silly me, in my hurry to post this update, I forgot one of the more important parts! ^-^
I also added in one of the token menus, [Prgm]:

Also forgot to note: The program editor screen is not going to look like that when it is done, it wil have a bit of info on the top and bottom parts of the screen, like current line/column, time, date, battery, program size, etc.

CalcMeister wrote:
If you don't object, Is love to work with you on integrating this somewhat with ICE Sprite Creator, to make a perfect IDE. Perhaps have the program launch the Sprite Editor in a mode where the export is changed from Str1-Str0 to the point in the program where you opened the sprite. Also, perhaps have KryptonIDE display a scaled down version of a sprite whenever it encounters a written DefineSprite. This way people can quickly determine which sprites are which.

When KryEdit can actually edit programs (currently the next goal), I'll talk about integrating with ICE sprite creator.
I do like the idea of showing a preview of the sprite when the user hovers over DefineSprite(), so I'll see if I can add that in.

JamesV wrote:
What's the next feature you'll be working on? Based on what you said about the caret, I'm guessing you can't actually edit program code yet?

Nope, no editing right now, but that's literally the next thing I'm working on.
Keep up the good work Wink
once this project is finished, TI might want to use it as a replacement for their program editor, I will love the syntax highlighting and the different colors!
I don't think they would; that's not generally how they work. Sad This is very well-done, Krypto! I look forward to seeing how this continues to evolve.
Can you make it so when you press prog, there is a new tab after the edit tab that opens kryptonIDE?
john35588 wrote:
Can you make it so when you program, there is a new tab after edit that opens KryptonIDE?
Im assuming you mean adding a function to the OS to open KryptonIDE while editing in the normal editor. This is very possible, as we have seen PT_'s ICE contain such things. Kryptonic should consult some other ASM guru on how to include hooks into ICE programs.
KryptonicDragon wrote:
Silly me, in my hurry to post this update, I forgot one of the more important parts! ^-^

Also forgot to note: The program editor screen is not going to look like that when it is done, it wil have a bit of info on the top and bottom parts of the screen, like current line/column, time, date, battery, program size, etc.

Can this integrate the TI-Innovator Hub prgm menu, or is this just too much?? (My math teacher said she'd get one, I'm waiting (probably for her to ACTUALLY ORDER IT!...))
SM84CE wrote:
KryptonicDragon wrote:

Can this integrate the TI-Innovator Hub prgm menu, or is this just too much?? (My math teacher said she'd get one, I'm waiting (probably for her to ACTUALLY ORDER IT!...))

You mean the extra tab in the [Prgm] token menu that the TI-Innovator Hub adds? I can easily add that in.
Next progress update!
This week I've:
1) Got the text caret working like an actual text caret; it flows with the text (right now it can't move up or down):

2) Got the bare minimum amount of "editability". Currently only works in overwrite mode and with a select few tokens:

3) The "Create" option from the main menu actually does something now!

4) Added in the Ti-Innovator HUB tab to the [Prgm] token menu:

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that I implemented the feature where hitting a letter key will jump to the first program in the list that begins with that letter.

STATS:
Lines of code : 1521
Characters of code(incl. spaces) : 53756
Program size (Compressed/uncompressed) : 10213/19610 (52.1% compression ratio)

You may have noticed a few of those .gifs have a different font in them, because I didnt like the one I've been showing off for a while now.
I've got the framework for editing in place now, so next week there will definitely be the full ability to edit.
More great stuff is coming, be patient! :3
Suggestions? Comments? Praise? I'll take them! Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours