I bought the book " Programming the Ti-83 Plus/Ti - 84 Plus. I own the Ti-83 plus and the Ti -84 Plus at least I think its the Ti - 84 Plus. I gave it to my son for his work in High school and now college. In the back of the book it list the Casio Prizm which according the the book it uses Casio Basic, C and C++. When I checked on Casio website it didn't seem have any of that info. It showed a new model ClassPad fx-CP400 seems impressive. My question is how the Author of the book new about the languages the Casio Prizm supports.
Hey bradms welcome to Cemetech! The author of that book is actually headmaster of these forums, Kerm Martian. As for the Casio Prizm it does support C and C++ but not on calc as of now. It requires programming it on the computer and compiling it using the PrizmSDK which makes it into an addin, which in turn can be run on the Prizm. If you are interested feel free to check out the Prizm related posts.
The casio PRIZM is also has a Lua flavor called LuaZM (made by KermMartian, author of the book you mentioned), and although it is in beta, it still works pretty well for most projects.
It may also support a subset of FORTH 79 if my project goes ok.
AHelper wrote:
It may also support a subset of FORTH 79 if my project goes ok.

Really? Can't wait for that Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours