» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
There is some planned downtime for UniChat now, starting 2 hours ago and ending when I am done. (EDIT: I'm done!)

When it is over, you guys will have private chatrooms!

It's technically usable but very buggy; I'm here, in the default chatroom and in test, which is here.
The Unichat Extension is down rn as a result of _iPhoenix_'s changes to the coding of Unichat. I hope to get the extension back online within the hour but we will see how this goes.

Stay Posted!

EDIT: The extension is back online!
UniChat private chatrooms are done, and here's how they work:

When you go to the main page, https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/UniChatDemo/, you are automatically put into the default chat room! This is where we expect most of our users will be.

Just like IRC Channels, you can share room ("channel") names with each other. Each room has its own private list of online users and messages!

You can use the built-in hub, or the simple form on the main page, below the settings bar (it might be below the message bar on some devices).

Additionally, you can create a private chatroom using a button under settings, with a random key that is highly unlikely to be guessed by others.
I think there should be an option to turn off the welcome pop-up, as it can be slightly annoying at times.
Michael2_3B wrote:
I think there should be an option to turn off the welcome pop-up, as it can be slightly annoying at times.

I agree. I added an issue to remind myself to fix it, as well as a thing in the To-Do file.

Edit: I fixed PM's. They no longer appear as undefined, and LAX increased the height of the extension.
The Unichat Chrome Extension has released v.1.6 with new bug fixes that were caused by the recent additions to cemetech. This update allows more space for future additions to the extension without updating (hopefully....).

You can grab it here:
https://github.com/LAX18/Unichat-Chrome-Extension/archive/master.zip
Can it be made that joining chatrooms can be used using a #? (Like in IRC)

EDIT: Can someone both say something and then highlight me in another message? I want to see what happens.
jcgter777 wrote:

EDIT: Can someone both say something and then highlight me in another message? I want to see what happens.

I think that a bot would have to handle that......
The REAL LAX18 wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:

I think that a bot would have to handle that......

Actually, no. I think we can implement a /room command.

Unfortunately, I have to issue a warning to Alvajoy123, whose impersonation almost earned him a ban.

Any more warnings = ban. Sorry.

Anywho, I made the code more concise, as well as implementing the suggestion made by Michael.
Cool, i look forward to its release.
TI84plceBasicPro wrote:
Cool, i look forward to its release.

You can use it now! Point your browser to https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/UniChatDemo/ and you are able to use our service!
How come your still a newbie, lol?
TI84plceBasicPro wrote:
How come your still a newbie, 0x5?

It's a custom title, referencing how I still have a lot to learn.

Please keep this on on-topic Evil or Very Mad

Anywho, hope you enjoy UniChat!
I'm using Windows 10 Pro, Firefox quantum. I can't send anything.
Got these errors:

Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id=GTM-NJR6RD8”.
UniChatDemo:1

FIREBASE WARNING: Using an unspecified index. Your data will be downloaded and filtered on the client. Consider adding ".indexOn": "ts" at /Data/_default to your security rules for better performance.
util.js:189

Use of document.createAttribute() is deprecated. Use element.setAttribute() instead.
translator.js:3027:20

Use of setAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use setAttribute() instead.
translator.js:3029:11

ReferenceError: ga is not defined
[Learn More]
main.js:189:5

SyntaxError: expected expression, got '}'
[Learn More]
UniChatDemo:2

EDIT: just for the heck of it, I tried Edge. This time it only gave me the error:
SCRIPT5009: 'ga' is not defined
main.js (188,4)

None of this makes any sense to me, I hope it does to you Razz
Yes, that makes sense. None of that is fixable, besides some of it.

Edit: To clarify, I know exactly what is wrong and can fix most of that soon enough.
There is a bug
as soon as i got on someone or something was hacking and saying thing i did not say
Alvajoy123 wrote:
There is a bug
as soon as i got on someone or something was hacking and saying thing i did not say

This is happening, someone is impersonating people and saying some very vulgar things. Sad
Where is your spam protection?!

If you want to visit UniChat, I made a safe room that is free of spam: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/UniChatDemo/?room=safe
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:
There is a bug

This is happening, someone is impersonating people and saying some very vulgar things. Sad
Where is your spam protection?!

How long will it take to fix this problem?
I know the bug it is hacking it somone did it:thumbsdown: Bad Idea Bad Idea https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/UniChatDemo/
It's not 'hacking' per se, but they are just clearing their cookies which is allowing them to change their name to what ever they want, whenever they want. I think the crisis has passed, I spammed a bunch so you don't have to look at that *other* spam.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 11
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours