This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 05:28:10 pm    Post subject:

Sounds cool, but more letters in title = hard to fit into the screen. :\

I've added "Defences" to enemies, so some enemies can't be one-hit... more like 2, 3 or even 4 shots to take out them. will be good when i add in levelzzz.

What's the GS running at? 1024 hz? 500 hz? the greyscale routine sets the first timer and 00 to port 4.... dunno..

I have to make a timer. :S

[edit]
i added a timer counter, erm........ it added 4 tstates to the GS routine, and it seems to be fine.. i hope it is :]

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jul 2008 06:05:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 07:47:14 pm    Post subject:

cjgone wrote:
6mhz won't cut it. 15 mhz is a bit fast, but at 6 mhz, it'll be crawling.

scroll more rows at one time lol. that was Jim's solution to a lot of things lol.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 07:56:22 pm    Post subject:

Erm, i've successfully made a timer to keep huge speed differences a thing of the past.

emulator deosn't support the timer (gs), but some random new thingies.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jul 2008 10:25:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
fourchanb

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 17 Jul 2008 06:52:05 am    Post subject:

Hey, don't make a shooter that's more awesome than Touhou!

(Luckily I'm making a very different kind of shooter, because this looks like serious competition).
Agent84

Posted: 17 Jul 2008 11:11:53 am    Post subject:

I've got a couple names off the top of my head:

1) Cosmic Galaxy Warriors
2) Extraterrestrial Space Wars
3) Cosmic Galaxy Conquest
4) Cosmic Galaxy Conquerors
5) Cosmic Space Wars

That's all i can think of right now. I hope you guys like it, I'll think of more later.
MSR5

Posted: 17 Jul 2008 11:18:46 am    Post subject:

Lol looks like you are running someone out of business.Just Joking
Great Job! Personally I like the flickering gs, it gives a retro feeling to the game.
Anyways, I know it is a bit late to suggest this, but how about a weapon up grade (assuming that the ship runs on nuclear power) that shoots a radiated cloud of gas and nuclear waste material at enemy ships and slowly destroy them. Also that cloud would drift back slowly so it is a possibility that your ship could be caught in it, other words a double edged sword.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 17 Jul 2008 01:34:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

(Luckily I'm making a very different kind of shooter, because this looks like serious competition).

Hehe. Goodluck man with your shooter!

Ever need a bit o' help on some shooting stuff, just pm me.
Quote:
I know it is a bit late to suggest this, but how about a weapon up grade (assuming that the ship runs on nuclear power) that shoots a radiated cloud of gas and nuclear waste material at enemy ships and slowly destroy them. Also that cloud would drift back slowly so it is a possibility that your ship could be caught in it, other words a double edged sword.

Eeks, engine wasn't built for advanced bullet customization. :S That's like the only thing that can't be written specifically =X Soz.

Also note that my engine still limited to a max of 4x4 size bullets and 8x8 sized enemies. I'm working on increasing the sizes of things by making an object that assembles up a larger object. However, atm, such intensity can't be done just yet Sad.

Haha, funny to see how much meh game progressed after i wrote the game in "C". it looks quite ugly now, but it allowed me to organize the game out Wink. I posted the "C" source some other time ago. I might go back to 'C' in my next projects after blobby.

Last edited by Guest on 17 Jul 2008 01:49:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 18 Jul 2008 02:30:35 pm    Post subject:

Going to make hi score today. To busy playing Halo yesterday <3.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 18 Jul 2008 06:13:47 pm    Post subject:

o.o jeez that C compiler was pretty good afterall. maybe someone should keep working on it.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 19 Jul 2008 11:47:19 pm    Post subject:

lalalalalaa :blush:

back to old emmulator of wabbit

srry no name input, free source coding makes me lazy ;)

Unless it becomes a huge issue i prolly won't add name input. Hope no one is angry that the code = 14k Surprised. You gotta archive this beast :[

Going to add some levels later and maybe some more power ups, dun dun dun. No progress tomorrow, i'm going to be out side of meh house. Razz

Last edited by Guest on 19 Jul 2008 11:57:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
fourchanb

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 20 Jul 2008 06:15:00 am    Post subject:

cjgone wrote:
Quote:

Hehe. Goodluck man with your shooter!

Ever need a bit o' help on some shooting stuff, just pm me.[post="125392"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Thanks man, but I think most of the engine stuff is finished now on my Touhou! By re-using a lot of old code and external routines I made development time a lot shorter. Some of it is really ugly though, with all the copy-pasting I did.

I suppose most of the work is coding bullet patterns and graphics though.. that could take a while. Good to see that you did a great job on that already!

Man, this gives me some great inspiration for Touhou. 'Too bad' I'm in one of the most awesome countries in the world now (Thailand). Expect some news when I come back though.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 20 Jul 2008 11:19:42 am    Post subject:

Lol, :P

Sweet, should be exciting to see how your shooter will look when you get all the grfx and stuff. :blush:

Last edited by Guest on 20 Jul 2008 11:20:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Jul 2008 09:38:41 pm    Post subject:

Wow! This looks awesome so far.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 21 Jul 2008 03:46:50 pm    Post subject:

Woot, got some sun tan yesterday :], anyway, i am confirming that I am writing some support to larger then 8x8 sprites, up to about 16x16. Unfortunately sprites WILL be limited to n by n, the width = height.

This project should be finished by next week, full source\documentation included. Looking forward to see you download it and have some fun <3.

If you're dieing to see something added, you can post about it if I forgot (yes, i know about the scroll reverse) or you just wanna make me work harder on some absolutely useless upgrade Very Happy.

annoying limitations that i will not update:
bullets must be 4x4
objects = 16x16 max
hiscore = no names
c_plus_plus
My Face Hertz

Posted: 21 Jul 2008 03:54:56 pm    Post subject:

cjgone wrote:
hiscore = no names
[post="125449"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Will nagging and whining help?
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 21 Jul 2008 03:55:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Will nagging and whining help?

:[
Guess I gotta add names =X
c_plus_plus
My Face Hertz

Posted: 21 Jul 2008 03:59:03 pm    Post subject:

Idk. I guess you don't have to, but it would be a nice feature.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 21 Jul 2008 06:09:07 pm    Post subject:

Big boss thingy = hawtness

Yes, object support to 16x16 complete. The task of the big object in the screeny is the same for the shrimpy things hence the small misplace explosion and the bullets getting shot from inside of it.

Collision detection with it is fine via bullets, and running into it.

Last edited by Guest on 21 Jul 2008 06:10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 21 Jul 2008 06:46:38 pm    Post subject:

14k's not bad on SE calcs. the name thing would be nice.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 21 Jul 2008 10:10:36 pm    Post subject:

Wow, after writing a good amount of this game, its funny how similar this is to blaster ball except without the ball. :o

Sneak peak: I'm gonna be writing blaster ball next because there's like 200-300 lines of code difference, not to mention the blocks don't even move and a bouncing ball that only bounces at 45 degree angles is extremely easy to manage. Gonna start working on this 'cuz I don't feel like making levels for a shooter game (very boring). Will work on shooter more tomorrow, k thx.

SAD, pong takes like less then 200 lines in asm.... blaster ball should take roughly 800-900 with no custom\powerups (last thing i have 2 add is collision detection to more objects, then the game engine is done cuz I have object support already...llooooll).
Got a basic design done. No, it doesn't use pixel collision, it's object collision, and the ball goes only at 45 degrees, making it hella easy to write <3.

Last edited by Guest on 22 Jul 2008 01:36:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 7 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement