This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Contra 83

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 07:36:52 pm    Post subject:

YES. It wouldn't be any fun if this game was too easy. If you think landmines will make it more difficult and more challenging, then go for it.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Feb 2004 09:19:09 am    Post subject:

explosion radius of about 6-8 pixels i say.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Feb 2004 04:07:07 pm    Post subject:

Would they also destroy enemies?
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Feb 2004 05:42:48 pm    Post subject:

i would say no. Bryan?
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Feb 2004 06:12:28 pm    Post subject:

I just got done adding mines to the levels and all it really does when you land on one is make a little explosion and then put u back to start of frame, but remember the whole reason is to make the game harder, therefore I do not want it killling the enemies. Very Happy
ducttape_87

Posted: 02 Feb 2004 06:13:40 pm    Post subject:

Why not just make proximity mines are something that you can use. You could toss the mine for enemies to step on.....wait can the enemies walk? But you will be blown up if you step on it too.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 02 Feb 2004 06:38:04 pm    Post subject:

Dude, Bryan, that looks schweeeeeet!

cant wait for the demo!

it WILL be a featured prog., and if it isnt, we will all complain to ticalc.org!!!
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Feb 2004 09:28:06 pm    Post subject:

Just a little update.

I am currently working on a good explosion for a mine when it blows, and I am mainly working on cosmetic stuff and ways to make the game more challenging.

One new way I thought of was to make you have to reload your gun after you shoot. That way it will be impossible to jump up in the air and gun the crap outta a rocket launcher guy with his back turned to you. Since contra runs so fast I had to slow the nme's from checking so much or else they would kick the crap outta you everytime. So I had to add a little cushion to it in order to make the game actually possible. So you can shoot like 3 times in a row while they may be just detecting you. So Ive decided to make it so you can only shoot every other loop cycle. Just to make it interesting. I also will make the weapon upgrade get rid of reloading so it will seem like a machine gun Very Happy

The mine idea was good, now I can make more complex and hard frames that test your jumping abilities and fighting abilities.

The boss needs a little work because Im not sure if I wanna slow already existing subroutines, or else just make new ones. So Im trying to figure that all out. Very Happy

but overall its going good. Ill post screens of the mines once I get a chance.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Feb 2004 12:11:26 am    Post subject:

did you get my pm on making the score routine smaller/faster?
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 04 Feb 2004 12:32:56 am    Post subject:

Well, I do like gunning the crap out of things, but if you say it's better this way, then I'll trust you!
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Feb 2004 01:39:48 am    Post subject:

gah, i hate most games that limit my rate of fire....
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Feb 2004 08:08:58 am    Post subject:

hey bryan why dont you when finished with the contra game make it a app in basicbuilder? So it will be easier for the user to play?
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 04 Feb 2004 09:58:01 am    Post subject:

That's a REALLY good idea. Only games like this one deserve to be an app. Smile
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Feb 2004 02:29:12 pm    Post subject:

I can tell you for sure there will be less problems with the game and the players if you use basic builder because of not being in th hassle of memory errors and others!
Now how many programs are there total in this game or is it all one program?
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Feb 2004 05:21:36 pm    Post subject:

There are about 10 subroutines and 1 main loop, so Im not sure how easy it would be with basic builder. But it all sounds good.

Yeah Ive decided to leave out reloading. Because as of now the nmes have a leg up on you anyways so Ill only be making the game harder. The mines really aloud me to make hard terrain mobility so It should be fine.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 04 Feb 2004 06:11:44 pm    Post subject:

heh, thats sweet...

you could so something like this :
.#
. = mine
# = nme

:lol:

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Feb 2004 06:49:18 pm    Post subject:

That program looks awsome, and its hard to believe it's all done in basci, very talented.
jtchange

Posted: 05 Feb 2004 12:12:54 pm    Post subject:

I applaud you once again Bryan and i'm glad to hear that you're back to the programming world! Very Happy Can't wait to play this game on the VTI since i don't have the ti83+ Neutral
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Feb 2004 04:27:35 pm    Post subject:

Thanks guys Very Happy

As I said before, I am omstly concentrating on consmetic stuff right now. For instance, I made it so when you first start a level, it does this awesome animation which makes it look like your teleporting in its SOOOOO tight Very Happy . I also made a cool mine explosion animation that Andrew gave me an idea on. It look like it vaporizes you haha Razz . Everything is going good, I got some kid addicted to it in school and I had to like threaten him togetmy calc back, I guess thats good news lol. But yeah I should be done demo by next friday if I'm lucky, so be sure to check UTI or else OLS website to download it, because Im not gonna release it on ticalc.

IIght gotta get to work, peace Very Happy

(ill posyt a screenshot of the mine explosion and teleportation ASAP)
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Feb 2004 05:55:23 pm    Post subject:

Hey ummm, I just downloaded VTI Capture and I tried to take an animated screenshot with it but I cannot figure out the correct intervals to set it to. DOes anyone know the correct intervals? Very Happy (if you do tell me b/c it would allow me to post alot more screenshots for ya) Very Happy
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement