I have come across a great annoyance with the CE that I am dubbing the "triple blink" issue. Basically it means your calc can't connect to your computer.

Here's a vid explaining it:

Any ideas how to deal with this?
I emailed TI, I have concluded that this is a hardware problem but I don't want to risk voiding the warranty on this new calc. I hope they reply soon and with a more helpful reply than my ti 86 question. Razz I don't expect this problem to be fixed, I only hope that I can get a replacement.
Are you using the cable that came with the calculator? Also, you may try a full reset and enter the OS send mode in order to have the bootcode save you.
Sometimes you really need to push the cable into the CE to get it to 'click' and connect properly. A few users have reported this with the CE, though I'm not sure that is the cause of your problem but it's simple enough to check out.
I don't know what's going on with your CE, but I had the same problem that tr1p1ea is describing when I first got my own CE. I'll try to replicate your issue, and tell you a solution if I can find one.
tr1p1ea wrote:
Sometimes you really need to push the cable into the CE to get it to 'click' and connect properly. A few users have reported this with the CE, though I'm not sure that is the cause of your problem but it's simple enough to check out.
I've noticed this as well, sometimes it seems to go in nicely and other times I feel like I'm forcing it in, in which case I take it out and try again.
I may try mateo's idea, does his idea require connecting the calc to a computer to send the os though? If this is a hardware problem that could be dangerous
Botboy3000 wrote:
I may try mateo's idea, does his idea require connecting the calc to a computer to send the os though? If this is a hardware problem that could be dangerous

Usually you would have to connect the calculator to the computer to send the operating system. It may be possible to use the SendOS command on another calculator to send an OS, but I have not tired it.
thanks.
I don't want to open the calculator and void the warranty because there's a small chance that it's not a hardware problem. I guess I just don't want to take the risk and I would rather see what TI has to say first.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours