This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 15 Jun 2010 12:37:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
if you had commented your code id be interested Razz

Don't you think that there may be a reason why the code contains few comments ? ;)

There are also reasons why fairly little status information about Ndless 2 is given on public message boards.

Last edited by Guest on 15 Jun 2010 05:08:20 am; edited 1 time in total
aktentasche

Posted: 15 Jun 2010 03:18:04 pm    Post subject:

acknowledged Smile
Smartzkid

Posted: 19 Jun 2010 03:50:22 am    Post subject:

geogeo wrote:

Sorry for my long time of reply.
I worked on Ndless 2 two months ago. Today, Ndless 2 is fully functional on the OS 1.7 (CAS and NON-CAS) and a basic system calls manager was added. But today, ExtendeD and me haven't much time to continue working on this project. I encourage people who want to participate to Ndless 2 (even if you suppose to have a low level in programming) to supply your own contribution to the community.

How do we help?
fb39ca4

Posted: 19 Jun 2010 01:38:39 pm    Post subject:

If ndless is fully functional on os 1.7, why not make a release? As long as it downloads the os from some foreign server, TI can't do much to stop it.
Levak

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 19 Jun 2010 01:45:43 pm    Post subject:

fb39ca4 wrote:

If ndless is fully functional on os 1.7, why not make a release? As long as it downloads the os from some foreign server, TI can't do much to stop it.

I heard they wanted to make it full compatible with OS 2.0 too because the new TI-Nspire touchpad would be excluded...
And, as they said, they haven't the time yet to support it : FAQ and bugs...
critor

Posted: 25 Jun 2010 07:03:52 am    Post subject:

Levak wrote:

fb39ca4 wrote:

I heard they wanted to make it full compatible with OS 2.0 too because the new TI-Nspire touchpad would be excluded...
And, as they said, they haven't the time yet to support it : FAQ and bugs...

Yes but... we have to care about the user too...

The new Nspire touchpad is not yet available in shops here in France, and there's a shortage of stock for teachers and on online shops.

The 1.1 OS is quite useless: no programming, can't open/convert more recent tns files...

Many users would be very happy with OS 1.7: launching asm programs, and doing maths too.

So it would be nice to release Ndless2 for OS 1.7 now, and Ndless3 for OS 2.0 later (next year).
Smartzkid

Posted: 28 Jun 2010 11:45:27 pm    Post subject:

critor wrote:

The 1.1 OS is quite useless: no programming, can't open/convert more recent tns files...

Many users would be very happy with OS 1.7: launching asm programs, and doing maths too.

1.7 fixes the power management bug that many of us have with 1.1

We can drop the os onto bittorrent. There are plenty of o/s java bittorent libraries out there (a couple I've heard of:)

Snark
Java Bittorrent API (BitExt)

Last edited by Guest on 28 Jun 2010 11:48:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Levak

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 30 Jun 2010 04:29:20 am    Post subject:

Okey,
I've seen that many TI-nSpire CAS users had got troubles with using the Ndless installer.
Thus, I get the time to record myself while installing and uninstalling Ndless on a TI-nSpire CAS.
The only problem is that I'm a french speaker, and I don't have instinctive english for the moment (I have to talk many hours for being bilingual...)

Here is the video (available only in HD, think to active it):
http://www.vimeo.com/12957579

If any one have the time to make subtitles in english, it could be really great. I could make them, but a little help can't be refused Razz
If there is any voluntaries, please tell me Laughing

Last edited by Guest on 30 Jun 2010 04:30:09 am; edited 1 time in total
sam101

Posted: 30 Jun 2010 08:31:22 am    Post subject:

In fact, 1.7 OS are still in TI's website. So yeah a release would be cool, but I think we shouldn't except it.
ut1238

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 08:53:11 pm    Post subject:

Hi, guys. I have a Nspire-CAS+ calculating. I want to ask whether it is possible to get the Operating System out of this calculator using Ndless.
This calculator has a version: 1.0.554, dated august 28, 2006. Boot1 Code Version: 1.0.526. Boot2 Code Version: 1.0.526.
Since this is the first ever version on a prototype, I am thinking that if we do happens to get the operating system out we can actually analyze it with the current Nspire calculator. Who knows, we might have an idea of how the key is produce. Therefore, allows us to create one which allows us to install all kind of programs on this.
This is the first operating system that they TI ever produced so it should give us a glimpse of how the key were made since it is a prototype. So, can someone show me how to get the operating system out of this calculator through Ndless for further development of the TI-Nspire in the long run?
jhgenius01

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 12:02:55 am    Post subject:

good idea this would help greatly
bsl

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 01:10:18 am    Post subject:

I would say hang on to it. The earliest of anything has the easiest security holes in it.
You are not out much hanging on to it.
You are on your own a little here, but you have a good start.
You have to experiment and modify the Ndless installer with that older link software you have.
You will have to patch that link software also.
If you can grab the strings.res file with the link software and its the same as the 1.1 CAS then it looks very promising.

There may also be some undocumented features that the calculator may have, not on the newer ones.
See if you get the diags menu ?
jhgenius01

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 04:48:59 am    Post subject:

what do you guys think? this could be a great opportunity for us to control the nspire (through shaping a custom OS), not TI controlling us. anyway, many opportunities here.
ut1238

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 10:22:34 am    Post subject:

Hey, guys. I just checked out the menu of this calculator. It is different. On the menu, I see that the calculator has a "send" option. I try to send it using the TI-Nspire Link software but it said it is the "wrong cable, check again." Could it be that this send only applies when I connect it with another calculator? because I see a 2 calculator icons next to the send button. And can I ask does it send operating system or just files?
Goplat

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 02:11:22 pm    Post subject:

Here's my quick attempt at making a program to get the OS... Create an "OS" folder on your calc, then run

Code:
java -cp "C:\Program Files\TI Education\TI-Nspire Computer Link\lib\pxconnect.jar;" -Djava.library.path="C:\Program Files\TI Education\TI-Nspire Computer Link\lib" GetOS

If it works it should copy the OS to a document in this folder, which you can then download to your computer.
ut1238

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 03:21:53 pm    Post subject:

Goplat wrote:

Here's my quick attempt at making a program to get the OS... Create an "OS" folder on your calc, then run

Code:
java -cp "C:\Program Files\TI Education\TI-Nspire Computer Link\lib\pxconnect.jar;" -Djava.library.path="C:\Program Files\TI Education\TI-Nspire Computer Link\lib" GetOS

If it works it should copy the OS to a document in this folder, which you can then download to your computer.

Ok. I did that. I created an OS folder under the Document folder. Then, I ran the code. The cmd flashed for a second. Then, I checked the OS folder in my calculator. I didn't see any files in there. It said 0 Kb.
By the way, where do I put the GetOS.zip folder?

bsl wrote:

I would say hang on to it. The earliest of anything has the easiest security holes in it.
You are not out much hanging on to it.
You are on your own a little here, but you have a good start.
You have to experiment and modify the Ndless installer with that older link software you have.
You will have to patch that link software also.
If you can grab the strings.res file with the link software and its the same as the 1.1 CAS then it looks very promising.

There may also be some undocumented features that the calculator may have, not on the newer ones.
See if you get the diags menu ?

that's the thing, there's no key that allows me to enter the diagnosis screen. The usual cltr+home+p+on don't work because home button is not there. However, I found out that if you hit cltr+? you get mathematical ! factorial which normal n-spire doesn't have.
Here is a close up look at the keyboard.

It has a send OS menu but it is disable. How do I access this?

Last edited by Guest on 23 Aug 2010 06:56:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goplat

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 04:06:29 pm    Post subject:

ut1238 wrote:

Ok. I did that. I created an OS folder under the Document folder. Then, I ran the code. The cmd flashed for a second. Then, I checked the OS folder in my calculator. I didn't see any files in there. It said 0 Kb.
Unzip it anywhere you like, and run the command from the command prompt while inside the directory you unzipped it in.

ut1238 wrote:

Probably only works when another CAS+ is connected.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Aug 2010 04:09:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
ut1238

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 04:14:06 pm    Post subject:

Goplat wrote:

ut1238 wrote:

Unzip it anywhere you like, and run the command from the command prompt while inside the directory you unzipped it in.

ut1238 wrote:

Ok. This is where I put the file
C:\Documents and Settings\David\Desktop\GetOS
What should my command code be?

Goplat wrote:

ut1238 wrote:

ut1238 wrote:

Isn't it that when we connected to the computer, the calculator sees it as a connection to another calculator? So that function should be enabled when connected to a computer right?

Last edited by Guest on 23 Aug 2010 06:57:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goplat

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 04:27:31 pm    Post subject:

ut1238 wrote:

Open the command prompt, change to that directory (cd C:\Documents and Settings\David\Desktop\GetOS), then enter the command I posted before (java -cp "C:\Program Files\TI Education\TI-Nspire Computer Link\lib\pxconnect.jar;" -Djava.library.path="C:\Program Files\TI Education\TI-Nspire Computer Link\lib" GetOS)
ut1238

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 04:42:26 pm    Post subject:

Goplat wrote:

ut1238 wrote:

Open the command prompt, change to that directory (cd C:\Documents and Settings\David\Desktop\GetOS), then enter the command I posted before (java -cp "C:\Program Files\TI Education\TI-Nspire Computer Link\lib\pxconnect.jar;" -Djava.library.path="C:\Program Files\TI Education\TI-Nspire Computer Link\lib" GetOS)

Ok. I did that. Nothing is being saved on the calculator. However, on the cmd screen these things are being spit out:

C:\Documents and Settings\David\Desktop\GetOS>java -cp "C:\Program Files\TI Educ
ation\TI-Nspire Computer Link\lib\pxconnect.jar;" -Djava.library.path="C:\Progra
m Files\TI Education\TI-Nspire Computer Link\lib" GetOS
Aug 23, 2010 5:38:56 PM com.ti.eps.pxconnect.connectivity.ConnectivityAPI getDev
iceInfo
INFO: getDeviceInfo(2886742570,batteryLevel: 0 availableMemory: 0 totalMemory: 0
imageWidth: 0 imageHeight: 0 imageBPP: 0 displaySize: 0)
Aug 23, 2010 5:38:56 PM com.ti.eps.pxconnect.connectivity.ConnectivityAPI getDev
iceInfo
INFO: getDeviceInfo returned with devInfo = batteryLevel: 0 availableMemory:
22699 totalMemory: 28504 imageWidth: 320 imageHeight: 240 imageBPP: 4 displaySi
ze: 38400
Aug 23, 2010 5:38:56 PM com.ti.eps.pxconnect.connectivity.ConnectivityAPI copyFi
le
INFO: copyFile(2886742570,/../phoenix/install/TI-Nspire.tnc,OS/TI-Nspire.tns)
Exception in thread "main" com.ti.eps.pxconnect.app.DeviceFileXferException: Err
or.DeviceFileXfer.Copy.BadPath
at com.ti.eps.pxconnect.connectivity.ConnectivityAPI.copyFile(Native Met
hod)
at com.ti.eps.pxconnect.connectivity.ConnectivityAPI.copyFile(Connectivi
tyAPI.java:117)
at GetOS.main(GetOS.java:16)

What are these means?

Last edited by Guest on 23 Aug 2010 07:00:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 7 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement