Small suggestion, but could you take off the 2 character cap on labels?
solarsoftware wrote:
Not sure if this would be considered a *bump* on my last post, but I do have some more feature requests. With CALCnet, would it be possible to install apps and programs from within Doors CSE? I had to make a program to receive apps. With this being fulfilled, within Doors itself you could create a "Download Management" button (probably remap button 15 to do this, remap button 13 to create the menu, and an icon for installing apps.
This is all stuff you could do yourself from a program, I believe. It's not worth implementing in Doors CS[E] themselves.
Quote:
Also, could horizontal scrolling be implemented?
I'm afraid I don't see the point of both horizontal and vertical scrolling. That sounds confusing.
Quote:
Finally, can the scrollbar be lot smaller? It takes up about 1/15 of the screen.
No.
Quote:
Oh, and following up on the Notification API, I finally finished it. I'll upload the programs (when I can figure out how to) and instructions on how to make custom notification icons for Doors programs.
EDIT: added my programs to the archive queue. Will post a link if/when accepted.
Cool, I look forward to taking a look at it.

ByteStorm wrote:
Small suggestion, but could you take off the 2 character cap on labels?
Not easily. I don't think it's worth it, personally. Sorry!
Bug: I used the input command with a variable, and my code was Input("",A. The input displayed a square, my calculator whitescreened, and then it reset. Fix?
Suggestions:
-bumping up brightness
Question:
When will 8.2 be released? (beta if available)
Off-Topic:
Will we be seeing mobileTunes 3 for CSE/CE anytime soon?
While I cant say anything about your bug, I can answer the off-topic suggestion. Partially.

I have no Idea if MobileTunes3 will be launched on the CSE model, but the CE Model has no I/O port. This means that you have to figure out how to get audio from the USB port, which may be beyond what most people would be willing to do, just for listening to music from their calc. Therefore, I sincerely doubt that Kerm would release MobileTunes3 for the CE model.
Luxen wrote:
While I cant say anything about your bug, I can answer the off-topic suggestion. Partially.

I have no Idea if MobileTunes3 will be launched on the CSE model, but the CE Model has no I/O port. This means that you have to figure out how to get audio from the USB port, which may be beyond what most people would be willing to do, just for listening to music from their calc. Therefore, I sincerely doubt that Kerm would release MobileTunes3 for the CE model.

I would like to see MobileTunes3 ported to the CSE. Also, I own some headphones that have a USB port. If you don't, you could always get an adapter. It's not like most headphones work in the CSE anyway...
solarsoftware wrote:
Bug: I used the input command with a variable, and my code was Input("",A. The input displayed a square, my calculator whitescreened, and then it reset. Fix?
I couldn't replicate this with Doors CSE 8.1.2.

Quote:
When will 8.2 be released? (beta if available)
Possibly never. It might also be "eventually" (ie, when the TI-84 Plus CE version of Doors CSE is done) with features back-ported from that version.
Quote:
Off-Topic:
Given that the new calculator lacks an I/O port, it is unlikely.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Okay, I know that this would be somewhat difficult to implement, and that it is really not too crucial, but would it be possible to have DCSE support assembly programs over the limit? For instance, this program fails on the CSE when the program is archived:

Code:
.nolist   
#include "ti84pcse.inc"
.binarymode TI8X
.list
   .org Usermem-2
   .db tExtTok,tAsm84CCmp

jp exit
   .fill 11000,0
exit:
   ret

It's not too big of a deal, so if implementing it requires too much effort, don't bother. Thanks! Smile
Doors CSE supports assembly programs over the $C000 limit, as long as you have enough free RAM for the RAM copy of the program. If you make sure that once the program is copied to (UserRAM), no code is past $C000, Doors CSE can run any program up to the size of your free RAM. However, I unfortunately can't think of a good way to run archived ASM programs larger than the free RAM.

Edit: I should further clarify that I don't want to include any Flash unlock exploits in Doors CSE, so I can't make $C000-$FFFF executable.
Yes, that does make sense. Smile Just will have to find a way to relocate portions of code to different ram areas and execute from there instead. Smile Thanks for your response; I deleted it once I realized that it wouldn't have worked in the first place.
Ah, sorry that I snuck it back into the thread, in that case. If you have more code than can fit below $C000, you unfortunately will indeed have to copy it elsewhere (like $8000/ramCode) to execute it.
In the past it was mentioned that there is a bug in DoorsCSE where the alpha hotkeys do not work after running DoorsCSE.
In the animated screenshot below, I load DoorsCSE and a program into archive.
I then open DoorsCSE and run the program.
I enter a value in by pressing [2nd].
After I input the value and press [Enter], I quit the program by pressing [Clear].
I then press [Enter] as DoorsCSE prompts in the status bar.
I quit DoorsCSE by pressing [Clear].
Finally, I try the alpha hotkeys. None of the hotkeys work.
To fix this, I run DoorsCSE via the [On][Prgm] keyhook and quit with [Clear].

Electromagnet8 wrote:
In the past it was mentioned that there is a bug in DoorsCSE where the alpha hotkeys do not work after running DoorsCSE.
Thank you for your help tracking this down! If I follow your steps exactly, I can replicate the bug.

Quote:
If I replace the Input with a Disp, the problem does not occur.
Quote:
If I ClrHome at the end of the program, so Doors CSE does not pause, the problem still occurs.
Quote:
If I run Doors CSE via the Apps menu instead of the keyhook, it also fixes the problem.
No! We must have an 8.2 release! CALCnet is begging to be here. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
Electromagnet8 wrote:
Thank you for your help tracking this down! If I follow your steps exactly, I can replicate the bug.

Quote:
If I replace the Input with a Disp, the problem does not occur.
Quote:
If I ClrHome at the end of the program, so Doors CSE does not pause, the problem still occurs.
Quote:
If I run Doors CSE via the Apps menu instead of the keyhook, it also fixes the problem.

My experience with this has only ever been that running a program through Doors CSE disables the hotkeys, and that then to go back inDoors (whether via Apps or ON-PRGM) and then immediately outDoors (via CLEAR) removes it. I assumed that must be well known. Are there any other ways round it?
That seems to be the main way around it. I'm disappointed to hear that this is a widespread problems with programs that use Input/Prompt, though, and I'm trying to track down which flag or hook interactions are responsible for the problem.
Two feature requests:

1) Ability to run a program whose name is in a string.
2) Ability to "register" custom headers with a program, so that a program with that header will be run with the program that is registered. The registering program would have a function to get the name of the program that ran it in a string. This would facilitate custom level sets and such. (I probably would say no to this request unless multiple people wanted it. I know I'm kind of unique in some of my wants Wink)
merthsoft wrote:
Two feature requests:

bump

Also, could we have the ability to disable ERR:BREAK while running BASIC programs in a setting or something? They're running in a frame, so it would be possible.
merthsoft wrote:
Two feature requests:

Is it too complicated to use the Celtic 2 CSE functions to put "prgmNAME" in a program and call that instead? I certainly will be the first to admit that that's not very elegant.
Quote:
2) Ability to "register" custom headers with a program, so that a program with that header will be run with the program that is registered. The registering program would have a function to get the name of the program that ran it in a string. This would facilitate custom level sets and such. (I probably would say no to this request unless multiple people wanted it. I know I'm kind of unique in some of my wants Wink)
Doors CS 7 tried to provide this for ASM programmers, and I think Document DE (and maybe mobileTunes 3) are the only programs people actually use that exploit this feature. I doubt this will find its way into Doors CSE for ASM or BASIC programmers.

solarsoftware wrote:
Also, could we have the ability to disable ERR:BREAK while running BASIC programs in a setting or something? They're running in a frame, so it would be possible.
I don't know what you mean by "frame", but they're not running in any such thing. Yes, I could make programs able to catch [ON], but I won't, because it's too easy for newbie TI-BASIC programmers to lock up users' calculators that way.
By frame I meant that BASIC programs are running background tasks and looking for certain key presses and code snippets to be executed via ASM, such as real(7,9,x,x,x,x,x). Could it be an option in the DCSE settings or implemented in Hybrid BASIC functions in the future?
Quote:
Quote:
Off-Topic:

NOOOOOOO! Will it not be released for either calc or just not for the CE? Because I really want this mobiletunes program. Razz If you are not planning to work on it anymore, could I please have what you have done? Thanks so much! Smile
Botboy3000 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Off-Topic:

NOOOOOOO! Will it not be released for either calc or just not for the CE? Because I really want this mobiletunes program. Razz If you are not planning to work on it anymore, could I please have what you have done? Thanks so much! Smile

Actually, that reminds me: Kerm, if you wouldn't mind, if you were to send me the source thus far, I would be happy to touch up on things and add a whole slew of GUI things and more features, if desired. Thanks! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 14
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours