This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
JacobdeHaan

Posted: 03 Nov 2003 08:12:30 pm    Post subject:

This is the calculator help area, but Aloha posted here with computer problems, so I guest it will work if I do to.

I've just got a tiny little annoyance with IE. My browser's maximum size is off the screen a bit. This doesn't happen in other programs, anyone got a guess as to how this happened?

Yes, it is really pointless, but it's kinda annoying, so if anyone's got an idea, please help.

Last edited by Guest on 08 Nov 2003 08:02:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 03 Nov 2003 11:30:46 pm    Post subject:

I don't know, that is odd.

Just reformat and reinstall. That should fix it all :)

No, actually, just mess with it. Eventually, you will figure it out.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 03 Nov 2003 11:57:59 pm    Post subject:

SHould be an easy fix...unlock the taskbar, resize it to two spaces (double its normal size) while IE is maximized, close IE, then resize it back to its normal size. That should solve your problem. Locking the taskbar again is your choice.

--AlienCC
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Nov 2003 09:03:51 am    Post subject:

i use 98, and have my taskbar on popup mode (autohide, or whatever its called). applicatons take up the whole screen and when ever i put my mouse at the bottom of the screen it juust pops up.

edit: this forum is for all general help, not just calc help, hence the name

Last edited by Guest on 04 Nov 2003 09:04:30 am; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Nov 2003 04:11:22 pm    Post subject:

You are correct, this forum is intended for general topics such as Internet Exterminater...

Yes, autohide is nice and XP has that option too. What is even more fun is to move the startbar down to nothing and lock it. It will confuse the hell out of other users.

I would use autohide, but at the resolution I run, my startbar takes a very small percentage of my screen space, so I don't bother.

Jbirk.
JacobdeHaan

Posted: 08 Nov 2003 04:00:07 am    Post subject:

Cool, after closing IE, and messing with the taskbar, things seem to be back to normal.

General Help and Support
Get or give calculator support.

-By the way, that is what this forum is called, so that is why I was hesitant about posting here.

I don't have my taskbar autohide because I use the Quick Launch bar.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 Nov 2003 05:04:31 am    Post subject:

Glad my tip was helpful! Very Happy
Some may consider me a Linux/Unix Zealot these days...but I know a few tricks yet in Windows.

--AlienCC
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement