9%  [ 19 ]
SUPER FRUITY EXCITED!!
 44%  [ 89 ]
All of the above
 46%  [ 93 ]
Total Votes : 201

TimmyTurner62 wrote:
Michael2_3B wrote:
Ok, so I have some great news! We are getting closer and closer to the release date of this project. I know I haven't posted in a little bit, but this new feature I am adding will make up for that.

[...]

That's a little late april fools...
Anyway that would be cool in reality

Michael2_3B wrote:

I didn't want to post this yesterday, so as to avoid any doubts about authenticity. I know people like to joke and stuff on April 1st so I am steering clear of that.
That looks like it would hurt your finger...
I love having to connect a camera to my computer to play a game! It seems counterintuitive, and it is.
Nice try though Razz
Wow, either your camera lenses/ sensor is really broken, or your video editing skills need some polishing! Razz

It looks really cool, how'd you edit in the swipe?
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
That's a little late april fools...

Clearly, you never read anything.
Michael2_3B wrote:

I didn't want to post this yesterday, so as to avoid any doubts about authenticity. I know people like to joke and stuff on April 1st so I am steering clear of that.

In reality though I just wasn’t able to finish the edit in time Razz

TheLastMillennial wrote:
Wow, either your camera lenses/ sensor is really broken, or your video editing skills need some polishing! Razz

It looks really cool, how'd you edit in the swipe?

I’ve started getting into Adobe After Effects, so there is more going on here than you think. Despite some of the crappy issues you see in the video, this still took me a few hours to figure out, and about half an hour to render...

There’s actually two videos. One is a real overhead recording of the screen, except it is cropped to only include the actual gameplay. In that recording, I am actually using the keypad, but that was cut out of course.

The second video is me just moving my finger around the screen. I recorded that, with the previous video playing on my computer so as to have a reference where to swipe Razz

The hardest thing, as you can imagine, was to actually combine these two videos. I was able to put the cropped gameplay over top of the screen in the 2nd video, but then I also had to figure out how to keep my finger from not getting hidden by what I just put in. Thus, a few masks later and some clever keying out, I was able to get just my finger from the 2nd recording and overlay that on top of the gameplay.

And after dealing with all that, I was too tired and it was getting too late to try and fix the other issue Razz
I heard that posting the day after April Fools day doubles the bamboozle

edit: sorry, double post Razz
Eh, even tho we argue, I still love the progress!
I really think you would get amazing reviews on this, if it gets submitted.
And I'll try to end our arguments by aiming to be the first one to leave a review for your program!
In other news, I am incredibly thankful to Mateo for helping me out with the real project! There has been an attempt to start implementing a background, and this is Mateo's potential wood background implementation.

The wood is not my favorite though, I'm thinking I will probably replace it with something that looks more cartoon-y just like the sprites. But that's only if Mateo is able to speed things up/fix graphical issues with the background. For now, I am continuing to work without a background.
When I first mentioned the background, I specificlly referenced the default wooden background from the mobile app; sorry for the confusion.
Although it's not the final background, I think having a BG makes it look more complete.

Of course you will need to find a speed solution, but I'm sure you can get it there.
I agree with the previous posts, the background really adds a lot to the game and I think the real original fruit ninja background would look perfect in this! Do you plan to add multiple backgrounds or allow us to send our own? Great job Michael and Mateo!
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Do you plan to add multiple backgrounds or allow us to send our own?

I'm not planning on allowing people to send their own, but I'll consider adding a choice between multiple backgrounds in-game. And if I don't do that, I think people will still be happy if I can get just the background from the original game working.

Motivation is low for this project at the moment, I'm working through some other life stuff at the moment but I'll have some updates later in the month.

I'm also considering the possibility of having this done for maker faire.
Trying out some things, I would like to have a rotating triangle or some kind of glowing effect behind the pomegranate. If possible I would also like a "zoom in" effect but I'm not sure about that.

(This is a still frame)
Hey! What happened? Why is this not posted in the archives yet? I made the file myself from github and it seems like its ready for release! What's the holdup?
dunlavdy wrote:
Hey! What happened? Why is this not posted in the archives yet? I made the file myself from github and it seems like its ready for release! What's the holdup?

Probably a lack of time, or to be able to release the program in a polished state rather than releasing a program that is unpolished or not ready for release.
epsilon5 wrote:
dunlavdy wrote:

Probably a lack of time, or to be able to release the program in a polished state rather than releasing a program that is unpolished or not ready for release.

My apologies. I haven't really touched programming at all in over a year. I'll look into the project again when I get the chance.
After taking a look at it again, I realized I could probably get this published soon if I spend a few nights on it (ok, maybe a bit more than a few nights but you get the idea).

I've cut out the wooden background for the sake of speed and simplicity.
I removed the triangle behind the pomegranate.
I worked on adding combos just tonight, and that works pretty well.
I also worked on organizing the game progression a bit, but it still needs work. However I was able to make it so that more fruits are thrown at the same time as the game goes on (this allows you to get bigger combos).

I have not updated the repository, but I'll do that soon.
Also I streamed calculator programming asmr on my youtube tonight while working on it, lool. I might make that public if I can edit it down some. a bit cringe lo| but here ya go

(note the combos)

The game still needs some work and polishing, but it does seem simpler to do now- not gonna try to complicate things too much like I was earlier.
So a few small updates,

obviously with the pandemic going on right now there should be more time for a lot of things, I'll try to make this one of them...

I increased the size of the combo text and I also added a bit of shaking to the screen for each time you slice the pomegranate. I am also working on making it so that a bomb never gets thrown in front of a fruit (forcing you to miss a slice).

Other things that I currently have on the to-do list:

• make pomegranates show up when you surpass a multiple of 25, in case you get multiple points at a time
  • fix frame timing
  • put things on the options menu or delete it all together
  • adjust slicing locations on menu so it better fits where the fruits are
  • high score list?
  • miscellaneous things I haven't thought of
  • update the github
  • publish the game!
I deleted the options menu since there was nothing I could think of that needs to be put on it. I’m replacing it with the zen game mode option and am planning on removing the bombs for that, but if there is more to the zen game mode please let me know Razz that’s all I could tell though. Besides that, nothing has been done recently, but I haven’t forgotten about the project.

Also, this is my 999th post. =P
Well considering the circumstances with TI, I guess there's no better time to try to finish this program. I've done a few things on the program the last 2 nights, which include these:

1. Zen mode was added
-includes 90 second timer (true to the actual game)
-No bombs, no pomegranates, and no penalty for missing fruits
-Still have to modify the gameplay a bit
2. Updated the pause menu
-You can now exit to the main menu from here

No gif, but I'll probably have one in the next post.
Well I made a good few changes lately if anyone is still listening, and I have a new screenshot!

EDIT: I also made the download available in the repository!

1. Zen mode timer now actually counts down from 90
-zen mode includes more volleys/fruits thrown at the same time and the combo points
2. quitting or leaving to the menu mid-game in zen mode no longer saves your score
3. Added zen high score
4. Made bombs in the main game no longer obstruct fruits
5. Pomegranates are now guaranteed to get thrown even if your score skips past a multiple of 25

6. and probably the most critical issue I have yet to polish completely, I attempted (but kinda failed) at keeping the game speed consistent. I made the physics update more than once depending on the total sprites on screen, but it still looks a bit odd.

You can look at the code for all that in the GitHub, I finally updated the repository for the first time in months.

I've taken a lot of advice from people regarding the frames and other such, but please don't yell at me if I'm still horrible at understanding and writing C.

Anyways, here's a playthrough of normal and zen gameplay:

I'm hoping to change the pomegranates here in a bit, like make them a bit bigger and show an explosion (like a pomegranate-colored circle expanding outwards) when you've sliced it multiple times.

why did y'all leave fruit ninja ce to the least skilled c programmer on this site

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours