This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
United-TI Archives -> Pokemon Purple

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 08 Mar 2010 08:44:47 pm    Post subject:

sadly I failed at getting things tested, felt like complete crap and was too sore to stay in a chair for too long. anyways..

http://tifreakware.net/tifreak8x/pokemon/ss/001.jpg

warning, large picture is large.

This is the code I am using for you to get ALL 3 STARTER POKEMON. =D

What do you think?

and I plan everything on paper because as I see the code I can actually predict what it is going to do in my mind and know if it will work with 80% certainty.
Bhaliar

Posted: 09 Mar 2010 10:01:24 pm    Post subject:

Two thumbs way up!
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 23 Mar 2010 09:05:50 am    Post subject:

This hasn't died, even if it has been a week since I have done anything with it. I have been slowly working on the code for the game to know what to do with pokemon, until this morning when I realized that I have a problem on my hands.

Since I am using 6 appvar programs to store the pokemon into when they are in the 'PC', and 6 lists to keep track of which pokemon is in which slot, I have realized that if one were to start a new game, those pokemon would still be in there 'PC' and could be gotten after.

To fix this problem, I have decided that once a person starts a new game, it will ask to see if the user REALLY wants to do that, because it will delete all the data within those programs and lists and such. This is the only sure way I have to be able to not have this problem.

So yeah, thar we go. XD

Also, have been distracted by SoulSilver version. <<
cssc

Posted: 23 Mar 2010 03:31:21 pm    Post subject:

Progress is progress :)

glad to see it, keep it up
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Mar 2010 01:13:06 am    Post subject:

You aren't the only distracted one.

Big follower of Heartgold here Very Happy
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 09 Apr 2010 03:09:06 pm    Post subject:

Been making some slow progress with pokemon, had to replan some stuff, realized that other aspects still need to be done before I can actually get around to getting pokemon picked up. At the moment, I am going to finish off the pokedex, at least as far as I need to concern myself with at this moment. The only aspect of it that will not be complete is the location finder.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 14 Apr 2010 01:21:52 pm    Post subject:

I have updated the pokedex program I had posted separately to ticalc.org, just waiting for them to get it approved.

Anyways, this new update includes the following:

- added pokemon data text for each of the 151 pokemon
- added height and weight for each of the 151 pokemon
- data viewable only if pokemon is caught, otherwise shows

Something to note, is that this program now takes up 36,813 bytes all by itself. I still need to update this one more time with the area finder, however, I have not even started in organizing how I want this done, so that is something that will happen at a later date.

And for the juicy details that most will be waiting for:

cssc

Posted: 15 Apr 2010 01:48:40 am    Post subject:

Very Cool! It looks great, and it looks like it runs fast.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 15 Apr 2010 09:59:38 pm    Post subject:

The SE calc runs it pretty quick for it being mostly basic. Once I get this thing to where it is just a matter of adding data, I will start posting code for any that wants to try to help me spot any speed optimizations.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 08:25:37 am    Post subject:

I am contemplating making the events list be based in an app var, due to memory reasons. A 150 element list takes up roughly 1500 bytes while a program with around 150 '0s' takes up around 300 bytes. Kind of a no brainer in that regard, and I can read the data from the appvar from flash, and only have to unarchive it occasionally, instead of like a list and having it in RAM to read.

Not sure I want to do this with the pokedex yet or not. It could potentially slow down the program significantly since it has to call for each instance of the name showing up. The event setup wouldn't be a massive blow on speed, since it gets called every once in a while.

Just some more idle contemplations on my part I guess, to help lower memory usage.

Thoughts?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 19 Apr 2010 04:15:49 pm    Post subject:

Random post of interest, pokemon, without the code for the new screen and stuff, currently takes up 106,585 bytes of memory. The list of things still needed to be put into the game is much too long to list here.

Anyways, found that interesting, thought others might as well.

*goes back to coding*
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 21 Apr 2010 09:04:20 am    Post subject:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/389/38997.html

If anyone would like to try out the pokedex itself and let me know what they think, that would be awesome of you. Really would appreciate someone running through all 151 pokemon, make sure things look correct and let me know if there are any that don't? appreciate it.
Bhaliar

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 05:10:48 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/389/38997.html

If anyone would like to try out the pokedex itself and let me know what they think, that would be awesome of you. Really would appreciate someone running through all 151 pokemon, make sure things look correct and let me know if there are any that don't? appreciate it.

I will try it out once I redownload wabbitemu, but I do have one idea for your pokedex. I know that it is in the tradition of the game to have it scroll by one pokemon at a time, but wouldn't it be easier if it did numbers one to nine, and then when you press down at the bottom, it does ten to nineteen? Just a thought, cause it looks amazing, but I would personally be annoyed by having to scroll one by one with the flashing and verything.

That and I recently had a friend ask me to make a pokemon game, so I gonna make a game where you will only battle, either human vs human, or human vs computer. And under the Hmvs CP, You would be able to save and continue, unlike the hm vs hm, where you either have to start with a level one pokemon, or you can port a pokemon from your save file. I might add passwords to make it interesting. Though, it would be neat to do it calc to calc, I really am to lazy. Sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Apr 2010 05:14:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 30 Apr 2010 01:16:18 pm    Post subject:

A bug and fix has already been done with pokedex purple, and I am looking into ideas with possible jump ahead via input or something, not sure yet. Not really an important aspect of the game, yet parts of it needed to be done so I could integrate it into other aspects of pokemon purple.

Progress continues.
Bhaliar

Posted: 30 Apr 2010 08:08:51 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:

A bug and fix has already been done with pokedex purple, and I am looking into ideas with possible jump ahead via input or something, not sure yet. Not really an important aspect of the game, yet parts of it needed to be done so I could integrate it into other aspects of pokemon purple.

Progress continues.

I have a few questions.

1) I was wondering if you have done anything for your battle engine, and if so, how you incorporated the different stats?
20 What method did you use for your sprites?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 01 May 2010 08:08:22 pm    Post subject:

1) I have only started organizing how I am going to be doing battle stuff, I haven't really gotten into coding it yet. It is #2 or #3 on the list of things I got to do next.

2) Sprite data is all hexadecimal with a special character that I use to tell the parser (made by benryves) to stop with that row and drop to the next. That way it added a sort of compression method to the sprites. All 151 of them take over 16k of space.
Bhaliar

Posted: 02 May 2010 02:02:10 am    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:

1) I have only started organizing how I am going to be doing battle stuff, I haven't really gotten into coding it yet. It is #2 or #3 on the list of things I got to do next.

2) Sprite data is all hexadecimal with a special character that I use to tell the parser (made by benryves) to stop with that row and drop to the next. That way it added a sort of compression method to the sprites. All 151 of them take over 16k of space.

Hmm, maybe I will forgo the sprites for now.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 02 May 2010 04:26:22 pm    Post subject:

Well, that is with my sprite compression as well. Without that, it took around 36kb? been a while since I was at that phase, so I don't remember for certain.

Anyways, I have to go back through all this code, figure out where I am currently using the list 'EVEN' so I can begin revamping the events system for calling and such.

What this will do is allow me to free up the 1400 bytes that the list takes up in RAM in any given time for a program that takes 308 bytes that can be read from archive as an appvar. However, it will take up a bit more space calling and storing to the appvar, but in the long run I think it will be worth it.

So, that's next!
Bhaliar

Posted: 03 May 2010 05:22:59 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:

Well, that is with my sprite compression as well. Without that, it took around 36kb? been a while since I was at that phase, so I don't remember for certain.

Anyways, I have to go back through all this code, figure out where I am currently using the list 'EVEN' so I can begin revamping the events system for calling and such.

What this will do is allow me to free up the 1400 bytes that the list takes up in RAM in any given time for a program that takes 308 bytes that can be read from archive as an appvar. However, it will take up a bit more space calling and storing to the appvar, but in the long run I think it will be worth it.

So, that's next!

Sounds fun. And what would the size look like if I was using scatter plot with lists, and only had about 15 po0kemon sprites to make?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 03 May 2010 09:09:42 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I don't know. Probably won't know until you make them to find out, sadly. =<

And my next bit to do isn't bad, just a little time consuming.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 6 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement