This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Robot War => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Robot War

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
pugboy

Posted: 29 Jun 2007 10:33:24 pm    Post subject:

Looks cool! Know when the full release is going to be? Razz
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Jul 2007 01:23:02 am    Post subject:

I'm shooting for late 2007. The original still took a year of development after the final tileset was designed though, so it's tough to tell.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Aug 2007 10:00:41 pm    Post subject:

Well, a few summer updates here. Overall, the game is a couple kilobytes over-budget which means progress will slow down for optimization reasons. After a long quite period, progress resumed on the Caldera level. Most of these maps are finished. The shop function is nearly complete (it just needs the "not enough gold" function added).

So far, Caldera is the smallest area so it tests your ability to control the character with precision while the pressure's on.

Some graphics and enemies for Area #4 are already completed. You should see the next trailer sometime in September. Cool Stay tuned to the Videos & Trailers thread for the usual screenshots.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Aug 2007 10:06:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 16 Aug 2007 10:02:38 pm    Post subject:

Will this be avilible for calcs other than the 82? bucause if not then i'll have to find a way to get an emu set up because this looks cool.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Aug 2007 10:05:21 pm    Post subject:

Yep. Currently it's in TI-82 format and I've been working with Spencer and Jim e to have a 83+/84+ family version done via WabbitEmu. The 84+ version will have the same gameplay, but smoother motion and a complete storyline.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 17 Aug 2007 03:46:12 pm    Post subject:

...but I guess there will be some content for the 82 version that won't be included in the 83+ family version. Wink

So I guess the next area is based on the "Earth", not "Metal", as the previous areas were made in a clockwise order (according to the little wheel you posted) starting with Water. Hmmm, what would Earth be? You start at the coast, walk through a forest, clime through a volcano, and now go underground...?
Sting::Ray

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 17 Aug 2007 05:07:59 pm    Post subject:

Will the release date of the 83+/84+ version be the same as the 82 version? Just wondering; I have an 82, so I don't care. Wink
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Aug 2007 09:47:30 pm    Post subject:

Yep, I'm planning to have both versions released in one package. Also, AlienCC is helping create a widescreen version to work with 85 and possibly 86 on a later date.

Hopefully the RAM budget on the 82 version will go up enough to allow for a few 82-exclusive features. Area #4 will still be metal/earth themed, while Area 5 will most likely be earth/wind mix. Everything beyond Grand Grove is non-linear, but that's the suggested order. Cool
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Aug 2007 12:23:54 pm    Post subject:

Sweet, cant wait till you release the 84 version! Then i can actually play this game..Very Happy
Sting::Ray

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 18 Aug 2007 01:16:47 pm    Post subject:

Just as a suggestion for newcomers, you could put this in your signature instead:

Robot Wars: [Multiplatform]

That way, it's just like Sonic.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 26 Aug 2007 08:14:09 pm    Post subject:

Speaking of a suggestion, I don't think the green "New!" is needed before the project description, unless by "New" you mean "About a year old". Wink
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 Aug 2007 08:28:36 am    Post subject:

He can't stick multiplatform for Robot War, b/c the original is still only available for the 82. Now if he added Robot War II [multiplatform] that would be acceptable.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 28 Aug 2007 08:12:37 am    Post subject:

Originally, he was planning several ports of the original Robot War see here, but that idea never really took off (or maybe it exploded in the hangar).
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 28 Aug 2007 11:10:04 am    Post subject:

I know that he was planning multiple ports, but they haven't been done yet so it is still technically 82 only. I think he might port the original when he ports robot war II. At least I hope so. Nudge Nudge.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Sep 2007 12:22:10 am    Post subject:

Okay, I've got some idle times ahead of me. At least for the next few days, so the project is getting some more momentum.

Basically, Caldera --the third level in the design schedule-- was completed earlier this month. As usual, it will get it's own youtube trailer and background story. The levels are complete and it will just take a few programming sessions to add improved maps, and add civilians to the towns. The tentative trailer date is October 17th.

The Cast of Caldera

First, I have to give necro credit for the skull art, which was donated long ago for this level. This boss --the Marauder-- is effectively the first of the *difficult* bosses and even witnessing it may take a few tries. Even the smaller Calcimite enemy requires expert timing.

The marker has a more 3D look now. The stone switches can now be hurled long distances with your slash attack--but only once. Or, you can levitate it with more precision like always.

Some notes about the items: food is split into the four basic groups you learned about in 1st grade gym class. Your diet will directly affect how your energy, attack, defense, and speed increase over time. Herbs and Meds provide supplementary effects. Rare Gemstones can be sold to civilians on the street. If you sell the correct stone in the proper area, you're rewarded with huge amounts of cash (ex: sell blue stones in Oceanside, red stones in Caldera, etc). Crates are the wildcard. They can contain any item or combination of items--but you have to battle for them!

Last edited by Guest on 22 Sep 2007 12:24:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 22 Sep 2007 09:14:21 am    Post subject:

Shock the Dark Legion's Marauder is sick!!
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 22 Sep 2007 11:36:40 am    Post subject:

When this game is finished (note, I said "when", not "if"), it's probably going to rival 68k games, even without greyscale! Heck, if it is released this year (and the first trailer said "Coming Fall 2007", so I'm kind of confident), it'll be a sure PotY (unless Spencer decides to release Zelda this year and/or Jim e decides to release RealSound2 this year, then there will be a fierce competition and probably a couple of tiebreakers required)!
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Sep 2007 08:28:23 pm    Post subject:

gorgeous work, can't wait to see it in action

Liazon wrote:
[post="113032"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:) I remember when he put out the sprite request for those...don't remember who's design he actually used though.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 23 Sep 2007 10:41:10 pm    Post subject:

elfprince13 wrote:
gorgeous work, can't wait to see it in action

Liazon wrote:
[post="113032"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:) I remember when he put out the sprite request for those...don't remember who's design he actually used though.
[post="113098"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

DigiTan wrote:
First, I have to give necro credit for the skull art, which was donated long ago for this level.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Dec 2007 03:41:43 pm    Post subject:

It's time to announce that the progress on RW2 will resume December 17th. The new trailer for Caldera itself will be uploaded as soon as the stage boss programming is complete, and random civilians are added to the town areas.

Since that will be the first new video in a long while, I'm making it a double-length video with 2 minutes of Caldera footage. There's also a few preview stills of the 4th area that will added in as a bonus.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 21 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement