This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 15 Jul 2008 05:59:42 pm    Post subject:

cjgone wrote:
If anyone knows how to make a timer with greyscale on, please post.

er just modify Jim's original gs interrupt?? it's pretty big to begin with and it's not like extra cc's will kill it lol.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 15 Jul 2008 07:03:25 pm    Post subject:

Object bug fixed.

I don't understand what frequency the GS is running at. Could someone plz tell me.

k thx

Last edited by Guest on 15 Jul 2008 07:05:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike_k

Posted: 15 Jul 2008 08:02:21 pm    Post subject:

Okay, this is weird, but doesn't your background scrolling image imply that your ship is moving BACKWARDS firing at all the enemies? Haha, should it scroll down to imply you are moving towards them? :P

-Mike
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 15 Jul 2008 08:11:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Okay, this is weird, but doesn't your background scrolling image imply that your ship is moving BACKWARDS firing at all the enemies? Haha, should it scroll down to imply you are moving towards them?

-Mike

zomg Surprised LOL, i gotta inverse the scoll. =X Oops.

Last edited by Guest on 15 Jul 2008 08:11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Jul 2008 08:22:12 pm    Post subject:

Either way, one of the sides is flying in reverse. This has always bothered me in shooters...

Last edited by Guest on 15 Jul 2008 08:22:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 12:22:15 am    Post subject:

One thing I saw a while back was side-scrolling. When you banked left or right, the background would shift sideways just a few pixels to give that parallaxing look to it. It would go pretty well with this background.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 12:22:23 am    Post subject:

Ello ppl.

I have some more enemies (more will be added tomorrow).

Anyway, added, a life power Surprised and some kamakazi enemies.
:P

More about the ammo power, it only lasts for 10 shots because it's quite a common drop not to mention, resource saving.
Will have a triple shot that lasts for about 5 shots.

Quote:
One thing I saw a while back was side-scrolling. When you banked left or right, the background would shift sideways just a few pixels to give that parallaxing look to it. It would go pretty well with this background.

hawt idea. I should add that Razz. thx. Now that I code more in an object oriented way (compared to when i wrote tetris ;o), adding lotsa cooler things is a huge time easier.

Still need to make a timer because the program obviously runs at different speeds with more objects.

I'm going to add health to enemies too, so that when I add levels, they'll be harder to killll.
Might add lil' object blurbs like when you get a life it says "1up", then disappears, or "100" when you kill enemy X or sumthin.

PROBABLY, the only limitation for this game is that i'm not using a clipping sprite routine and I'm not going back to fix meh drawing routines to fix that either atm.

thx for all the support. wouldn't be able to write free source games without encouragement Wink.

screeny: runs faster on calc

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jul 2008 12:44:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Spencer

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 01:43:53 am    Post subject:

cjgone wrote:
PROBABLY, the only limitation for this game is that i'm not using a clipping sprite routine and I'm not going back to fix meh drawing routines to fix that either atm.
You would be fine just adding in vertical clipping, which is quite easy. It will make your screen seem a little larger.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 02:12:15 am    Post subject:

Quote:
You would be fine just adding in vertical clipping, which is quite easy. It will make your screen seem a little larger.

I think clipping has a different parameter list which would be a real pain switching the registers when my code was built around the non-clip (all the registers are holding tables, etc.). However, I think clipping is like really important, so i'll add that in the next 2 days. :D

>actually, vertical clipping is pretty easy? subtract ycor from top and bottom and find how much of the pic to draw ;o

how do i find out -3 < 0 in asm? i've never worked with signed numbers :[

ooh, i haz added new powerup called sentient help thingy. watch screeny and you'll know what it does (power up spawns increased by twice).

2nd screeny shows the more "luxurious" game over screen.

thx 4 all the support. i'm gonna to bed and work on this tomorrow <3.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jul 2008 02:28:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Spencer

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 03:15:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I think clipping has a different parameter list

Nope, it doesn't need any new information.
Quote:
how do i find out -3 < 0 in asm? i've never worked with signed numbers :[

First you'd find if the y-position is negative or not. If it is, negate it and advance the sprite pointer that many rows. Shrink the height by the same amount of rows.

Code:
 ld a,y-position
 or a
 jp m,handle_negative

If it's too far down, simply shrink the height a few rows.

Code:
 ld a,y-position
 add a,height
 cp 65
 jp nc,too_big

Take some screenshots with the new wabbitemu! Let's see some humongous animations

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jul 2008 03:16:19 am; edited 1 time in total
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 01:49:38 pm    Post subject:

Erm, how do you take screenies with 1.0 wabbit? :o

and, JW, what does the "m" flag get set for?

i'll cite you in my documentation for clip help. thx.

got bottom clip to work. top does not.
i just cant do this clipping stuff.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jul 2008 02:56:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
WikiGuru
ADOS (Attention deficit... Oh! Shiny!)

Elite

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 02:50:12 pm    Post subject:

Animated screenies:
press backspace, and it will ask you for a file to save to. Choose one, and it will start recording. Press backspace again to stop recording.

I don't think I know how to take still screenies, although I would imagine editing the .gif file to extract a frame would work.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 03:08:30 pm    Post subject:

Okay, i finally got the lame clipping to work. my routines = ineffeicient but hey, it works.

only thing is that my collision detection routine = non signed, so as the ships come down your bullets will do absolutely nothing, but it won't be noticable, cuz your bullets cant reach the ship until they come down :D

pictures interlacing makes it look like badness. I must admit, it even looks better on my calc then this screeny because it doesn't have such a blur\interlacing of different pixels. lol

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jul 2008 03:27:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
bfr

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 03:30:27 pm    Post subject:

That looks really awesome. Cool The graphics and grayscale look really nice, and everything runs really smoothly.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jul 2008 03:34:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 03:36:32 pm    Post subject:

Thanks. The game runs ALOT faster on the real calc. I'm going to have to slow it down on 84's..

Oh, yea, it's exclusive to the 84 series and 83SE, no 83plus or 73 :[

=>fixed a bug that caused the game over screen to lag badly ( i have the routine called "Draw lives" to draw the lvies at the end, but when you die you have no lives to draw.. so it loads 0 into register 'b' and does a backwards djnz, which was the problem.)

P.S plz post if you make a name for this game (you get credit, everyone who helps gets credit). oh and where do i get those cool fonts everyone does for their game menus? k thx.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jul 2008 03:47:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 04:02:19 pm    Post subject:

Why is it not available on the 83+be or 73? Are you useing the extra ram pages or do you need the speed for the GS?
Oh and also you still need to fix the direction the background scrolls.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jul 2008 04:03:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 04:18:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Why is it not available on the 83+be or 73? Are you useing the extra ram pages or do you need the speed for the GS?
Oh and also you still need to fix the direction the background scrolls.

6mhz won't cut it. 15 mhz is a bit fast, but at 6 mhz, it'll be crawling.

I'll flip the scroll later today. Not in the mood atm 'cuz i'm lazy. Wink
Spencer

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 04:19:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I don't think I know how to take still screenies, although I would imagine editing the .gif file to extract a frame would work.

Why drag the screen to the desktop of course!

It does indeed run great on the on TI-83+ SE. And you know what, you may have caught an interlacer bug for the gif capture. Does this look better?

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jul 2008 04:20:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 04:24:11 pm    Post subject:

yea. That screenie makes me feel better already. :]

about the 83p and 73, actually, i might port it over, but some things thta take more resources gotta go.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jul 2008 04:28:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
vanchagreen

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 05:16:44 pm    Post subject:

For a name maybe Conquer the Stars!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 7 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement