This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. 68k Calculator Basic => TI-BASIC
Antifaith

Posted: 23 May 2006 08:11:10 pm    Post subject:

Just bought a 89 titanium because my old 83+ died on me and i have hours and hours of programming to restart from scratch. Programming on the calculator is so painful and i was wondering if there is a way to program in BASIC on your PC and then transfer it to the calculator.

I searched all over the net for info on that, and the closest thing i found was to use the Virtual t-89 emulator, but it doesn't even support the 89's usb cable(how odd is that?!) so it's totally useless to me as far as i know.

I tried putting my code into a text file and then putting it on the calculator, but it won't run it. If i change the file format that one of my current program has on the calculator
( main.programname.89p), TIconnect won't let me transfer it to the calculator because it's "unsupported". I'm just about out of ideas here.

Thanks in advance for any help you may give me.
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 May 2006 08:23:41 pm    Post subject:

Hello, and welcome to UTI!

Sure: you can use the TI-Graph Link for the 89.
Antifaith

Posted: 23 May 2006 08:39:54 pm    Post subject:

Thanks..

But you either misread my question or i don't get your answer...
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 May 2006 08:42:58 pm    Post subject:

Antifaith wrote:
Thanks..

But you either misread my question or i don't get your answer...
[post="80306"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

There is a program for the computer that will work as a program editor, and this one is for the 89 calc.
Antifaith

Posted: 23 May 2006 08:51:28 pm    Post subject:

Oh, ydo you mean the Brazucs link? Thought it was part of a his signature.

If it is indeed the right link, then it's not working for me, it just tells me i need to install flash, which i already have.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 May 2006 08:59:56 pm    Post subject:

You're a bit off-course, there. :roll:

Click here
Antifaith

Posted: 23 May 2006 09:07:48 pm    Post subject:

Ah, thank you Very Happy
Thought the graphlink was the name of the cable, so i thought he was telling me to use to cable to transfer files, which looked like an odd response.

Ok, so now what about the program i can use to program in BASIC on my PC?
Antifaith

Posted: 23 May 2006 09:11:46 pm    Post subject:

Nevermind, i installed the program and magically answered my own question. I'm stupid Razz

Thanks a bunch for the help guys.
bukwirm

Posted: 23 May 2006 09:12:13 pm    Post subject:

You can write the program using TI-Graphlink's program editor, then you have to send the program to your calculator to run it.

EDIT: Arr! We posted at the same time!

Last edited by Guest on 23 May 2006 09:12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Antifaith

Posted: 23 May 2006 09:21:28 pm    Post subject:

Hehe

Well i actually got one more question. The calculator uses a USB link. Graphlink only has
COM ports in the link menu, so how am i supposed to establish a connection between the PC and the calculator?

TI-Connect detects it, but it's one of the most unstable programs I've ever seen. Everytime i try to transfer something, it instantly crashes or shuts down with no warnings.
bukwirm

Posted: 23 May 2006 09:26:22 pm    Post subject:

Try TiLP?
Antifaith

Posted: 23 May 2006 09:30:32 pm    Post subject:

Tried it, it doesn't support the usb link. I also have the Silverlink cable from my old calculator, but that's USB as well and TILP only supports COM links.
There's a file i found on ticalc.org that supposedly adds USB support to it but it hasn't done anything for me.
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 May 2006 09:36:08 pm    Post subject:

You edit the program on the computer, then you save it. Send it via Ticonnect or another linking program.
Antifaith

Posted: 23 May 2006 09:45:16 pm    Post subject:

TIconnect crashes every single time. Reinstalled it 3 times, always the same error..
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 May 2006 10:37:04 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, I should have looked for the TIGL link.

That must be something with your computer then. What OS are you using? XP SP2?
chipmaster

Posted: 23 May 2006 10:54:28 pm    Post subject:

Antifaith wrote:
Oh, ydo you mean the Brazucs link? Thought it was part of a his signature.

If it is indeed the right link, then it's not working for me, it just tells me i need to install flash, which i already have.
[post="80310"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I was owned Very Happy That was awesome Brazucs!

I have a usb cable and TIConnect. It runs fine on my computer (Windows SP2).
Antifaith

Posted: 24 May 2006 06:52:37 am    Post subject:

Nevermind i got it working.i reinstalled it again but before doing so, reinstalled it for a 4th time, rebooted and now it works.

Go figure!
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 24 May 2006 06:55:01 am    Post subject:

I was owned too, but I closed notepad, and it went berserk and started randomly closing things. Dry

There is a USB driver for TiLP (—Click—). Also, as an alternative for TI-Graphlink, you can use TI++ to write Basic programs, but it doesn't work too well.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement