Don't be an idiot, seana; grow some morals. Ashbad, it's not just you, I consider that quick duplicitous and dishonest as well.
I consider it mine. And if I had another, I'd sell it.
seana11 wrote:
Then you would be someone who should email the marketing coordinator that you enjoyed the training course but don't have a need for one of the Prizms, and that you're going to do the right thing and leave it for someone who actually needs it and will use it for good.
KermMartian wrote:
seana11 wrote:
Then you would be someone who should email the marketing coordinator that you enjoyed the training course but don't have a need for one of the Prizms, and that you're going to do the right thing and leave it for someone who actually needs it and will use it for good.

I don't have a prizm, though. So I'm going to enjoy it just fine.
I partly agree with seana11. I think that you can do whatever you want to do with the calc after you win it. I don't think its fair to others, but I don't think its unethical.
flyingfisch wrote:
I partly agree with seana11. I think that you can do whatever you want to do with the calc after you win it. I don't think its fair to others, but I don't think its unethical.
I respectfully disagree. The point of the training to begin with is the training itself; the free Prizm should just be a perk. When I first posted this topic here on Cemetech, I feel like most of our users are at least mentally mature (if not age-wise) enough to take this training program in the sense it was intended, but I worry that as news of it spread out, people saw it as a "giveaway", which it isn't. At any rate, I disagree and think something like that would be both unfair and unethical. Just my personal opinion, of course.
Yeah. I should learn C programming language so that if I do decide to get another Prizm, I can experiment and explore the capabilities of the Prizm.
The only reason I'm working to get another prizm, is that I believe having two prizms handy would be very useful for communications and other things between the two.
That is a good idea. I will think about it.
I gathered that the point of the training was to further educate the user of it's functions. If your sole intent is to sell it for an easy hundred bucks, it's ethically wrong. Why? Someone else could use that free Prizm a lot more than someone who wishes to resell it.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I gathered that the point of the training was to further educate the user of it's functions. If your sole intent is to sell it for an easy hundred bucks, it's ethically wrong. Why? Someone else could use that free Prizm a lot more than someone who wishes to resell it.
Exactly. What if it was someone outside the community who just did the training to get and sell the Prizm? Surely you would think that was wrong. It's no different if you do it yourself. This is not a GIVEAWAY, despite how other websites that took this information from Cemetech and used it described it to their users (yes, Seana11 and #casiocalc, "Free Prizms...", I'm looking at you). This is a TRAINING PROGRAM, and the free calculator is a perk. The training program will continue to exist after the perks run out.
Hmm now... trying to get the PRIZM just to sell it and make money, wouldn't it just be better to not deplete Casio's possibly limited supply of free calcs to do that and instead leave the chance to another person to do the training and have some use for the calc?

I guess it's up to everyone to decide, but personally if I could even do the training at all, I would choose the emulator and if the emulator was not an option, I wouldn't even bother, since I already own a PRIZM.

Also #casiocalc still exists? Shock When I idled there in late 2009 and 2010 sometimes, I was alone in the channel, with kucalc only joining every few month or so...
It's still just two users. However, the administrator _2072_ apparently wants to be part of either SAX or a SAX-like system, so I stopped by the channel. It was Seana, _2072_, and a bot.
Hey, I got my prizm today! I am going to learn Casio-BASIC first, as it seems like a stable foundation to learn upon. I would love to help improve the community of calculators by helping with both TI and Casio programming, and I want to make an application such as maybe (maybe) a n IDE for Prizms to be able to develop C on calc from! I've always wanted to do something like this, so maybe it may happen.
Thydowulays, that sounds great! I'm glad you were able to get a calculator that you're going to use for good (rather than be a scumbag and sell), and I'm sure an on-calc IDE and toolchain would be superb. As you rightly said, you'll be starting with smaller programs first, so I hope they go well and that you'll share your progress and lessons lessons that you learn with us.
when I get my Prizm (Tuesday or Wednsday) I'll probably work on some math programs so people can have an easier time in math. and at this point it's probably going to be Prizm-basic.
Thanks Kerm! Yeah I don't know why anyone would want to sell their Prizm after doing the training course, it's wrong. But yeah right now I'm just sort of finding my own little derivatives to TI-Basic commands and such. I also really like the way Sarah has her RPG programmed, (it is in BASIC, right)? Because I want to start off with a game that looks similar to that. I'm also putting your tetrizm on my calc, I'm going to have so much fun with this thing!
Haha, glad to hear it! Smile Yes, Sarah's RPG is indeed in BASIC. When I release the results of Cemetech Contest 8, you should try Raptor, Free Wheel, and the Impossible Game; they're all extremely fun games as well.
Impossible Game is in there! So downloading that.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Impossible Game is in there! So downloading that.
Weird, it's not supposed to be released yet. Very Happy Sounds like a certain administrator may have gotten trigger-happy with acceptances (actually, it was me not communicating that we were holding those programs in the queue). Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours