This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Apr 2006 04:37:10 pm    Post subject:

Over the past several months, I have been working on the second generation of the wildly popular SourceCoder, SourceCoder 2. For those unfamiliar with it, SourceCoder is an online webapp that can parse a wide variety of TI graphing calculator files into human-readable format. In other words, it generates source code in HTML, ASCII, phpBBcode, and IFBBCode from programs, lists, matrices; .gifs from pictures, and composite files from groups. SourceCoder 2 builds on many of the suggestions received after SourceCoder was featured on ticalc.org (article), especially requests to make it a full-featured online IDE for TI-BASIC programs. SourceCoder now does that and more. When you first go to SourceCoder 2, you should notice the cleaner, more useable and feature-rich interface at your fingertips. You can upload a file, choose whether to optimize it, or choose to highlight syntax. The syntax highlighter was a feature ported from optiBASIC, while the optimizations are all created by me from several TI-BASIC optimization guides around the internet. At the bottom of the page, guests will see a message asking them to log in, while members see a My Projects section. This essentially allows people to create, edit, view, save, and modify TI-BASIC projects online without ever touching a calculator. Best of all, SC2 now includes a recompiler that can generate valid .83p and .8xp files from ascii files generated by SourceCoder. Please feel free to test it out and help me find bugs. I'll be adding help files and tooltips throughout SC2 and gradually making the virtual TI-83+ next to the file edit block workable. At the moment some of the javascripting (ie the virtual TI related code) is FF-guaranteed only, so IE users may have to type out code by hand. Also have fun with the My Projects and Exporter features. At the moment, there is only a single known serious bug, where the %optimization of optimized programs may be incorrectly reported.

SourceCoder 2 Beta 2
http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelite/sourcecoder2.php
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 Apr 2006 12:02:29 pm    Post subject:

Update: Thanks to Elfprince13 and Dr. DNar, I now have support for the 20ish 84-specific tokens as well.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Apr 2006 12:28:28 pm    Post subject:

The ZOOM/MODE interfaces are wonderful. Keep up the good work. Smile
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 Apr 2006 12:36:49 pm    Post subject:

Hehe, thanks. I'm slowly getting those all into it, and I hope to make a lot of progress once May 10th comes around.
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Apr 2006 01:02:45 pm    Post subject:

Awesome job, Kerm! Good to see you kept this up Smile
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 Apr 2006 01:31:23 pm    Post subject:

Thanks. I hope to surpass anything TI may have done, including GraphLink and that mysterious beta that came with one of the TIConnect versions.
Daniel15

Posted: 08 Apr 2006 12:01:21 am    Post subject:

OK, I tested this with one of my Basic programs (Half-life calculator), and tried to edit it. When I clicked 'Edit', the only thing that appeared in the textarea was a single ':' character... I'm using Opera 8.52 on Windows XP SP2

Quote:
At the moment, there is only a single known serious bug, where the %optimization of optimized programs may be incorrectly reported.

Heh, I got:

Code:
Optimized from 773 bytes to 1030 bytes, saving -257 bytes or -33.2% of the original size.

:P

Other than this, keep up the good work!

P.S I noticed that you solved the 'solve( appearing as root(' problem I reported :D

Quote:
GraphLink

You mean that ugly, stupid 16-bit program? Razz I was using GraphLink for my TI-83, but I stopped using it (it didn't like to work for me)

Last edited by Guest on 08 Apr 2006 12:12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Apr 2006 08:27:53 am    Post subject:

I'd like to point out a new feature. By permissioning items in your My Projects to be viewable by everyone, you can link directly instead of having to paste up massive gobs of code. In fact, you can also make them editable by specific users or anyone; I've made this one read and writeable globally! Have fun (note that you still must be logged in to edit it):
http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelit...6b18515107bf4c6

Last edited by Guest on 11 Apr 2006 08:28:13 am; edited 1 time in total
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Apr 2006 08:50:30 am    Post subject:

kermmartian wrote:
that mysterious beta that came with one of the TIConnect versions.
[post="74546"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

that had syntax checking but it wanted you to close all your stuff....sorta annoying really.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Apr 2006 10:55:41 am    Post subject:

Syntax checking? Iiinteresting, I bet I could come up with something like that.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Apr 2006 05:51:07 pm    Post subject:

Preposterous, TI-Basic has no syntax whatsoever.

Overall, looks good! I managed to compile a simple working program that displayed "HAHA!" in random positions on the screen.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Apr 2006 05:55:25 pm    Post subject:

This is awesome. I had seen the sourceCoder 1 and had never really tried it out. I spent like one hour yesterday jumping through loops to get my pictures to change to GIF format and I just did it today in like 1 minute.
programmer_to_be
Jesus is my Lord and Saviour.

Elite

Posted: 11 Apr 2006 05:56:19 pm    Post subject:

Why does SourceCoder sometimes say it saved a negative amount of memory? That doesn't make sense to me.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Apr 2006 09:47:33 am    Post subject:

It's a known bug from it incorrectly calculating the final size of programs. I'll fix it soon, but it's not really a pressing issue for me.
programmer_to_be
Jesus is my Lord and Saviour.

Elite

Posted: 12 Apr 2006 09:49:04 am    Post subject:

Not for me either, I just wanted to know what it was doing. Oh well, I can't wait for the final version to be released! Very Happy
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Apr 2006 10:54:24 am    Post subject:

DarkerLine wrote:
Preposterous, TI-Basic has no syntax whatsoever.

Overall, looks good! I managed to compile a simple working program that displayed "HAHA!" in random positions on the screen.
[post="75227"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'll take a screenshot. All I use is the beta version cause my wireless connection can be finicky and Graphlink is teh suxxorzx
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Apr 2006 11:08:00 am    Post subject:

This is a test.
http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelit...6b18515107bf4c6
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Apr 2006 11:08:22 am    Post subject:

Last time I tried, I had let SC2 optimize the file and it says it saved so many bytes. Well the bytes saved were not optimizations at all...
Ex.

Code:
Disp " /no space

and well it would say that the " wasn't needed...Maybe it is just that optimization, but you should check out your others as well maybe?
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Apr 2006 11:15:36 am    Post subject:

Ah yes, I have gotten that before. I need to fine-tune some of the optimizations.
SourceCoder2

Posted: 12 Apr 2006 07:53:02 pm    Post subject:

SHARED
KermMartian has just edited this program. The source code now reads:
[quote name='"BASIC Code"']:TEST
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005 Cemetech[/quote]This is an automatic post from SourceCoder 2. Report abuse to admin@cemetech.net . You can disable these posts by unchecking the "Post on Update" box in the file's permissions.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement