This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Robot War => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Robot War

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 07 Dec 2007 06:38:24 pm    Post subject:

coolness! i've been waiting for updates Smile
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 19 Feb 2008 12:26:54 am    Post subject:

I just happend upon your YOUTUBE trailer of this and i have to say I was really impressed . The gameplay looks really fun and it moves very smoothly. Is this still being worked on atm or is it on hold until sonic is done?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Feb 2008 04:16:34 am    Post subject:

Yeah, it's still ongoing. Most of it's slowed down this month due to me filming a Cheap Kills montage for Tribes. Lately (the past year of programming) I've been running low on RAM for the TI-82 version. I was hoping to have a TI-84+ by now to speed things up, but it will be at least another month before I get one. I looks more like I'll have to make two completely different versions for those models instead of just a port like originally planned.

Probably when I get a job offer I go back to working on it a few hours a week like before. Luckily, the remaining 2 levels are planned out more or less and I just need to keep it all under the RAM limit.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 19 Feb 2008 09:08:45 am    Post subject:

cool! glad to here there's still progress.

are you going to go w/ an app for the 83+/84+? you'll probably still require a lot of free ram for speed, but it'll probably be all worth it. Can't wait though.
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 19 Feb 2008 01:39:17 pm    Post subject:

Very glad to hear, cant wait to see it when it's done. Smile
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Feb 2008 05:27:55 am    Post subject:

Well, since there hasn't been much substantial progress for past few weeks, I'll go ahead and post the titlescreen.

This is the titlescreen for non-flash calc version. Namely TI-82 for now. As far as the storyline goes, the mountain range in the background is the vast area between GRAND GROVE and CALDERA. If the setting looks familar, it's very similar to the flight out of the Marble Garden range of Sonic 3.

Loading Games
This is even more direct than in Robot War 1. All you do is move the arrow up or down to G1, G2, or G3...

• Your current location: Oceanside, Grand Grove, Caldera, or others is shown in place of "(empty slot)."
  • Then you've got your elapsed time in HH:MM'SS" format.
  • And finally you can see your character level.
After that you just press 2ND to join the action!

Last edited by Guest on 29 Feb 2008 05:30:39 am; edited 1 time in total
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Feb 2008 02:10:11 pm    Post subject:

hey, cool! good work.
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 29 Feb 2008 06:51:19 pm    Post subject:

Looks nice, I like the scrolling background going on behind the menu.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Feb 2008 08:44:00 pm    Post subject:

nice!

do you see the whole scrolling screen before you press anything to select a file?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Mar 2008 10:55:05 pm    Post subject:

This image is always obscured but there is a side-scrolling minigame that involves the same backdrop. I might also try doing a few more backdrops if a get the hang of multi-page apps.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Mar 2008 05:05:58 pm    Post subject:

Here's a preview of the new scoring system in action.

• From now on, enemies will have a health bar with 1-5 HP pips.
  • Each attack has a 1% - 99% chance of destroying 1 pip.
  • The stronger you are compared to the your enemy, the better your odds are.

This guy looses part of his shield when you score a hit.

Last edited by Guest on 03 Mar 2008 05:06:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 03 Mar 2008 05:51:33 pm    Post subject:

Shock that's amazing.

you probably should have demonstrated the ranged attacks too. are those still in? I remember seeing them in one of the earlier trailers.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Mar 2008 07:44:45 pm    Post subject:

great work Digi!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Mar 2008 07:46:58 pm    Post subject:

Yep. Ranged attacks work the same way, with a few added bonuses:

• They come in clusters of 2, 3, or 4 - depending on your character. So you can win in a fraction of the time.
  • Some like fire and metal linger on-screen a short while to damage enemies that wander by
  • Each type has unique movement (bubbles float, fire arcs, wind revolves around you)

Here's the latest profiles in my programming journal...

WATER
Orbs of water drift upward at a low speed. This flight path makes it effective against flying or jumping enemies, but less useful against ground targets.

FIRE
A fireball is thrown, striking enemies in visual range. Fire's arcing path can strike both air and ground targets, making it a good all-around attack. You can extend your range by jumping as you attack

METAL
Edgar hurls a Shuriken at amazing speed. They take on a perfectly straight and long path that can hit enemies that are well beyond visual range.

WIND
Slashes are thrown in a revolving pattern, providing protection in 4 directions. This move causes Edgar to automatically jump if he is on the ground. Once airborne, Edgar can also fly for a limited distance.

EARTH
A boulder is hurled at the enemy in an arcing path. Unlike other attacks, boulders become a part of the landscape. This can create barriers or slow down most land-based enemies. If you leave the area, the landscape returns to normal.

Last edited by Guest on 03 Mar 2008 07:54:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Mar 2008 10:55:05 pm    Post subject:

That looks wonderful!
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Mar 2008 07:38:13 am    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
Yep.  Ranged attacks work the same way, with a few added bonuses:

• They come in clusters of 2, 3, or 4 - depending on your character.  So you can win in a fraction of the time.

• Some like fire and metal linger on-screen a short while to damage enemies that wander by

• Each type has unique movement (bubbles float, fire arcs, wind revolves around you)

Here's the latest profiles in my programming journal...

WATER
Orbs of water drift upward at a low speed.  This flight path makes it effective against flying or jumping enemies, but less useful against ground targets.

FIRE
A fireball is thrown, striking enemies in visual range.  Fire's arcing path can strike both air and ground targets, making it a good all-around attack.  You can extend your range by jumping as you attack

METAL
Edgar hurls a Shuriken at amazing speed.  They take on a perfectly straight and long path that can hit enemies that are well beyond visual range.

WIND
Slashes are thrown in a revolving pattern, providing protection in 4 directions.  This move causes Edgar to automatically jump if he is on the ground.  Once airborne, Edgar can also fly for a limited distance.

EARTH
A boulder is hurled at the enemy in an arcing path.  Unlike other attacks, boulders become a part of the landscape.  This can create barriers or slow down most land-based enemies.  If you leave the area, the landscape returns to normal.
[post="120996"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

/me drools. This is going to be an awesome game, I can't wait for you to get it done.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Mar 2008 03:18:35 pm    Post subject:

um, yeah

I'm speechless.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Mar 2008 07:02:10 pm    Post subject:

o.o coolness. on top of that, is the color system also in effect, or was that just the original game only?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Mar 2008 08:36:25 pm    Post subject:

Yep, it's still here. At the start of any game, you can choose red, yellow, green, blue, or white. Then once your earn an elemental skill, one of these will replace a normal ranged attack depending on that color.

SHIELD
(replaces WATER)
Edgar creates a revolving shield of water to repel attackers. It's always in effect.

BLAZE (replaces FIRE)
Edgar flies like a bullet toward enemies with a 100% damage chance.

MISSILES (replaces METAL)
[Top secret!]

FLIGHT (replaces WIND)
Edgar can fly at high speed. It is harmless, but good for traveling quickly.

STATUE (replaces EARTH)
[Top secret!]

...If you decide to change your color choice, you can cash in your skill points (the musical notes) to trade in a new replacement. You can even choose to have no replacement at all. It's very expensive though! :biggrin:

One major change is that favorite color choice no longer affects your stat growth. Those are completely decided by your diet.

Last edited by Guest on 04 Mar 2008 08:36:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 04 Mar 2008 08:53:00 pm    Post subject:

I have a couple of questions and comments; If you have a skill are you unable to use any ranged attack? What determines what range attack you have normally anyways? Also, I think having stat growth influenced by skill choice is an interesting idea. It allows you to influence character growth based on playing style(assuming that is that the chosen skill directly influced a similar stat. IE- shield would influence defence and possibly weaken attack power, blaze would increase accuracy but weaken power, flight would increas speed or evasion and weaken hp ect... just possible speculation/thoughts)
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 21 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement