So this is my first time posting my calc collection but it definitely won't be the last. Here it is:

So.. yeah. I included the Casio FX-820P because it says casio fx on it and so does the prizm.

They all work even though the CSE isn't turned on. That's because I still don't have another battery for it. The battery that came with the CSE is now in the Nspire because the Nspire's battery doesn't charge. The 83+ with the glowing screen is my Gameulator. That's it for now. I hope to get my friends broken 84+ SE and fix it up but I don't know how soon or even if that will happen.

(click to enlarge; I spent a lot of time getting the picture as clear as it is, so it's worth it)

They're multiplying! Found ROMs 7* and 15.0, so all I need to find now are 1.0, 3*, 11.0, and the common mask ROM versions after 16.0. After those, I will have the first complete collection of TI-82s!

Just the pre-1995 calculators. Getting everything to fit in the picture is becoming more of a chore nowadays.
Impressive!

A tip for fitting things into one picture at a close distance is to take a panorama. If your phone supports it, switch to pano mode and take a super short pano. It'll be just short enough to where the distortion won't be super noticeable.
comicIDIOT wrote:
A tip for fitting things into one picture at a close distance is to take a panorama. If your phone supports it, switch to pano mode and take a super short pano. It'll be just short enough to where the distortion won't be super noticeable.

I actually take the picture as a stack of about 8 RAW frames to reduce the amount of noise in the picture, otherwise it becomes difficult to read the ROM versions (illumination is coming from the sides, which the older screens with blue pixels are not efficient at using). Once I get my new camera and a suitable lens, I won't need to do this anymore (Canon 6D's noise is much, much lower than my Rebel XTi's, with twice the megapixel count) and I can simply back away from the calculators to fit them all in the frame. Maintaining display readability is my top priority, since I can simply add the other calculators in a second picture but they would lack sharpness.
Ohhhhhh, you're using a DSLR. Thought these were phone pics. I also wasn't aware you wanted to keep the details on the screen, which in hindsight makes sense so you can prove what ROM versions you have in one photo. Don't mind me then Very Happy
Do you have any ideas why TI kept changing the text on that screen? Like from "Enter self-test?" -> "Self-test?" -> Just version -> "Enter self test?"

And are you still missing bootcode versions?
comicIDIOT wrote:
Ohhhhhh, you're using a DSLR. Thought these were phone pics.

But the image quality... ;_; *struggles to find "Purchase Canon EOS 6D" button past the tears*

AHelper wrote:
Do you have any ideas why TI kept changing the text on that screen? Like from "Enter self-test?" -> "Self-test?" -> Just version -> "Enter self test?"

For the TI-81, space in the ROM was cramped, so maybe they changed/eliminated the text to have more ROM available? The lowercase letters p, q, and z were eliminated to save space, so why not change the self-test screen?

AHelper wrote:
And are you still missing bootcode versions?

Absolutely. I'm still looking for TI-81 .6V, TI-82 1.0 and 3*, and TI-85 1.0 and 7.0. There's also a missing TI-81 hardware revision 'C' manufactured in April 1993, which I expect to be ROM V2.00 on PROM and TI-82-style PCB. If it exists, it'll be exceptionally rare.
Hi folks!

I have two calcs at now. One is ti-83. I bought it six months ago, brand new in sealed blister and they gave me one TI Graph Link kit for free. Total price was $50 dollars (in my country). And yes, there is a guy here that has a lot of this old calculators brand new.

Then yesterday I was looking some local web shopping sites and found one TI-83 plus supposedly new. I went to see it and if it wasn't new, must have very little use. The guy told me that it was in a drawer for about eight years. He asked $33 but when I turned it on, the display was all garbled and missing columns. So he sold it to me in $13 Smile But when I tested, all garbled things disappeared and some of the missing columns too. There is only one missing column right now.

I will wait to fix it (or at least try to) until I have to disassemble LCD to add an automatic led backlight thing that I'm designing and testing.
I don't collect calculators, but I do collect slide rules (pre calculators). I have 172 of them so far. Even though I don't collect calculators, I went thru my stuff and found these calculators that I used over the years. I may have more if I kept looking in more boxes in the basement.

TI LCD Programmer
TI SR56 Programmable
TI Programmable 59 ( two )
TI 36
TI 81
TI 83
TI 84 Plus Silver Edition (paid $6.29 for it at Goodwill, perfect condition)
TI 89 Titanium
Canon P100-DH II
Casio CFX-9850GB Plus
Casio HS-8V
Casio Fx-300ES
Casio Digital Diary SF-3905A 128K
Commodore C8
Commodore US10
Sharp EL-510S
Sharp EL-326S
Sharp EL-5020 Programmable
Sharp EL-509
LeWorld 250
LeWorld 750
Scenario FC-500
Aurora SC150
Tozaj
Royal DM134
HP 48G
You should post a picture with all (or most) of you calcs and slide rules.
Ivoah I'll try and post a picture of my calculators at a later time, but it's probably next to impossible to post a picture of all the slide rules. I'd like to get detailed pictures of each of my slide rules so I don't have to keep digging thru them when I find a new one so I can cut down on duplicates (30 so far). To do that would require anywhere from 3 to maybe 8 pictures per slide rule depending on the slide rule scales. I just can't seem to find the time to start.
Yeah, that'd be quite the task.
my calcs
1 ti 84 plus cse
2 ti 85
3 ti 84 plus
4 ti 83 plus
5 ti 30 x2s
6 ti 34
7 ti 30 xa
My collection has expanded Very Happy

There is one more that I couldn't find ANYWHERE, but it's not a graphing calculator so it's less important. Razz

Does your TI-86 still work? I have one, but sadly it kicked the bucket a while ago Sad
My 86 does still work, however the many black horizontal pixel lines make it hard to use. I'm thinking of just replacing the screen entirely.
A little patience on eBay can really pay off!
Brand new (sealed) old stock Voyage 200 for 68 euros! The packaging is totally yellowed and the batteries have expired since 2009 (they haven't leaked and still hold charge though I won't use them). The calculator is completely unharmed.

OS version 2.09!

This brings my total number of (working) CAS calcs to 6. Two Voyage 200, two TI-89 Titanium, my 2001 original TI-92 Plus and one NSpire CX CAS.

Top Left: TI-nspire CAS (selling!)
Top Middle: TI-89 Titanium
Top Right: TI-84 Plus CE
Bottom Left: TI-84 Plus Silver Edition
Bottom Right: TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition

Not shown: TI-nspire CX CAS iPad app.

My brother is borrowing my ROM 1.07000 TI-83, so I poorly simulated its presence. Poorly.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 14 of 26
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours