My current desktop

Tari: is that a dual-boot you have there?
My latest.
[/img]
seana11 wrote:
Tari: is that a dual-boot you have there?

Yes. That'd be quite the trick if it weren't.
virtualization can pull that off nicely.....
XFCE and minimalist.

Tari wrote:
My new laptop is mostly configured now:

what DE is the linux desktop?
flyingfisch wrote:
Tari wrote:
My new laptop is mostly configured now:

what DE is the linux desktop?

Says right on it.
Quote:
Window Manager: i3
Desktop Environment:
It also lies about my terminal- it's Sakura, which evidently claims to be xterm.
I changed my wallpaper and cleaned up my desktop. Smile
I have a new desktop too

hehe. Any guesses?

I'm not a massive Linux user but that looks like RedHat. If I had to guess even more, RedHat Fedora.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I'm not a massive Linux user but that looks like RedHat. If I had to guess even more, RedHat Fedora.

What's it doing there?
That, I have no idea. I've never seen anything like that before on OS X.
I presume you're using Parallels? Unless you just put it as a background to be clever. Or better yet, VNC.
KermMartian wrote:
Or better yet, VNC.

Pretty close. ssh -X and ran gnome-panels.
Link because I'm far to lazy to make a thumb imitating elf's shot on Windows with Cygwin-X and xfce4-panel.
Nerds.
TheStorm wrote:
Link because I'm far to lazy to make a thumb imitating elf's shot on Windows with Cygwin-X and xfce4-panel.

Ugg. You're one of those Start-Menu-At-The-Bottom people.
My Arch install with dwm:

I had to scroll on my laptop's desktop until I discovered Fences from Stardock. My desktop was still cluttered and I was exceeding 20 new folders. They were temporary folders, but I never deleted them. plus when I messed up while working with permissions, uninstall programs couldn't remove thier shortcuts. Sad Every update of minecraft/tekkit doesn't help either, since I edit and code some stuff to get it working over LAN, which is why I have new folders to store my failed attempts. But I did restore my comp to factory defaults, so its clean now.

For a monitor setup I'm using one of the first flat monitors, which runs with okay res.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 17 of 21
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours