This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
scedarbaum

Posted: 07 Nov 2010 07:04:54 pm    Post subject:

Hello. I am experiencing an annoying problem with the _VPutS bcall. When I wish to display a string of 16 characters (starting from PenCol = 0) the last character is truncated. My guess is that _VPutS/_VPutMap first checks to see if adding another character makes PenCol greater than 95 before it places it so when the PenCol is at 90, 90 + 6 (5 pixels for the character, 1 for the spacing) makes it fail. This isn't sensible because theres no need for an added space after the last character of a line. I would use _PutS but I am trying to be able to write to plotscreen as well as be able to toggle between large and small font using the same code via font flags. Does anyone know of a clever workaround or sees a better way to accomplish this? Any help is very much appreciated

Thanks,

Sam
FloppusMaximus

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Nov 2010 02:40:10 pm    Post subject:

1. If you set the flag 4, (iy + 24h), VPutMap and similar routines will limit penCol to 96 rather than 95.

2. If you set the drawLFont flag (6, (iy + fontFlags)), instead of fracDrawLFont, VPutMap will draw large font characters, but without the extra blank column on the right. (You may recognize this mode from the Calcsys "about" screen. I have no idea what the flag is intended for.)

3. You can retrieve the font bitmap using the LoadPattern routine, and draw it yourself using whatever sprite routine you prefer. This will usually be faster than using VPutMap in any case.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement