You'll have to do something about authentication, I'll just have to POST a username and a password, I imagine Wink
merthsoft wrote:
You'll have to do something about authentication, I'll just have to POST a username and a password, I imagine Wink
On every single get and put request? I think that might be suboptimal. As far as functions, we'll need something like GetList, GetProgram, and PutProgram.
Well, I much prefer the idea of a stateless API, but if you want to do the authentication route, that works too. What would GetList do? Get the list of programs available?
merthsoft wrote:
Well, I much prefer the idea of a stateless API, but if you want to do the authentication route, that works too. What would GetList do? Get the list of programs available?
No complaints from me on the stateless API; that's much easier for me to write anyway. You're going to transmit the password salted and hashed though, right? Yeah, GetList would get the list of the user's programs so that they could open and save their SourceCoder-based programs.
I guess I was assuming this would be over HTTPS so that I could forget the requests and post it without worry.
merthsoft wrote:
I guess I was assuming this would be over HTTPS so that I could forget the requests and post it without worry.
That would work particularly well if Cemetech had an SSL certificate, which it does not. Razz I don't think my host supports SSL without me giving them some extra boondollars.
Well that's unfortunate. You should look into that, because it would be easier on both our ends, I imagine, to do that.
That's usually significantly more expensive <_<
It's still worth investigating.
merthsoft wrote:
Well that's unfortunate. You should look into that, because it would be easier on both our ends, I imagine, to do that.
I know where to get free basic SSL certificates, but I don't think my host lets you plug in a certificate and get https:// without an extra fee separate from the certificate cost.
Well I tried Tokens on my G5 Mac to see if we had any hope of mono working with it but I get this output from mono

Code:
ArchG5:Tokens admin$ mono Test.exe
System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer doesn't implement interface System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize

Stacktrace:

at Test.Test_Token.InitializeComponent () <0xffffffff>
  at Test.Test_Token.InitializeComponent () <0x00390>
  at Test.Test_Token..ctor () <0x00044>
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Test.Test_Token..ctor () <0x00054>
  at Test.Program.Main () <0x00064>
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) object.runtime_invoke_void (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0x000b4>

Native stacktrace:

0   mono                                0x000eb3dc mono_handle_native_sigsegv + 376
    1   mono                                0x00138dc0 mono_chain_signal + 364
    2   libSystem.B.dylib                   0x930549fc _sigtramp + 68

Debug info from gdb:

=================================================================
Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
=================================================================

Abort trap

Hopefully you can come up with a work around so that we can all use your lovely IDE.
Hmm, that is strange indeed. A quick google search doesn't really give me anything, I'll look into it more when I get home from work.

Side note, google really likes Cemetech, it's the first hit for "System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer doesn't implement interface System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize mono".
merthsoft wrote:
Hmm, that is strange indeed. A quick google search doesn't really give me anything, I'll look into it more when I get home from work.

Side note, google really likes Cemetech, it's the first hit for "System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer doesn't implement interface System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize mono".
Haha, very nice. Good luck tracking down the problem; it sounds obscure to me. :S
MoMA flags up one missing method, Interaction.InputBox - presumably because this is specific to Visual Basic. (Writing your own replacement shouldn't take more than a few minutes, though). I don't know how this relates to TheStorm's error (provided he's using the latest version of Mono), though...
Hmm, when I check MoMA for 2.6 compatibility, it's all green, which is weird since it clearly does not work in 2.6, and why would they scrap Interaction.InputBox support between the versions? I'll create my own inputbox and see if that helps anything.
So, I got it to run under Mono:

Basically, the split container doesn't actually work right, it doesn't implement interface ISupportInitialize, as the error suggests. From what I read, this issue was resolved in .NET 4.0, but apparently Mono doesn't handle it quite right. So I just went through and commented out everywhere it tired to force it, like:

Code:
((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.splitContainer1)).EndInit();

I'm using Mono 2.8, I'm not sure how this will do in 2.6. It crashes when you try to build, because I haven't fixed the input box problem that Ben mentioned yet. I'll get to that tomorrow and release a build.

Everyone keeps saying it'll look bad under Mono, but I think it looks just fine.
Well I tired the new exe on mono2.6 and it was a no go because it tries to use .net 1.1 as a fall back for not supporting 4.0, which sounds rather dumb, but I may be able to force it to at least use a newer runtime if I play with the cmdline flags a bit.
That's looking great, Merthsoft! I hope you get a chance to add a few more DCS GUI elements into the editor so I can start writing frontpage news about this project. Wink
TheStorm wrote:
Well I tired the new exe on mono2.6 and it was a no go because it tries to use .net 1.1 as a fall back for not supporting 4.0, which sounds rather dumb, but I may be able to force it to at least use a newer runtime if I play with the cmdline flags a bit.
There is no new .exe yet.
merthsoft wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
There is no new .exe yet.
I realized that when I tried it while in Mac OSX and it still didn't work.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 32
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours