Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.

How excited are you for this project???
SUPER EXCITED!!
 10%  [ 12 ]
SUPER FRUITY EXCITED!!
 44%  [ 51 ]
All of the above
 44%  [ 51 ]
Total Votes : 114

Please add pomnegranetes; the TI-84 Plus port did not have them. And also the rule where every 100 points you lose a strike from previously dropping a fruit.

Thank you in advance. :^)
ShinyGardevoir wrote:
Please add pomnegranetes; the TI-84 Plus port did not have them. And also the rule where every 100 points you lose a strike from previously dropping a fruit.

Thank you in advance. :^)

Will do! Was already planning on adding pomegranates Smile And thank you for reminding me about that point system! Iíll be sure to include accurate point counts, combos, etc whatever I can find.

And Iíll be adding a point display here shortly.
Keep up the good work everyone! Looking forward to watching this progress Smile
Why isn't this done yet.







Is this too much?


Haha. Anyways!-

I have just done a major update to the GitHub repository. I actually completely forgot about the repository until today. Thanks to TheLastMillennial for reminding me Razz This update includes the current source, screenshots etc. https://github.com/Michael2-3B/FruitNinjaCE
Yeah... the title poses a seisure warning. Maybe move the text instead of flashing red, green, and blue?
ShinyGardevoir wrote:
Yeah... the title poses a seisure warning. Maybe move the text instead of flashing red, green, and blue?

Lol I wasn't actually intending on keeping it that way. Don't worry I'm nowhere near the final outcome.

Still testing out different colors and things and I might create an actual background image sometime. Who knows. How's this?
I like both, but I think it'd be cool if it had the texture of the second one and some flashiness of the first one.

An idea: when you select a menu option, have the fruit split.
I implemented swiping on the menu now. The menu fruits can be sliced. The submenus are added. And there are a few animations I've been working on, such as transitioning from the menu to the game and between the submenus. Check it out!



As you can see I've also started implementing the score counter.

Not sure if this is possible yet, but I'm hoping to make swiping a bit more organic and perhaps not quite as restricted to certain plot points. Would have to change up the key to screen location algorithm a bit.
Screen shaking.


How do I fix the invisible diagonal line?
Is there a Compiled release or link?
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
Is there a Compiled release or link?

No, it is still under development. But you can view the source code and other project files here: https://github.com/Michael2-3B/FruitNinjaCE
Looks great, though some of the sprites aren't 100% centered which should be an easy fix.

The diagonal line is a bit of a different beast, it is possible to get rid of it - but a different set of graphics routines would be required :S.
I updated the GitHub so the most recent code is in there now. Along with that, I added unique rotation speeds to the sprites while playing, plus tried to work on controlling more of how they are thrown so that you can actually slice most of them.

tr1p1ea wrote:
Looks great, though some of the sprites aren't 100% centered which should be an easy fix.

I'll get to that next! I know the pineapple in particular gives some people headaches, Pieman is working on a new one right now.

tr1p1ea wrote:
The diagonal line is a bit of a different beast, it is possible to get rid of it - but a different set of graphics routines would be required :S.

Hmmm. Well it's not exactly important in terms of gameplay mechanics, so I think I'll leave it.
Michael2_3B wrote:
How do I fix the invisible diagonal line?

Well, you could make it so the white lines stay still instead of shaking, and that should fix it (although if you want them to shake there's not an easy fix). The rest of the screen could still shake. The diagonal like just becomes noticeable when there's quick, dramatic motion.
Ha! Just found this on GitHub and I approve strongly -- the swiping vids on the first page brought about some nice nostalgia from my old xLIBC attempt. The CSE was way too slow to handle a game beyond my swiping demo completed in that fashion, and I never really bothered learning z80asm to make it work -- glad to see it's possible and being done here. Exciting Smile
Pi_Runner wrote:
Michael2_3B wrote:
How do I fix the invisible diagonal line?

Well, you could make it so the white lines stay still instead of shaking, and that should fix it (although if you want them to shake there's not an easy fix). The rest of the screen could still shake. The diagonal like just becomes noticeable when there's quick, dramatic motion.

That's simply not the case. If you look at the explosion animation back when there was no shaking, there is still a diagonal line. It's not anything easy to fix. You can see it back on page 2: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=273218#273218

M. I. Wright wrote:
Ha! Just found this on GitHub and I approve strongly -- the swiping vids on the first page brought about some nice nostalgia from my old xLIBC attempt. The CSE was way too slow to handle a game beyond my swiping demo completed in that fashion, and I never really bothered learning z80asm to make it work -- glad to see it's possible and being done here. Exciting Smile

Thank you for your comment! I'm hoping I can meet people's expectations for the game and don't completely botch it lol. Glad people are finding it on GitHub. Honestly I never even thought I'd get this far.
I like the progress! Keep it up!

Side note: why is the project now names Sprite Slicer CE but your profile pic still shows Fruit Ninja?
Is Sprite Slicer temporary or permanent?
jcgter777 wrote:
I like the progress! Keep it up!

Side note: why is the project now names Sprite Slicer CE but your profile pic still shows Fruit Ninja?
Is Sprite Slicer temporary or permanent?

saxjax wrote:
12:37:25 PM [Michael2_3B] I wouldn't be surprised if some random nerd came over to the thread today and asked "why isn't it called fruit ninja anymore?"

Itís temporary, although I was actually debating for a bit on whether itís legal/appropriate or not to use the actual name.
It should be alright to use "Fruit Ninja CE" as the name, as it already hints a spin-off of the mobile game. It's not like you're monetising the game or anything. And plus, there's already a monochrome-calc version of the game without a changed name.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 7
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement