Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Justin wrote:
I found a bug:
Run bosshell press alpha,2nd,left and than hold right.
It displays a bunch of weird text.

I have fixed this for the next release.
(which is not quite out yet)
BOSshell version 4.10.0 has been released!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
BOSshell 4.10.2 has now been released!

Anyone who is interested in developing software with BOSshell in mind should see the site; developer information and more!

Thank you all for waiting so long for me to finish this Razz

Any questions, bugs, crashes, or suggestions, please post here and I will get back to you promptly!
Can this open ASM programs now?
And BASIC?
Well it's a good start, but this is quite a unique shell and it's kinda hard to learn.
The readme is pretty good however it would be nice to have a few video tutorials with the final release. (Also I think you should capitalize the S in shell in "Beck's Operational shell")

One bug I found is that whenever I type, an "A" is always after whatever I'm typing. It's like the cursor is in the wrong spot and is the wrong character.

I did my best to follow the readme but I still encountered a crash. (I'll try to remember my steps)
I was on the BOSSHELL home screen.
I left clicked, then I selected 'new'
I entered a name for it "UV"
It created the file.
I left clicked that file, selected 'prgm' and (I think) I pressed [enter]
I entered the program I wanted to run (HDPICV) and I pressed [enter] again.
The shell launched HDPICV no problem, but when I tried to quit HDPICV it exited to a white screen and froze.
I would've tried to recreate my steps and try again but I'm leaving really soon and I'll have to try it again later.

That's all I could do with my very short time with it. Hopefully this bug report was useful, good luck bugfixing!
De2290 wrote:
Can this open ASM programs now?
And BASIC?

Yes, it can.

press [prgm], then input the program's name. Then choose what kind of file it is: prgm, appvar, or prot prgm (locked program)

In hindsight I don't think it was necessary to have a distinction between the two, they act as if they are the same variable type.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Well it's a good start, but this is quite a unique shell and it's kinda hard to learn.
The readme is pretty good however it would be nice to have a few video tutorials with the final release. (Also I think you should capitalize the S in shell in "Beck's Operational shell")

One bug I found is that whenever I type, an "A" is always after whatever I'm typing. It's like the cursor is in the wrong spot and is the wrong character.

I did my best to follow the readme but I still encountered a crash. (I'll try to remember my steps)
I was on the BOSSHELL home screen.
I left clicked, then I selected 'new'
I entered a name for it "UV"
It created the file.
I left clicked that file, selected 'prgm' and (I think) I pressed [enter]
I entered the program I wanted to run (HDPICV) and I pressed [enter] again.
The shell launched HDPICV no problem, but when I tried to quit HDPICV it exited to a white screen and froze.
I would've tried to recreate my steps and try again but I'm leaving really soon and I'll have to try it again later.

That's all I could do with my very short time with it. Hopefully this bug report was useful, good luck bugfixing!

That character you are seeing just after the text, is it a different color? If so, that is the overtype Razz Press [alpha] or [2nd] to change it.
There are 3 overtypes currently: "a" "A" and "1".

I am going to adress that bug (hopefuly) in the next hour, as well as another annoying filesystem bug where it doesn't remove things correctly
In the future, use the [prgm] key to run programs, unless they are being used as an editor.
If you want to have a program (Asm only atm) on the desktop, you will need to convert it to an appvar; the software for which I have included in the next release.

Also I have been having problems with certain programs not running correctly as well.
For example, Tetric A crashes if you press any key (other than [clear]) upon returning to the shell.

I don't know what is causing the problem though.
BOSshell version 4.10.6 has been released on github!
https://github.com/beckadamtheinventor/BOSshellCE/releases/tag/4.10.6

The cursor can now move waaay faster, and now allows for multiple arrow keys to be pressed simultaneously!

Please read the README, as this shell has a very steep learning curve. Reading the README will make your experience with BOSshell much easier and more rewarding.
In BOSshell 4.10.6, I added a feature to put an asm prgm into an appvar!

Tutorial:
Step 1: create a new file
Input "aasm" when it says "type?"
Input a name for the file

Step 2: make a file association for files of type "aasm"
Press [2nd] on the file that you created
Input "BOSptoav" when it says "with?"
Select "<appvar>" with the arrow keys

Step 3: open the file
It will run the program (inside the appvar "BOSptoav") that has just been associated with files of type "aasm"
Input the name of the program that you want to copy when it says "prgm?"

Step 4: open the file (again)
It will run the program that you had input in the previous step; you now have a launchable asm program on your BOSshell desktop!

NOTE: you will only need step 2 once (unless you remove the association or delete the appvar "BOSassoc")

I hope this helps anyone who is interested in using BOSshell!
This is to Beckadamtheinventor. I am making a Blockly programming in ice on my CE. It will allow you to make a TI Basic program using Blocks instead of code. It will soon support Ice. For now it features a new file creation, and you can load or convert a previous project. The blocks arent added yet, neither the editor, I am just now working on that and make a few more editor features and it will be done. It allows you to convert your code to a BOSSHELL .prgml extension, or a custom extension.
I just wanted to see if it's ok if I finish it, considering it does something for BosShell.
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
This is to Beckadamtheinventor. I am making a Blockly programming in ice on my CE. It will allow you to make a TI Basic program using Blocks instead of code. It will soon support Ice. For now it features a new file creation, and you can load or convert a previous project. The blocks arent added yet, neither the editor, I am just now working on that and make a few more editor features and it will be done. It allows you to convert your code to a BOSSHELL .prgml extension, or a custom extension.
I just wanted to see if it's ok if I finish it, considering it does something for BosShell.

Of course you can finish your project! Smile
Makes me so happy to know that people are developing stuff with BOSshell in mind! Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 6 of 6
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours