I found 2 odd things after using BCall 4C3C (ExecNewPRGM). i forgot to zero-terminate the string, and used it as an unprotected ASM---so found 2 tokens that do nothing.

in Mimas:
[code]
org usermem-2
db $BB,$6D
Start:
LD A,$05
LD HL,Prgm
BCall $4C3C ;because it wasnt listed in the menu
RET
Prgm:
DB "PRGM"
DW "21" ;mightve gotten this wrong...
BCall ClrLCDFull
RET

PrintScreen.
i run into this token often, pretty much whenever i unprotect an ASM prgm. which you shouldn't do anyway.

>=Niy(2nd cursor)[(some odd charecter)nuw∫√ @(mini 0)ERROR▪_____▪RAM FREE▪ARC
this token was much newer.

why doesnt the Tokenread thing just say Error:Unreadable" instead of making all this junk up?
Can you take a screenshot of the tokens, instead of typing it out like that, I'd be interested in seeing everything (like, what's "some odd charecter [sic]").
LuxenD wrote:
why doesnt the Tokenread thing just say Error:Unreadable" instead of making all this junk up?
It's not making junk up; those are the correct token equivalents of the hex for that ASM.
that charecter looks like a line with a 4X3 bubble in it.
in the 28 day tutorial, it is charecter C9.

i will upload some pictures when my camera is done charging.
Can't you run it in an emulator and screenshot it?
is this how you can get extra string charecters in Basic?

ehh, school laptops cant run jsTIfied. actually, they cant run anything but Iexplore 7, a Virtual desktop, and windows explorer.
LuxenD wrote:
that charecter looks like a line with a 4X3 bubble in it.
in the 28 day tutorial, it is charecter C9.
That is called "phi"; it is a Greek letter. I think that both Greeks and mathematicians (and physicists, and engineers like myself...) would take offense at you calling it "gibberish". Smile Your school should get Firefox on their computers.
i dont think the RAM (if there is any) could take it. or if it would work with the current OS.
Can your school computers run portable apps? If so, get protable fx. Wink
here, this is everything i find when i open Computer information:

Microsoft Windows
Windows Embedded Standard
Service pack 3
Registered to Wyse Technology
(Some numbers and letters)
Computer:
VIA C7-M
processor:1200 mhz
1.20 ghz, 280 mb ram.

80 Megabytes of ram.
im suprised it can do anything at all.

Back to topic...

I have gotten the Image.

When i run the program at all, with the big token first, i get an Error:Version...
You're missing the $BB,$6D, which would show up as the "AsmPrgm" token.
ah. so thats what i did wrong. even so, why does this give a Version error, instead of syntax or whatever?
LuxenD wrote:
ah. so thats what i did wrong. even so, why does this give a Version error, instead of syntax or whatever?
I'm not sure about that. Actually, the tokens you showed don't seem to match the ASM code you have at the top of the thread, namely the constant strings.
serious? well, i did delete a bunch of "?" and other things. but that was only so you would see the one token i was talking about.
LuxenD wrote:
serious? well, i did delete a bunch of "?" and other things. but that was only so you would see the one token i was talking about.
...you deleted a bunch of tokens from the program and you're wondering why it's not working...? Or do I misunderstand you? I mean that I see "ERROR / RAM FREE / ARC" in this program, but the constant string "PRGM" in the source from the first post.
i think we misunderstood eachother. using the code in mimas that i first posted...
LuxenD wrote:

in Mimas:

Code:

org usermem-2
db $BB,$6D
Start:
LD A,$05
LD HL,Prgm
BCall $4C3C ;because it wasnt listed in the menu
RET
Prgm:
DB "PRGM"
DW "21" ;mightve gotten this wrong...
BCall ClrLCDFull
RET

...i got a program that gave an error when run. i open it up, and i find 2 tokens that i dont usually see. the picture just shows one of the tokens ive never seen before, when i opened the program in the Ti-Basic editor.
Gotcha, now I understand; for everyone else's reference, $4C3C is ExecuteNewPrgm. Your original program has two problems:

1) The program name must be zero terminated: DB "PRGM",0
2) Where did you get a size of 21? It should be 4 bytes, 3 for the bcall and one for the ret
LuxenD wrote:
I have gotten the Image.

It's interesting that the second-cursor is a token that shows up in the editor. If it's used like Disp "<2nd curosr> will the program actually display that, or does it cause errors?
I don't think that's an actual, consistent token. IIRC nonexistent "tokens" that start with $EF can show up as garbled junk.

Also I noticed in your code you have .DW "21" which probably isn't what you want to do. .DW 21 inserts a two-byte number 21 in the program data; .DW "21" adds the characters "2" and "1" padded to two bytes each.
All of the tokens on the screen are actual tokens/characters. I use the cursor characters in some of my TI-85 and TI-86 programs. The 2nd cursor character is just another character in the TI-OS font.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours