My ti 89 broke a few days ago so I need a replacement. So I have two options, the nspire cx with CAS. This calculater is really sweet and useful but I won't be able to use it on tests. A second option I thought would be kinda cool is zoom math 500 on my old graphing calculator. I don't really know how well it functions or much about it but I do know I will be able to use it for tests.
First of all, we really wish you'd stick around and ask more questions!

My question to you is how can you use your old TI-89 for Zoom Math 500 if it broke? So, go for the nSpire CX! Or wait for a calculator you can use on tests, how badly do you need one?
The TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition would be a great option. In addition, I wrote up a bit of a guide to the different available calculators, though it's missing the new calculator:
http://www.cemetech.net/news.php?id=523
It's a old ti 84 or 83 as far as my classes go I can't use the nspire for ap chem because my teacher has one so he knows how easy it can make class but for pre cal I'm pretty sure I can use the nspire. Also if I get the the nspire I can use it in college. The thing about zoom math is it is almost a free A on my test with a few other apps.
for those not familiar with it, by the way, ZoomMath is a $50 app for the TI-84+ calculators. I know some here have mixed feelings about it.
One has to wonder about the justification of an expensive "App" like ZoomMath compared to the philanthropic talents available here at CemeTech..?
Umm, how about a PRIZM? Or a 9860 with a 3rd party CAS?
Sounds like a plan. Infinitely more useful than another port of a game. If only I had the ASM experience...
KermMartian wrote:
for those not familiar with it, by the way, ZoomMath is a $50 app for the TI-84+ calculators. I know some here have mixed feelings about it.

It's even worse. ZoomMath costs a whopping $99,95 (source)
I recommend buying a CX. You cannot get it without a CAS?
There is a CX without a CAS.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours