This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Celtic III => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Celtic III

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Feb 2008 06:19:57 pm    Post subject:

celtic 3 latest app version

the getkey command from xlib, real(8 , doesn't give the right values. for the arrows

if you press down, it supposed to give 1, but it gives 155. instead, pressing up, left and right together does give 1. pressing up, right and left after eachother gives 151,153,154 in that order and pressing 3 arrows togetter gives 1-4.

pressing up and left togetter gives the value for down and right, and visa versa. same go's for up-right and down-left.

pressing all 4 arrows at the same time gives 0

I haven't checked all the keys, but afaik all the other keys gives the correct value.
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 May 2008 03:32:45 pm    Post subject:

celtic 3 lastest app (again)

real(9, the create/delete, doesn't create pics correctly. when I tried to create pic5, it returned 1 to say that it worked, but instead of creating pic5, it created a pic called anova(. also when I checked the memory menu, the anova( pic was multiple times/endlessly in the list, meaning that no matter how much I scrolled down, it didn't scroll to the apps.

I haven't tried creating illegal pics or deleting pics.
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 May 2008 05:49:38 pm    Post subject:

celtic 3 lastest app*

if you specefy 0 as picture for the xlib tilemapper, it seems to take a random pic instead of pic0.

and for identity(5, the putsprite command, it may be more usefull if the string would be in binary data instead of hex data. we already have a hex to bin command and back...

*next time, if I don't specefy the version, asume its the latest one Smile
sumurai8

Posted: 04 Jun 2008 03:13:27 am    Post subject:

I just tested some of my programs with celtic 3 (L)...

When making a tilemap, the begin x and y row are correctly displayed, but it didnt do anything with the end x and y.

The real(12 command doesnt work correct. First of all, in wabbitemu (because of a bad signature i cant send it to my ti) it doesnt write the squares and other crap to the graph buffer, but it updates the screen with it.

To explain the next fault, you have to look closely to the pictures below...

Celtic makes this: [attachment=2322:attachment]

while it had to be: [attachment=2323:attachment]

hope that you can fix celtic XD
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Jun 2008 11:46:15 am    Post subject:

I'm sure it would be more helpful if you posted the code in question...
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Jun 2008 07:56:13 pm    Post subject:

For the tilemap routine: This is a known problem. If you downloaded version (M) and looked at Celtic3.asm , you would see that in the todo list. (I don't expect everyone to read source, so I'm just putting it there for you)

For the real(12...) command, most of what you mention are known problems.

As far as graph buffer problems are concerned, there are no such problems. The screen is never drawn to. Instead, it is always updated with the contents of the buffer if the screen is updated. For this, something else is going on that may be clearing the buffer. For that, you'd have to tell me what piece of code you think might be doing this.

For bad signatures, this problem (supposedly) existed ever since version (A) was introduced. Until I get a final up and ready, this problem will not be resolved so you'll just have to deal with PindurTI, or if you want to, rebuild Celtic III from source.

For errors with the real(12...) function related to box drawing, the routine is known to not like widths of less than 8, though its behavior will vary depending on whether or not both coordinates are within the same byte.

For errors with real(12...) regarding the line drawing routine, keep in mind that the routine has never worked in the first place. This is a very well-known issue.

For some of these errors, you should have read the "Current Progress" thread in its entirety in addition to this thread prior to posting anything here. For the other errors, you were right to bring them up. Now they're well-documented :)

Mentioning these errors and bugs are nice and dandy; it gives me an idea of what's wrong, but, just as DarkerLine said, simply informing me of it is not quite as helpful as posting code that's producing the error along with it.
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Jun 2008 07:50:07 am    Post subject:

Iambian wrote:
For bad signatures, this problem (supposedly) existed ever since version (A) was introduced.
[post="124243"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

the first few apps didn't had a bad signature, that only came with (I think) version D and up.
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posted: 16 Jun 2008 06:56:26 pm    Post subject:

I've been running into a bit of a problem, although this may be at my end. I can't send it to my calculator at all. I drag and drop the file into TI-Connect, while my calculator is plugged in recognized by the computer and it processes for about 2 succesful and then stops. When I check the history it says it went to the calculator fine, but it is not on the calculator. I have loaded many other applications on through this process without incident, but I have never been able to load Celtic 3. I don't know whose fault this is, but help would be nice. Thanks.
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Jun 2008 10:02:12 pm    Post subject:

The person who wrote this post has had the same problem.

The fault would be on my end. As was suggested in the aforementioned post, the reason why this is happening is because there's an invalid signature on the application so your calculator is refusing to load the application. The real fault lies in wabbitsign not producing the correct signature, so... it's nothing on your end. I've done nothing about the signature problem because I've been testing it exclusively on PindurTI and since the application is nowhere near done, I don't expect for anyone to put it on an actual calculator until I can go through all the hoops and hurdles in getting the app signed the right way and making sure it's signed the right way.

I *hope* to get the invalid signature problem fixed by the time I release 3.09(p).

Also, on another note for anyone who reads this, please do include the version code found on the application as opposed to "most recent release". I ran into a problem the day I was constructing the new topic because I couldn't tell what bugs were addressed from what was posted here.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jun 2008 10:06:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Nov 2008 04:22:40 am    Post subject:

A bug in the drawing routines: (version 3.09p)

Right after a ClrDraw execution (the TI-OS command, not the xLib routine, that works fine):

(somewhere in the beginning of my prog is : real(0,1 ))
Then I do a drawShape, and then I call another program to draw a drop-down menu. But at that moment the axes and stuff come back and my menu is pasted onto the os-graphscreen (with the previously drawn stuff removed).

Also sometimes there seems to be something wrong with the keys, but I'm figuring out what it is (could be a logical error of mine Wink ).
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 23 Nov 2008 09:50:36 pm    Post subject:

Mapar007 wrote:
A bug in the drawing routines: (version 3.09p)

Right after a ClrDraw execution (the TI-OS command, not the xLib routine, that works fine):

(somewhere in the beginning of my prog is : real(0,1 ))
Then I do a drawShape, and then I call another program to draw a drop-down menu. But at that moment the axes and stuff come back and my menu is pasted onto the os-graphscreen (with the previously drawn stuff removed).

Also sometimes there seems to be something wrong with the keys, but I'm figuring out what it is (could be a logical error of mine Wink ).
[post="129330"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's a normal quirk of the TI-OS. When ClrDraw is executed, the graph screen is marked to be cleared the next time it is displayed by an OS routine (such as Line(, Text(, etc). To fix this, simply do a DispGraph after the ClrDraw.
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Nov 2008 06:27:23 am    Post subject:

Ok, thanks (it'll fix my paint program and my shell)
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 12 Mar 2009 06:45:43 pm    Post subject:

There's a problem with the xLIB-compatibility real(2 command. It's not rendering any tiles when their matrix entry has a fractional/decimal part.

Here's a screenshot showing the problem. The first part is with xLIB's real(2. After I switch to Celtic III and use real(2 some tiles don't appear at all. The entries in the matrix for the walls, "?" tile, and portal are all integral values, but for the keys, doors, and chips they have fractional values (e.g. 40.03).

This is with Celtic 3.09p
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Mar 2009 06:51:10 pm    Post subject:

simplethinker wrote:
There's a problem with the xLIB-compatibility real(2 command. It's not rendering any tiles when their matrix entry has a fractional/decimal part.

Here's a screenshot showing the problem. The first part is with xLIB's real(2. After I switch to Celtic III and use real(2 some tiles don't appear at all. The entries in the matrix for the walls, "?" tile, and portal are all integral values, but for the keys, doors, and chips they have fractional values (e.g. 40.03).

a quick fix for that would be to use a int( on the matrix before it is passed to the tile mapper
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 12 Mar 2009 07:01:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
a quick fix for that would be to use a int( on the matrix before it is passed to the tile mapper

The matrices I'm using are around 32x32 which take up about 9kB of RAM, so if I did that then I would need an extra 9kB of free RAM just for the split second it's in Ans (I had to write an Asm utility just to store the matrices in the first place without a memory error Cool )

I know this is just a random side effect from xLIB's tilemapper, but Iambian thought he had decimal input working (this report is a follow-up for a discussion on Omnimaga)
Cricket_B

Posted: 14 Mar 2009 10:45:41 pm    Post subject:

Version 3.09(P)

The string editing functions (Edit#Byte)

One argument is Str?

I cannot understand this. No matter what I do, it returns the "Not a string variable" error:
Str?=\Str#\, where # is a number, and the backslashes denote a token. Here, I think that TI-OS is substituting the value of \Str#\, as doing :DelVar \Str#\ causes a TI-OS 'Undefined' error to trigger
Str?="\Str#\"
Str?=#
Str?="Str#" (Notice this one is spelled out)
Str?="STR#"
Str?="#"
Str?=HexToBin("BB0%") where % = #-1

What do I pass as the Str? argument?

Last edited by Guest on 14 Mar 2009 10:46:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Mar 2009 10:55:14 pm    Post subject:

simplethinker wrote:

Would you PM me the package needed to reproduce the screenshot, preferably with a small readme to get it put together properly? This way, I can try to mess around with the Celtic III code to get it to work.

Cricket_B wrote:
Version 3.09(P)

One argument is Str?

I cannot understand this. No matter what I do, it returns the "Not a string variable" error:
Str?=\Str#\, where # is a number, and the backslashes denote a token. Here, I think that TI-OS is substituting the value of \Str#\, as doing :DelVar \Str#\ causes a TI-OS 'Undefined' error to trigger
Str?="\Str#\"
Str?=#
Str?="STR#"
Str?="#"

The input is *supposed* to be the token for a string, but now that you drew attention to it, I've found that what you are seeing is a bug in Celtic III. The problem is now being investigated.

A release for Celtic III will be made available once these issues has been resolved.

Last edited by Guest on 14 Mar 2009 11:00:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cricket_B

Posted: 15 Mar 2009 03:27:02 pm    Post subject:

Iambian wrote:
Cricket_B wrote:
Version 3.09(P)

One argument is Str?

Str?="\Str#\"
Str?=#
Str?="STR#"
Str?="#"

The input is *supposed* to be the token for a string, but now that you drew attention to it, I've found that what you are seeing is a bug in Celtic III. The problem is now being investigated.

A release for Celtic III will be made available once these issues has been resolved.

Wow, such a quick reply. This will help my implimentation of the RSA encryption method.
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 24 Mar 2009 11:57:09 pm    Post subject:

(Build 3.09q) I'm having issues with det(27.

Code:
:det(27,"ABC",1,1
   returns 43
:det(27,"ABC",1,2
   returns 4304
:det(27,"ABC",1,3
   returns 430600
:det(27,"ABC",2,1
   returns 02
:det(27,"ABC",2,2
   returns 0400
:det(27,"ABC",3,1
   returns 00

They should be returning a subset of {41='A', 42='B', 43='C'}. The problem doesn't seem to be reading the wrong byte or adding an offset, since it's giving a different value depending on the length. I thought I might have the inputs wrong (two nibbles to represent a byte), but if that was the case det(27,"ABC",1,1 should give 'rand' as that's the corresponding token.
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Mar 2009 12:21:42 am    Post subject:

simplethinker wrote:
(Build 3.09q) I'm having issues with det(27.

Code:
:det(27,"ABC",1,1
   returns 43
:det(27,"ABC",1,2
   returns 4304
:det(27,"ABC",1,3
   returns 430600
:det(27,"ABC",2,1
   returns 02
:det(27,"ABC",2,2
   returns 0400
:det(27,"ABC",3,1
   returns 00

They should be returning a subset of {41='A', 42='B', 43='C'}. The problem doesn't seem to be reading the wrong byte or adding an offset, since it's giving a different value depending on the length. I thought I might have the inputs wrong (two nibbles to represent a byte), but if that was the case det(27,"ABC",1,1 should give 'rand' as that's the corresponding token.

For the rest of those that missed it... some IRC chat logs!

Code:
|03/25/09 01:15:43 AM| <Iambian> Anyway. The bug is located 7 lines below the label "fStringRead" in the _CFN.z80 file.
|03/25/09 01:15:50 AM| <Iambian> Change the "inc de" to "dec de"
|03/25/09 01:15:54 AM| <Iambian> That fixes the bug.

Hope to make sense of it. It'll be the best fix available until I spend enough time making something halfway worthy of release. Happy compiling!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement