Here we are at the cusp of yet another stressful holiday season of shopping and consumerism, which means that Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday are upon us once more. In the interest of our common love of electronics and gadgetry, I figured it might be worthwhile to collect the interesting flyers and particular deals that might interest our community in general. So far, I've collected:
  • Sparkfun: Cyber Monday deals, from 10% to 40% off various stuff. Since Sparkfun is pretty expensive on many things to begin with, these don't seem awesome to me.
  • Seeed Studio: "Seeed day" at Seeed Studio, up to 100% off with some gimmicky things going on.
  • FreakLabs: 20% off at the FreakLabs store until December 1.

Please contribute your own finds below, and I'll add them here.
This electric paint seems pretty cool over at SparkFun. So far, the things I want haven't gone on sale or been advertised as going on sale. Which is a good thing because then I'd just spend money.
It's a liquid suspension of carbon, and $25 is a staggeringly high price compared to the random eBay deals you can get on it. I needed some for "soldering" conductive thread to circuit board contacts, and I think I got 2 containers for $5 or so, three or four years ago. It's definitely cool stuff, though.

Speaking on sales, I'm currently looking for >40% off at Banana Republic, >55% off on Train Simulator 2016 DLC on Steam, cheaper 4TB hard drives for a NAS, and <$1000 for the HP Spectre x360 -13t Laptop (the maximum I can get reimbursed for a new laptop). So far no dice on any of those four, but I expect more deals to appear tonight and tomorrow.
KermMartian wrote:
<$1000 for the HP Spectre x360 -13t Laptop (the maximum I can get reimbursed for a new laptop). So far no dice on any of those four, but I expect more deals to appear tonight and tomorrow.

Is this not the same laptop? My Google-fu is failing to find a definitive match here. http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-spectre-x360---13-4103dx-(energy-star)

And all I want is for the projector I've been eyeing, a BenQ HT1075, for a few months to dip below $700. Right now it's at $799, I've seen it as low as 780 but I'll need to buy a screen and a few other accessories so I'm hoping for a great deal in the mid to high $600's. Got a promotional code for B&H Photo but it doesn't apply to the projector Sad
comicIDIOT wrote:
Is this not the same laptop? My Google-fu is failing to find a definitive match here. http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-spectre-x360---13-4103dx-(energy-star)
They make it very hard to tell, but that's one generation older. The one I want is a custom configuration that they seem to have labeled 13-4193dx (and it's $1099 right now):

http://store.hp.com/us/en/PDPStdView?productId=1103152&storeId=10151

Note the newer CPU, the newer Intel graphics, and that snazzy case. I'm holding out hope that they'll have some way I can get at least $99.01 off the price tomorrow.
*bump* I have to give props to HP. They have a coupon code that gives 30% custom-built laptops today, so the configuration that I wanted came to $923.99, way under my $999.99 reimbursement limit. Awesome, right? Nope, I forgot tax: with NY tax, it came to $1005.99. A friendly and flexible sales rep talked his manager into giving me a $6 credit, so I got it for exactly $999.99. Woot!
KermMartian wrote:
*bump* I have to give props to HP. They have a coupon code that gives 30% custom-built laptops today, so the configuration that I wanted came to $923.99, way under my $999.99 reimbursement limit. Awesome, right? Nope, I forgot tax: with NY tax, it came to $1005.99. A friendly and flexible sales rep talked his manager into giving me a $6 credit, so I got it for exactly $999.99. Woot!

Wow, that's great! I assume your college just won't reimburse $999.99 if it's 6 bucks over leaving you to front the $6?
comicIDIOT wrote:
Wow, that's great! I assume you're college just won't reimburse $999.99 if it's 6 bucks over leaving you to front the $6?
Correct. If you are spending $1000 or more, you have to go through one of their approved vendors, who are overpriced and have limited, outdated selections.
I got a CE 90% off the retail price of $150. Got a new calc for $15. OUTRAGEOUS... Right?
caleb1997 wrote:
I got a CE 90% off the retail price of $150. Got a new calc for $15. OUTRAGEOUS... Right?
I'll bite. MSRP is $130 and Walmart and others carry it for $88 normally. How did you get it for $15? On a scale from 1 to stolen, how hot was it?
It looks like (as of 1AM Sunday) Adafruit has a few deals going on for the embedded development / prototyping market. It's store-wide if I'm reading this right (with software and gift certificates being the exception). Might be time for me to finally get that 3.5" touch display.
KermMartian wrote:
caleb1997 wrote:
I'll bite. MSRP is $130 and Walmart and others carry it for $88 normally. How did you get it for $15? On a scale from 1 to stolen, how hot was it?

It would be somewhere between 1 and stolen, more towards the stolen side though. Not that I actually stole it.
So, thrift store?
Comic: Actually, no. Walmart.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours