This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
United-TI Archives -> TI-Basic

» Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
kinkoa

Posted: 06 Nov 2009 02:13:58 pm    Post subject:

I am working on a complete remake of windows and will have the beta version out in aprox 3 months the remake will have some of the common features such as notepad but will not have all features things such as internet explorer or time(will have on ti-84/+)
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Nov 2009 03:10:01 pm    Post subject:

could we have some more information on it? like maybe some screenshots or something?
ztrumpet

Posted: 06 Nov 2009 03:59:49 pm    Post subject:

Is this in Asm or Basic?
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Nov 2009 10:28:05 pm    Post subject:

I wish more people realized that Windows is an operating system (well, a bad one, but still) and the point of it is that it provides a vital foundation to run programs on. An operating system's purpose is no to provide a nifty GUI that provides no actual framework (such as an API, or memory management, etc.)
kinkoa

Posted: 07 Nov 2009 12:33:40 am    Post subject:

Eeems wrote:
could we have some more information on it? like maybe some screenshots or something?

That is not possible at this point as the code is only in a text file on my pc

ztrumpet wrote:
Is this in Asm or Basic?

for 83 it will be a watered down version in basic but the main one is neither it will be done in DCS6
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Nov 2009 01:13:54 am    Post subject:

shadowking wrote:
Eeems wrote:

That is not possible at this point as the code is only in a text file on my pc
how about more information? Is that possible?
kinkoa

Posted: 07 Nov 2009 02:21:59 am    Post subject:

Yes it is possible what do you want to know about it
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Nov 2009 08:43:54 am    Post subject:

What features will it have?
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 07 Nov 2009 12:43:48 pm    Post subject:

shadowking wrote:
I am working on a complete remake of windows and will have the beta version out in aprox 3 months the remake will have some of the common features such as notepad but will not have all features things such as internet explorer or time(will have on ti-84/+)

sometimes its a good idea to start reading from the very first post
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Nov 2009 12:48:54 pm    Post subject:

GloryMXE7 wrote:
shadowking wrote:

sometimes its a good idea to start reading from the very first post

Yes, because notepad is everything I want to know. Is it a shell type? Mouse driven USB8X support? More specific ideas would be nice.
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Nov 2009 02:43:19 pm    Post subject:

shadowking wrote:
Yes it is possible what do you want to know about it

Like, what other features do you have planned?
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 07 Nov 2009 06:12:04 pm    Post subject:

This may just be me, but what does Windows have that you'd want on a TI? Besides support for x86 programs, which would be IMPOSSIBLE to do?
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 07 Nov 2009 07:11:37 pm    Post subject:

IAmACalculator wrote:
Besides support for x86 programs, which would be IMPOSSIBLE to do?

I don't think it's completely impossible. Theoretically you could emulate the x86 instruction set, though it's so massive compared to the z80 instruction set that it would be horribly inefficient and slow.
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Nov 2009 07:21:13 pm    Post subject:

this just sounds like OMG TIBASIC WINDOWS FOR TEH CALCULATOR!!!1!11

Which has been done before.
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Nov 2009 08:07:50 pm    Post subject:

Ok you guys, let's not jump on him right away, let's first find out if it is.
kinkoa

Posted: 08 Nov 2009 12:52:42 am    Post subject:

Ok i just started this project three days ago i havent had time to plan all the features and capabilities, i never new that someone had already done this and as for emulating something i will need help to do right now im working on the basic version due to lack of computer (i know that some are wondering how im posting without a computer, i have an ipod touch) so i dont yet have DCS6 that i plan to do it in for now i havent planned any major features for the basic version i have just coded the screens so far and working on those.
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Nov 2009 02:01:22 am    Post subject:

(yay! A fellow iPod touch user!) ah, well keep us posted on your progress, and let us know what you plan. Hopefully you will come up with something that will make this project really worthwhile. Because people can be really put off by another WINDOWS FOR TEH CALC!!!!!1 because of how many times it has been done. Heck I've even started a few projects like it. Although mine were way better then what there is out there...and unfinished :/
http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?topic=10...g13051#msg13051 if you want to take a look, and maybe borrow a bit of code
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Nov 2009 08:55:03 am    Post subject:

Yay! iPod touch users!

What is wrong with your computer?
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Nov 2009 02:34:26 pm    Post subject:

Eeems wrote:
Ok you guys, let's not jump on him right away, let's first find out if it is.

well, he told us it was going to be BASIC, and that he hadn't planned many features yet, and is working on mock screens. I'm not jumping him, but there is some room for skepticism here.
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Nov 2009 06:41:27 pm    Post subject:

True, but that doesn't mean that you can't be nice at first instead of jumping on him....
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement