Sweet! Very Happy Any known tricks I shouldn't be pulling with the Beta, or is it pretty stable?

Edit: Got the Beta 2, but it's still not working correctly...did you mean anything later than Beta 2, such as Beta 3? I can't find anything newer.
Give this one a try; it's pretty close to the current dev version on my computer. It's extremely stable.
:/ No good...even with the newest version, parser hooks for BatLib are rendered inactive as soon as I start Doors and parser hooks for Doors are rendered inactive as soon as I start BatLib. Have you thought about including BatLib into Doors? It would take up another page or so of memory but I love it, for more than one reason.
Roguebantha wrote:
:/ No good...even with the newest version, parser hooks for BatLib are rendered inactive as soon as I start Doors and parser hooks for Doors are rendered inactive as soon as I start BatLib. Have you thought about including BatLib into Doors? It would take up another page or so of memory but I love it, for more than one reason.

But there's already a lot of people complaining about it being 3 pages. Flowing over into 4 pages wouldn't exactly make them any quieter. While 4 pages would be beneficial in more ways than one, since there's about less than 300b's left to squeeze in features and bug fix in the entirety of DCS7, but that's 3 pages of solid app, not 4 pages that are three-quarters-used.

edit: Adjusted the free space to reflect KermMs post below.
Comic's points exactly, except that it's *300 bytes*, not 300KB. The app is 48KB in total, and very little of it is left for any fixes. I'm working with geekboy to try to cram in a CALCnet interface for BASIC programmers, and I very well may go to a fourth page for color features with TI-84+CSE, but other than that, too many people already complain about the three pages for me to expand it.
I personally think it would be worth it with BatLib. Or at the very least make sure the two are compatible. My calc is chock-full of BatLib, Doors, Grammer, Celtic III, XLib, Omnicalc, Chess...I don't think another page on Doors would hurt, I still have 728019 bytes free.
But those with TI-83's and not TI-84(+SE)'s don't have as much room. They have about 50KB's or less if memory serves.
Aaaah true, very true :/
I'm not exactly sure what DCS is, but why not have several different flavors, like a lite version that is smaller, a normal size version, and a full featured version?
DCS is DoorsCS, a, correct me if I'm wrong, an assembly shell to add extra features to what a calculator, in this case TI-83/84 can do. As for having different flavors, that's not a bad idea. Smile
I wonder if it could be like slax linux where you can choose what modules you want and then download and install it. Don't know if that is possible, but it would be cool.
Well with the limited functionality of a calculator, it's not going to be possible from there but it's possible that you might be able to set up a script that can pick and choose different parts of DCS to include in a single .8xk file.
Or have plugins? I think that should be possible.
Maybe...but that would require more apps and that would take up more pages...
It wouldn't necessary take apps. You can make an app call routines from a normal program.
aeTIos wrote:
Or have plugins? I think that should be possible.

DCS has supported Shell Expansions since at least DCS6, maybe 5. Shell Expansions, SE's for short, are essentially plugins.
How does it write those into the app? Are they programs? Other apps?
I'm not sure, but they don't get written into the app but they are, essentially, plug ins written in ASM. If you care to read up on the Wiki I'm positive you'll learn everything you need to know.
Hmm I see....interesting...
Roguebantha wrote:
How does it write those into the app? Are they programs? Other apps?
They don't get written into the App. They are special types of programs that Doors CS looks for. Jerry 0.1 by BrandonW is a good example of an SE; there's also a guide to writing Shell Expansions on the Doors CS wiki.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours