This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
United-TI Archives -> TI-Basic

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galandros

Posted: 24 May 2009 02:20:39 am    Post subject:

ztrumpet wrote:
On the pxltests you could use int( instead of round(.

int( make pixel detection on the ship itself... Because coordinates are not integer to give a better effect of movement. Wink
Or I could integer both pixel detection and coordinates. I can test to see how well it fits.

dxfan101010 wrote:
You could make The ship turn invisible? how are you going to pick up items? Will it be an extra key or just running over it. When do you plan on showing the ship?

Easy. To collect items you have to run over it, of course. And it will be just 1 item per map...

I implemented (quite brutally) a fuel item, multi-maps and tries. ^^ The way multi-maps are made, it arises interesting and fun ideas. You can change or pass the variables you want from the previous level.

Ship becomes a little bit irresponsive. Also a little slower but that doesn't bother me, though. eh I have to update movement variables to balance things...

Now I need 4x4 items and maps, 5 at least.
dxfan101010

Posted: 24 May 2009 05:58:16 pm    Post subject:

Galandros wrote:
Ship becomes a little bit irresponsive. Also a little slower but that doesn't bother me, though. eh I have to update movement variables to balance things...

thats not that bad irresponsive makes it harder

Galandros wrote:

is 4x4 enough to make a visibile diference you could just use letters

sorry for not using quote tags i couldnt find them.

Last edited by Guest on 24 May 2009 11:00:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
TI-newb

Posted: 24 May 2009 10:58:34 pm    Post subject:

not long ago (2 weeks ago) i was proving to my friend u can have a pixel bouncing up and down. and i named it Rocket. it soon became a .. mini project for Lunar Lander but i havn't been too into it... Galandros if you want, i could help you with this project (i have no idea if i can actually help). but i'l try to make my own version too XD
dxfan101010

Posted: 25 May 2009 12:58:48 am    Post subject:

while playing thee game i relized the speed detection on the demo is off the ship can be going pretty fast and still get a succes but in the game u must be going relly slow

edit: changed text size

Last edited by Guest on 25 May 2009 02:51:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
TI-newb

Posted: 25 May 2009 12:40:38 pm    Post subject:

This is because the size of the Graph. 1 pixel in the graph can be like.. 5 points. so i was thinking to myself "how about if your ship reaches the middle or quarter of the screen, and when that happens you zoom in.. i think that would work.
dxfan101010

Posted: 25 May 2009 02:50:58 pm    Post subject:

that is how it worked in the real game as you got close to a landing pad you zooomed in. but wouldmt you have to redraw all the levels to zoom?
TI-newb

Posted: 25 May 2009 09:12:42 pm    Post subject:

when i tried the Zoom.. i dunno why but my Velocity(or whatever it's called) Went to 0. so your Falling speed went to 0 and had to build up again... * i have no idea why this happened. but i will look into it if i have time.
dxfan101010

Posted: 25 May 2009 09:25:21 pm    Post subject:

did you use the same value for the zoom as u did for the speed
TI-newb

Posted: 25 May 2009 09:58:57 pm    Post subject:

uhhh?.. not sure what your asking.. butttt... what i did was like when the Ship went lower then ... 1/3 of the screen. Xmax.. or was it Ymax.. goes to like 40.. rather then the normal 95(95 is my default setting..)
dxfan101010

Posted: 25 May 2009 10:06:39 pm    Post subject:

ok thats not how i thought you did it
Galandros

Posted: 26 May 2009 08:26:04 am    Post subject:

dxfan101010 wrote:
Galandros wrote:

Galandros wrote:

Good ideia, I will use text. I would use it anyway to erase the object after collected...

dxfan101010 wrote:
while playing thee game i relized the speed detection on the demo is off the ship can be going pretty fast and still get a succes but in the game u must be going relly slow

I noticed that during testing... Easy to change...

---

I did a labyrinth like map. It is really cool. And this game can be by far more challenging than others because of the TI-BASIC getkey... It only allows you to use the engine to one direction.

And I changed the formula for the speed boost made by the engine. It correspond to a physics formula, and much better!

@TI-newb
Go ahead with yours. In the final we can compare the final game to see what is more fun. I would like to do without seeing others.
My has some really original ideas to maps...
And in the final we could improve a bit both from the code from each other...

Last edited by Guest on 26 May 2009 08:27:31 am; edited 1 time in total
dxfan101010

Posted: 26 May 2009 09:43:32 am    Post subject:

Sounds pretty cool! How big is it right now?
Galandros

Posted: 26 May 2009 11:49:07 am    Post subject:

dxfan101010 wrote:
Sounds pretty cool! How big is it right now?

Small... 558 the main program
But 229 bytes in another program that stores all data of variables, levels and some level events code.
I didn't do all items events. But I am doing it right now.
About pixeltest in the demo, it is broken (just tested bellow iirc)... It only served as place holder for the real pixeltest.

After I got all the items is question of optimizing, balance even more variables, do levels, then do levels and do levels. xD
If someone likes to do maps, that need "smart" imagination to make them fun, this is good suggestion. I just love this kind of map making. The best game I ever played for map making is Stronghold. I loved that game because of map editing and this game will be the 2nd because the engine was made by me. xD
EDIT: talking about map making. It is very easy to add code for things like updating the pontuation, adding consume after passing a map/level or another try. So easy, that I made it in 10 seconds.

When I get bored of making homework or studying, I advance a little in this and other projects. Razz
So progress is relatively slow for a small game. I could do this in just some days if I had no other thing.
When I release this, it will be the finished game with a good set of maps and documentation to make maps.

--
After this I mighty try a tower defence game in 4x4 ASCII. What you think?
Someone some time ago had interest and it is another fun flash game.

I will release this 2 games in TI|BD (it deserves this games) and ticalc (just for backup, I don't expect great interest).
And yes, I am getting proud of this game and even of the ideas for the upcoming tower defence. ^^

Last edited by Guest on 26 May 2009 12:23:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
dxfan101010

Posted: 26 May 2009 02:03:35 pm    Post subject:

Tower defense is great but keeping track of all the enimines will be hard... the game sounds like its going great
I was also going to suggest u realease ti TI|BD

Last edited by Guest on 26 May 2009 02:04:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Galandros

Posted: 26 May 2009 03:00:40 pm    Post subject:

dxfan101010 wrote:
Tower defense is great but keeping track of all the enimines will be hard... the game sounds like its going great

The problem is not the keeping track but the speed it gets when keeping of a lot of enemies...
But I have an opportunity to try to push TI-BASIC even further... Even if I need to disable most graphic animation, it can be a game.

I remembered one thing: I am testing it in my TI-84+SE. Speed will drop miserably in a TI-83+...
I will need someone to adjust variables there... I don't know friends with TI-83+ (just one TI-83).
Or an emulator is good enough for that?
ztrumpet

Posted: 26 May 2009 03:48:09 pm    Post subject:

Galandros wrote:
dxfan101010 wrote:

The problem is not the keeping track but the speed it gets when keeping of a lot of enemies...

For Tower Defence:

Could you load the spot of a new enemy to a list? Like:
If ...New Attacker
94->L1(1+dim(L1 ;0-94 pixls accrost the screen

Later move enemies and check if any have gotten accrost the screen:
L1-1->L1
If 0=L1(1
...You Lose

If you attack and it lands at a certain pixl A:
If min(A=L1
...Attacker Hit

It's not that hard...
dxfan101010

Posted: 26 May 2009 04:40:20 pm    Post subject:

its all about speed
TI-newb

Posted: 26 May 2009 07:35:17 pm    Post subject:

Galandros wrote:
dxfan101010 wrote:
Galandros wrote:

Galandros wrote:

Good ideia, I will use text. I would use it anyway to erase the object after collected...

dxfan101010 wrote:

I noticed that during testing... Easy to change...

---

I did a labyrinth like map. It is really cool. And this game can be by far more challenging than others because of the TI-BASIC getkey... It only allows you to use the engine to one direction.

And I changed the formula for the speed boost made by the engine. It correspond to a physics formula, and much better!

@TI-newb
Go ahead with yours. In the final we can compare the final game to see what is more fun. I would like to do without seeing others.
My has some really original ideas to maps...
And in the final we could improve a bit both from the code from each other...

Uhhh Lols Galandros... Atm it's a pixel.. and i don't know if i will be working on it much. If i get time i definetly will.. but right now im fasinated by the graphix CelticIII can create.. or convert from numbers into Pixels *amazed*.. If i make the Lunar lander game though. i think it might use CelticIII...

*btw i will tell you my progress(when i even start it again).
Galandros

Posted: 27 May 2009 09:27:49 am    Post subject:

[quote name='TI-newb' post='133623' date='May 27 2009, 01:35 AM']Uhhh Lols Galandros... Atm it's a pixel.. and i don't know if i will be working on it much. If i get time i definetly will.. but right now im fasinated by the graphix CelticIII can create.. or convert from numbers into Pixels *amazed*.. If i make the Lunar lander game though. i think it might use CelticIII...

*btw i will tell you my progress(when i even start it again).[/quote]
I started with 2 lines that made a rectangle :P

CelticIII is cool. But I would need to read a lot of documentation and practise to get good results. And I don't have time for that. Sad
After this, an ASCII tower defence and my math stuff, I can get somewhat realized in TI-BASIC. Maybe time to pass to asm. And then other platform (Symbian cellphone dev caught my attention)
Lately times seems very precious thing... I had an idea that there was time for everything but now I discovered how dev is entertaining and motivating. ([rant]bah I know better words in my mother language, I just don't find a good translation[/rant])

But for other side, coding maybe is not as much motivating for professional choice as other things (investigation)... I am really confused... Confused Neutral
dxfan101010

Posted: 27 May 2009 03:03:03 pm    Post subject:

if there was time for everything than the world would be a better place..... ([off Topic]i hate skunks[/off Topic])
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement