flyingfisch wrote:
Just an idea.... what about a tape measure/caliper for measuring small things?
Oooh, I like that idea a lot. That's one of the good things about standardized hardware: you only have one screen type to deal with for ideas like this.
KermMartian wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:
Just an idea.... what about a tape measure/caliper for measuring small things?
Oooh, I like that idea a lot. That's one of the good things about standardized hardware: you only have one screen type to deal with for ideas like this.
Even better would be one that can talk to a Caliper with a data output over the RS232 I/O port. Basically a bigger display for digital Calipers, but with the possibility to store the value for calculations.
Would it be posiible to have an option to prompt for run-mat mode on unlock?
flyingfisch wrote:

So that it asks if the user wants to launch Run-Mat or not? I'll do it.
gbl08ma wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:

So that it asks if the user wants to launch Run-Mat or not? I'll do it.

Exactly. Smile
Beta 6 is out, with many new things! Big changelog:
- Timers now have millisecond precision (well not really, it's just as accurate as the 128 Hz RTC tick allows).
Because of this, timers have gone incompatible yet again (sorry!). You need to delete the files Timer1 to Timer6 on the @UTILS folder in Main Memory.
- Finally, stopwatches! Six stopwatches you can start and pause, which are accurate as the 128 Hz tick allows.
- There is now an option to ask if Run-Mat should be run on unlock. Cycle through the "Run-Mat on unlock" option to enable it.
- More stability adding, editing and deleting tasks and events, and switching the check on tasks.
- New "Tools" menu, meaning that lock is F5 now (or EXE too for people who enabled the respective option). Read on to see what this menu includes...
- Ruler - the beginning of a caliper. In centimeters. For now it's just to check if everyone agrees that the screen is 55 pixels per centimeter.
- Memory capacity viewer: progressbars and byte-accurate information about how much memory is used in the Storage and Main memories.
- Add-In Manager: hide and unhide add-ins from the Main Menu without having to delete them. This way, you can take out some add-ins of the menu to make it faster, when you don't need them. Deleting the add-ins would mean you needed a PC or another calc to put them back on, but thanks to the amazing RenameEntry Technology (tm), these days are over! Refer to the Help function of the Add-In manager for more information.
- Possibly some minor bugs fixed (and eventually some introduced).

Please report any bugs and give suggestions. I feel 1.0 is approaching, even though I have some ideas that I may implement on releases after that.

Download at: http://tny.im/hP
Good to see updates and stopwathches!

Bug report:
My calculator returns system error sometimes when i try to create a task:

exemple of the error returned:
Quote:
System ERROR
REBOOT : EXIT
INITIALIZE : EXE
TLB ERROR
TARGET=00302450
PC=80021020

also in add-in manager, when it i make it show a add-in again it return a system error.

My calc: Fx-Cg20, os 1.03
helder7 wrote:
Good to see updates and stopwathches!

Bug report:
My calculator returns system error sometimes when i try to create a task:

exemple of the error returned:
Quote:
System ERROR
REBOOT : EXIT
INITIALIZE : EXE
TLB ERROR
TARGET=00302450
PC=80021020

also in add-in manager, when it i make it show a add-in again it return a system error.

My calc: Fx-Cg20, os 1.03

Yes, there seems to be some instability when adding events... I believe fixing editing and deleting broke adding. I'll have to review the code.
Beta 7 is out now, with news:
- Added security mechanism to make sure there are no more than 100 calendar events on the same day or no more than 100 tasks.
- Little bugs fixed (can't remember which or how many).
- Added tool for changing the color of the function keys, under the tools menu (no need to access the Test Mode for that anymore).
- Now more screens have backgrounds... because people should remember how lucky they are for having a color-screen calculator Smile

Download at: http://tny.im/hP

Let's also hope that the little differences in the binary caused by the multiple code changes have fixed the bug helder7 is experiencing when adding tasks.
EDIT: looks like the bug was caused by the filesystem not being optimized. When on the calc they say that if the FS is severely broken, it is optimized automatically, looks like the Bfile functions do it automatically... but probably not.
Can you give an option to use a custom image as the background in the main clock screen?
flyingfisch wrote:
Can you give an option to use a custom image as the background in the main clock screen?

First you're going to tell me how to quickly decode an image to screen, right? My in-development JPEG viewer takes at least one second to decode a JPEG the size of the screen, and having to decode one every time the main screen is accessed would make the add-in pretty slow to use.
gbl08ma wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:

First you're going to tell me how to quickly decode an image to screen, right? My in-development JPEG viewer takes at least one second to decode a JPEG the size of the screen, and having to decode one every time the main screen is accessed would make the add-in pretty slow to use.

Oh, ok, I see. Maybe you could make it use an image converted with sourcecoder and saved as a .dat file.
flyingfisch wrote:
gbl08ma wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:

Oh, ok, I see. Maybe you could make it use an image converted with sourcecoder and saved as a .dat file.

That would involve on-the-fly compilation of the file so it is converted to binary data... either way, reading an image (even if uncompressed and in an ideal format) and drawing it every time the clock updates, takes too long, and the clock would start to skip seconds (it also has to check things on the background like timer completion...).
Oh i didnt think about the clock... couldn't you just give the clock text a white background and just keep drawing the text over the old text, so the image only has to be drawn once?
flyingfisch wrote:
Oh i didnt think about the clock... couldn't you just give the clock text a white background and just keep drawing the text over the old text, so the image only has to be drawn once?

Then you'd see the ugly borders around the date and time Sad And I'm not sure on how to read sprites from a file without having to add some more lines of code and thus increasing the file size (also, I'd have to write a image converter and that's too much work for little results if you ask me). Maybe if Simon ever figures out how the g3p syscalls work, or if my jpeg viewer ever gets fast enough...

In other words, I prefer to spend my time finding out how to do light OS modding through the use of timers (for e.g. displaying a clock at every screen in the OS) and developing new tools to put in, than adding new appearance settings .
gbl08ma wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:

Then you'd see the ugly borders around the date and time Sad And I'm not sure on how to read sprites from a file without having to add some more lines of code and thus increasing the file size (also, I'd have to write a image converter and that's too much work for little results if you ask me). Maybe if Simon ever figures out how the g3p syscalls work, or if my jpeg viewer ever gets fast enough...

In other words, I prefer to spend my time finding out how to do light OS modding through the use of timers (for e.g. displaying a clock at every screen in the OS) and developing new tools to put in, than adding new appearance settings .

OK, understood. By the way, about getting a clock on every screen in the OS, do you have any progress on that?
First I need to get code to run on some part of RAM that isn't used by the OS, isn't cleared when one exits the add-in and that survives reboots. I've been finding out what areas RAM are used and what they are used for and I believe some little areas are never used, but first I need to get code to copy to them and run there.
Ah, ok.

Are you documenting the discoveries you are making somewhere?
Not in anywhere public now, but I got a file full of notes about syscalls, memory maps, about what can be found in the OS flash area and more - all notes which I'm yet to organize. I also found the syscall for taking screenshots (0x17E6 and 0x17E7, don't ask me in what they differ), useful for when GetKey is not used and yet you want to achieve the same effect as pressing Shift+7. And lots of syscalls related to the Link app. All this, and I still didn't find the syscall I'm looking for.

Also, at memory address 0xFD801528 on the emulator with OS 1.02, and probably also on the real calc, there's this string: "Fugue FAT File System 2004-03-03 00:00". http://www.venture-mekiki.jp/catalog/Fugue.pdf
gbl08ma wrote:
I also found the syscall for taking screenshots (0x17E6 and 0x17E7, don't ask me in what they differ), useful for when GetKey is not used and yet you want to achieve the same effect as pressing Shift+7.

wow, maybe Kerm should put that in the next version of LuaZM so we can get screenshots of luazm programs!

That's actually pretty exciting. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours