I made a simple 3d plotting library today.

Usage instructions and demo are included in archive.

Please post feedback on bugs and what functions should be added.

Download
Could you add some details in the topic? Upload the file to Cemetech too, perhaps?
comicIDIOT wrote:
Could you add some details in the topic? Upload the file to Cemetech too, perhaps?
And some screenshots, too, even if you have to take photos. Smile
comicIDIOT wrote:

I guess I could add the readme to the first post...

I dont really want to upload it to cemetech's archives at this point because it is still in-dev and its easier for me to update it on my own server. Wink

KermMartian wrote:
And some screenshots, too, even if you have to take photos. Smile

hmm, i dont know if i can. I don't have a camera of my own...

If someone else wants to take screenshots for me I would be obliged. Smile
flyingfisch wrote:
I dont really want to upload it to cemetech's archives at this point because it is still in-dev and its easier for me to update it on my own server. Wink

I see. From your post it sounded like you had completed the project. Key words such as "I made" and "today" rather than "I started making" and "today" in the same sentence are the difference between complete and in-development to readers.
Not to mention that we have that rather handy Beta Program Releases folder. Smile You're more than welcome to put projects there while you're working on them and occasionally add updates.
This topic has been moved to the "Your Projects" sub forum.
comicIDIOT wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:

I see. From your post it sounded like you had completed the project. Key words such as "I made" and "today" rather than "I started making" and "today" in the same sentence are the difference between complete and in-development to readers.

Oh, I was in a hurry. sorry . :-\

Anyway, this is the readme:

Code:

FFISCH'S 3D LIB V.0.1b
by TakeFlight Prod. (flyingfisch), 2012

Licensed under the CC share-alike license

==Contents==
[1] For Developers
   1.1 Usage
   1.2 The Functions
[2] Using the demo

==For Developers==
===Usage===
To use this library simply copy and paste the code in ./src/src-full.lua into your program.

===The Functions===
ff3d.return3dPoint(point, angle, move, cam, scale, piv, pmode)
Returns a 2d array {x,y} for a 3d array {x,y,z}.

point - the 3d point data. Should be in this form:
   point = {x=<x_pos>,y=<y_pos>,z=<z_pos>}
angle - object rotation around point piv. Should be in this form:
   angle = {x=<x angle>,y=<y angle>,z=<z angle>}
move - move object relative to screen. this moves it as if it were on a piece of paper. Should be in this form:
   move = {x=<move in x direction (relative to screen)>,y=<move in y direction (relative to screen)>}
cam - camera placement. should be in this form:
   cam = {x=<x_pos>,y=<y_pos>,z=<z_pos>}
scale - scale factor (zoom). the larger the number, the further away the object appears.
piv - pivot point. should be in form:
   piv = {x=<x_pos>,y=<y_pos>,z=<z_pos>}
pmode - perspective mode. if 1, then perspective mode is enabled, if not, then isometric mode is used.

ff3d.drawWireframe(pointData,lineData,colorData)
draws lines according to lineData.

pointData - data for points. should be in this form:
   pointData={{x1,y1},{x2,y2},{x3,y3}...}
lineData - data for what points should be connected. the numbers correspond with the cells in pointData. for instance, this would connect points 1 and 2, and points 2 and 3.
   lineData={{1,2},{2,3}}
colorData - colors of lines. if empty, black is used. must have the same amount of cells as lineData. the following code would make lines 1 and 2 black:
   colorData={makeColor("black"),makeColor("black")}

==Using the demo==
Run in LuaZM.

Keys:

cursor keys: pan
f1, f2: zoom in/out
f3, f4: change z rotation
f5, f6: change x rotation
numpad 4,6,8,2: move camera
optn: toggle perspective mode
exit: exit program.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours