Hey everyone. I just started working on learning some Lua (as well as python) and had a few questions on the lua aspect. For a first program I was making a prime number finder sort of deal and realized I couldn't find that without in some way detecting decimals. Is there some equivilant fpart( or ipart( from ti basic in lua? Thanks!
The math.modf function returns both(separately).

http://lua-users.org/wiki/MathLibraryTutorial

Good luck learning! Smile
Okay, so say I want the decimal stored to var B and the integer into var A how would I do that since it returns two values? Oh wait.. Is it the same way that C returns values?
C does not support returning multiple values from a single function so no, it is not the same as C. If you want the integral part in a and the fractional part in b you can do so like this:

Code:
a, b = math.modf(math.pi)

In this case a is 3 and b is 0.14159 (etc)
Yeah lol. I found that out earlier today. But thanks for clarifying!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours