Parser Padwan wrote:
what version of openSUSE are you using?

11.3 at the moment. I'm just resisting changing anything because I'm a bit busy Sad
Here's two of mine (I don't want to boot my netbook up, just yet). The first one is my laptop, running Windows and Fences, and the second one is my server running mlvwm and sic (My super-text-based IRC client).

Ahh I've see you've been to suckless.org does sic really suck-less than other IRC clients?

That said it looks rather nice for a simplified setup.
I like it a lot, although others would hate it, I'm sure. I had to poke a few things to get what I wanted (Like, I had to add an action command, aka "/me", and a quote command, so I can say ":q NAMES #cemetech" to get the people in the room, and to do other, more complicated things). My favorite part of the client, really, is that I understand it, and it's super easy to store logs from. The last few lines from the screenshot, when sent to a file, show up exactly as they do there. And, since the logs are easy to read, there also really easy to parse with sed or some other regular expression matcher, so I can find what others have said a lot easier.

Also, FWIW, and I doubt anyone'll want it, I had to change a bunch of things to get mlvwm to work, so if anyone wants it, I can share what I've got. The documentation is long-gone, so I had to guess for a lot of it. (It'd also be nice to have other people using it so we can get a lot more of the bars at the top made, for things like File, Edit, etc for each window).

Edit: Also, with sic, the commands are odd. To join a channel, you use ":j #channel". The first channel you join, you are talking in, but if you join another (":j #another"), then you are still talking in #channel. To talk in the other one, you do ":s #another", and now you're talking in that one. So, when you are wanting to switch what channel you are talking in, you have to use ":s #blah" each time you switch. So, what tends to happen to me, is that I'll be talking in one, leave for a while, and then say something and it ends up being in the wrong channel, since there's no visual cue, or I'll accidentally forget that I had put a space before I left, and so it doesn't register as a command and I actually say " :s #another". This client has gotten me really fast at typing "#cemetech" (for the normal and staff channels), so that's an upside Razz Like I said, I like it, but others will probably hate it Razz
I don't have any pics, but I use MinGW & Msys, devkitPro[devkitPSP], pspsdk, MSVC++ 2010, Netbeans 7.1.1, and Python 2.6 (for compatability with my fav version of Blender, 2.49b).

Other applications I also use in my projects are Gimp 2, Google Sketchup (not so much), Blender 2.49b, Blender 2.60, Daz Studio (not so much), 3DS Max 9 (not so much), FL Studio 9 (not so much), RapidSVN, MagicDisk/MagicISO, VirtualBox, fasm, nasm (not so much), ResEdit, CMake (not so much), fat_imgen, cpu-z, Noesis, and ppf-maker/ppf-o-matic3 (not so much).
here is mine. I am using xfce with a wallpaper I made myself. I watermarked it because I am planning on selling the boombox graphic (not the whole wallpaper, you can get it if you want it by emailing me) so I hope you guys don't mind.

here's the desktop of my new pc Smile

I just got bumptop and couldn't refuse showing it off!

icon stacks + fanning = win

hanging your photo on a 3d wall also = win

also winning = resizing icons, pinning icons to walls, throwing icons into junk piles, aligning normally, and alining piles on a slightly elevated grid (much like fences). I will love bumptop foreveh

Anakclusmos wrote:
here's the desktop of my new pc :)

May I ask how there's an apple logo, and a ie quick launch icon in the same desktop?
That looks like FlyAKite OSX, a set of skinning tools to make your Windows look like OS X. I tried it out back in the day, I'm ashamed to say.
KermMartian wrote:
That looks like FlyAKite OSX, a set of skinning tools to make your Windows look like OS X. I tried it out back in the day, I'm ashamed to say.

Don't they have trouble with copyright infringement (with the apple logo), or is it licensed/made by apple?
seana11 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Don't they have trouble with copyright infringement (with the apple logo), or is it licensed/made by apple?
It's freeware; I guess they don't care enough to go after it. It's definitely not made or licensed by Apple.
Actually, I used Custopack with a Mac OS X Lion theme. I got tired of it though.
http://thegeniusclan.ucoz.com/DO_NOT_OPEN/desktop.png
KermMartian wrote:
seana11 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

It's freeware; I guess they don't care enough to go after it. It's definitely not made or licensed by Apple.

There are a lot of apple looking XP themes too. Like Kerm said, I don't think apple cares enough about it to go after them.

Heck, there are LINUX themes that use apple's logo (why?!)
cuz mac is pretty, but completely useless to people who aren't developers.

I'm attempting a little experiment to see if I can setup my pc to boot Windows 7, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, and Ubuntu. It probably won't be easy, but I'm sure it's possible.

EDIT:

I found this site if anyone else wants to check it out. It shows how to setup your pc to boot Win7, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, and Ubuntu http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=20872&start=0

I've had the OSX 10.6.6 retail for a while, but I need to finish downloading Ubuntu and buy a DL DVD to try it out. I'll feedback once I've tried it out.

Clicky!

Desktop of my work laptop. I really want to rebuild my old laptop so I have a Windows 7 PC again! Sad

OS X is difficult to set up on anything other than Mac hardware, and that was by-design. However, I have heard a number of people get it running. I just know you've gotta tweak it a bit.
Anakclusmos wrote:
cuz mac is pretty, but completely useless to people who aren't developers.

Correction, it's useless to hardware junkies. The average user will enjoy it just fine if they're raised on it or otherwise get accustomed to it(just like most other OS's). The real issues arise for people who like to play with their hardware and customize their machines. The exception of course are pirates who've built their own hackintosh.
Swivel, that's a beautiful background! Is the waveform a composite of your own design, or did you find that somewhere? Smile Particularly impressive since you're partially colorblind.
My new laptop is mostly configured now:

(As usual, click to embiggen.)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 16 of 21
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours