Martha wasn't either.
Ihave a question about Doctor Who... So I started watching the very first season since everyone says DW is amazing and I wanted to start at the beginning. And quite frankly I thought it was pretty far fetched and strange. Should I skip ahead and start with the newer episodes?
zeldaking wrote:
Ihave a question about Doctor Who... So I started watching the very first season since everyone says DW is amazing and I wanted to start at the beginning. And quite frankly I thought it was pretty far fetched and strange. Should I skip ahead and start with the newer episodes?

I strongly recommend you watch all the way through, beginning with the 2005 season. It hits its stride starting in episode 4, and pretty much only gets better from there (with one mid-season exception). Like any show there will be some episodes which are better than others, but for the most part, as you get attached to the characters, you'll be more willing to overlook the occasional flawed episode. Episodes 1,3, and 8 are probably my least favorite episodes of the new series, but still contribute to the character development, so I can't recommend skipping them. Episodes 4-7, 9-10, and 12-13 are all fantastic. 2 and 11 are pretty solid, but not anything special.
Okay, I'll believe you and hopefully I'll start enjoying the series. (Now that the Walking Dead is done till next season)
Eccleston is officially not in the anniversary episode. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
elfprince13 wrote:
Eccleston is officially not in the anniversary episode. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

They keep saying that, and then they tease that he is. :/ We're not going to know 100% for sure until the episode is playing on our screens, they are devils about mis-direction.
Based on the recent Moffat episodes, I'm not surprised that Russell T. Davies wants nothing to do with it, and I wouldn't be surprised if Eccleston was similarly influenced.
KermMartian wrote:
Based on the recent Moffat episodes, I'm not surprised that Russell T. Davies wants nothing to do with it, and I wouldn't be surprised if Eccleston was similarly influenced.

To the contrary, I think that the only reason Eccleston was considering at all is because he had a much better relationship with Moffat than he did with RTD.
Cool set videos + interviews from the anniversary are here: http://io9.com/a-dark-knight-rises-star-joins-christopher-nolans-new-471930887
http://tennantnews.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/paul-mcgann-says-he-could-still-be-part.html

Certainly nothing solid, just McGann musing over what "could happen", but I've got my fingers crossed!
JamesV wrote:
http://tennantnews.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/paul-mcgann-says-he-could-still-be-part.html

Certainly nothing solid, just McGann musing over what "could happen", but I've got my fingers crossed!
Quote:
once they resolve Chris Eccleston's participation or non-participation either way, then they're free to [figure it out]..
I remain hopeful that Eccleston could still be involved in some way, as unlikely as it seems at this point. I think he is perennially the most unfairly underappreciated of the revival Doctors.
KermMartian wrote:
Quote:
once they resolve Chris Eccleston's participation or non-participation either way, then they're free to [figure it out]..
I remain hopeful that Eccleston could still be involved in some way, as unlikely as it seems at this point. I think he is perennially the most unfairly underappreciated of the revival Doctors.

Agreed! Even though I did watch the classic series when I was a kid in the 80's, Eccleston is really "my" Doctor, the one that got me fully hooked on the show. There's something very lovable about his Doctor, angry, sad and feeling guilty, but yet still determined to help the universe. Hopefully the announcement that he turned down the opportunity to participate in the 50th is just misdirection!

Also, as much as I loooove Eccleston, nobody is more underappreciated than poor McGann.
Double post!

Time to start getting in the mood for the 50th Anniversary:

There are a couple other videos on that channel with slightly different themes, but all commemorative cuts with multiple doctors.
elfprince13 wrote:
Also, as much as I loooove Eccleston, nobody is more underappreciated than poor McGann.

Agreed, McGann is a Doctor that I would love to see on screen again. Even though the movie wasn't great, his portrayal of the Doctor is great!
NOOOOOO! TELL ME IT ISN'T SO!
http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/dwm-confirms-no-classic-doctors-in-50th-48576.htm

O_o

Also, has anyone watched of the "Night and the Doctor" miniseries that came out with season 6 on DVD?
that last episode was bloody great. I really want to find out what The Doctors name is. WHy doesnt he want anyone to know?
http://io9.com/matt-smith-confirms-hell-still-be-starring-in-doctor-w-464794392

Woo~ He'll still be in for season 8 Very Happy
With the Nightmare In Silver around the corner, I thought I'd share a snapshot into the past of the cybermen with you all.

A rather rudimentary costuming effort and a wierd voice...

Thoughts?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 14 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours