This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
ticalcnoah

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 07:56:57 am    Post subject:

Omnimaga Contest - Platformer

Omnimaga will be hosting its first contest since its re-opening: a platformer contest. This category will be rather open, so use your imagination! It can include action, puzzle, even 3D platformer (that is, if you're up for it). There will be two categories: the pure BASIC category and the hybrid BASIC/ASM category (xLIB, Celtic, CODEX or other ASM-lib-enhanced games will compete against pure ASM ones). A 16GB USB flash drive will be the first place prize for both the BASIC category and the hybrid BASIC/ASM category. The winners will also receive a custom-made banner showing that they've won. They will be graded on creativity, speed, size, graphics and replay value. Projects shall be judged by registered Omnimaga members through a closed poll.

Entries must be send via e-mail to either noahbaby94, simplethinker or DJ_Omnimaga by 11:59 CST August 24 for approval. The e-mail addresses are n o a h . f e n c e r @ g m a i l . c o m, e l l i s r i l @ g m a i l . c o m, and o m n i m a g a @ g m a i l . c o m, respectively (without the spaces between each characters). Put "Omnimaga contest" on the subject line of the emails.

Rules-

1). You must not have previously announced your project anywhere.
2). You may release screenshots of your progress - however, you are not allowed to release demos or have direct help with your code.
3). BBC Basic, FastRPL, TI-Power, EZAsm, C and other programming languages other than z80 ASM and BASIC are not allowed for this contest. Celtic III, Omnicalc, xLIB and other libraries are allowed since they aren't entire new programming languages. This is to make it fair for ASM programmers.
4). You are not allowed to receive help with entry ideas.
5). Omnimaga has the right to change and modify the rules at any time.

[June 20, 2009] Rule #4 (no idea help) has been added. Note: the new #4 has been stated elsewhere, and this change is only to make it explicit and official.

Good luck to all who enter.
View the official thread here.

Last edited by Guest on 24 Jun 2009 07:33:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 08:04:11 am    Post subject:

a, i wish i didnt announce supaplex yet Sad

im happy whit my 8gb model so..

wait...
*reads the rules again*

no pure asm??
ticalcnoah

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 08:12:53 am    Post subject:

Read this hybrid BASIC/ASM category as
(hybrid BASIC)/(ASM) category

Last edited by Guest on 24 Apr 2009 08:13:33 am; edited 1 time in total
JoeYoung

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 04:18:45 pm    Post subject:

a, i wish i wasn't banned XD
ticalcnoah

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 07:45:32 pm    Post subject:

Also for clarification hybrid basic means anything using xLIB, CelticIII, Omnicalc, CODEX, ect.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 11:43:51 pm    Post subject:

I have some really good ideas for my submission. Hopefully I can get them to work.
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Apr 2009 08:17:45 pm    Post subject:

Glad to see a contest pop up, should spur up some new games!
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 01:24:54 pm    Post subject:

There has been an addition to the rules.

Rules-

1). You must not have previously announced your project anywhere.
2). You may release screenshots of your progress - however, you are not allowed to release demos or have direct help with your code.
3). BBC Basic, FastRPL, TI-Power, EZAsm, C and other programming languages other than z80 ASM and BASIC are not allowed for this contest. Celtic III, Omnicalc, xLIB and other libraries are allowed since they aren't entire new programming languages. This is to make it fair for ASM programmers.
4). You are not allowed to receive help with entry ideas.
5). Omnimaga has the right to change and modify the rules at any time.

When asked about receiving help with ideas, our response has been that it is not allowed since the entry should be the author's work alone. This has led to some confusion because the official announcement mentioned nothing about it, and so we've decided to officially add this as the new rule #4.

Last edited by Guest on 20 Jun 2009 04:45:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 24 Jul 2009 12:17:36 pm    Post subject:

There's only one month left until the deadline. Remember: entries must be submitted by 11:59PM CST (UTC-6).
Eeems

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Aug 2009 11:16:00 pm    Post subject:

The contest has ended as of the 24th
thanks to all who entered (like me Razz)
and good luck
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 06 Sep 2009 09:40:14 pm    Post subject:

Preliminary staff judging has finished, and the public polling is now underway. More information can be found here.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement