Wow, that stinks. Has your dad mentioned your "addiction" before?
That's awful/unbelievable! With Dads like that, who needs enemies? (And what a waste of money too).
What the crap? Programming is good for you and good for the mind. How could he be so blind to that? That's completely unbelievable.
I agree. But I can't do anything about it now.
I don't understand parents who are oblivious to the fact that programming is basically the most lucrative job market to be in right now.
Michael2_3B wrote:
@Angelstorm9x3 just realized that we haven't heard from you in a while... how's it going? Hopefully you're okay.

I realize you may not see this for a while, but hopefully you are okay, and when you can, respond Wink

Ashley and I spoke a few weeks ago. Doing fine, but still frustrated.

I want to extend a personal thank you to everyone here who's helping my friend through this.
On the other hand, he's started to take my Graphing Calculator away. So now I can only sporadically work on programs....... This makes no sense! He says that he cares for me, but then he goes and takes away everything that I want.... Leaving me with nothing to look forward to. I don't even know when/if I'll get Patriotic (the name of my new calc) back........ Mad
caleb1997 wrote:
On the other hand, he's started to take my Graphing Calculator away. So now I can only sporadically work on programs....... This makes no sense! He says that he cares for me, but then he goes and takes away everything that I want.... Leaving me with nothing to look forward to. I don't even know when/if I'll get Patriotic (the name of my new calc) back........ Mad

I recommend sitting down and talking to him if you haven't already. But first, be prepared. Find documents online that will back up your argument. Start off the conversation by asking him what he thinks is best for you. When he's done tell him you appreciate his point of view but here's what interests you and would love his support with going forward.

Maybe you could ask why he thinks programming is something he thinks negatively of. But it certainly sounds like a good conversation is required. Hopefully it goes well, I know parents are the best to converse with on points like these. Idea
caleb1997 wrote:

I hope you can find a resolution. It is in times like this where I realize that I am taking my loving parents completely for granted
All right then... A ray of sunshine. So I managed to convince him that he should start giving me my calc back more often. As long as I can hold a full time job, I have my calcs. Shouldn't be too hard...
Is anyone going to type in this topic? Or did everybody's life suddenly get a lot better?
caleb1997 wrote:
Is anyone going to type in this topic? Or did everybody's life suddenly get a lot better?

My life is actually doing very well. Except for APUSH ( AP US History)
Taking a college level class as a freshman is not recommended.
caleb1997 wrote:

My family celebrated Christmas a few days early and I didn't get anything I wanted. But no one wants to hear about that #FirstWorldProblem. Very Happy

Except I got some pretty awesome socks.
Anyone else?
Well????
My life is perfectly fine.

Anyways, I suggest that you stop bumping this, if people need to share, they will post here.
caleb1997 wrote:
Well????
Just a reminder that single-word posts are frowned upon; please only bump topics if you have something constructive to add to it. Thanks!
Life sucks because of school and because of Tari's insults!
Some good news:

I finally got all of my tools back. (btw, I have a LOT of hand tools, which include ratchets, a hammer, too many wrenches to count, a bionic wrench, soldering iron (Yay!) and several other tool sets).

Speaking of which, that reminds me: How is AngelStorm doing? It's been a while.
I don't own an N-spire, but my pre-calc teacher let me borrow one of her school ones, and my parents made me give it back. they also took away my 84+SE, so i am left with only my 84+CSE for company. Crying

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 19 of 29
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours