Been a while since the last time I've been here. I wonder how much has changed...

Anyways, my most recent project...basically, I'm making a MIDI controller that has giant controls so it can be played while wearing fursuit paws. I'm getting paws made, and I don't want to have to take off my paws just to use my synths, so this is my totally reasonable and not-at-all ridiculous solution Razz

The hardware is nothing special, just an Arduino using this MIDI library. There are 8 buttons which are used for playing one octave of notes in a specific key and scale, and 4 pots which are used for changing parameters on the connected synth via MIDI CC. At this point I have the programming and electronics pretty much finished; I'm just waiting for the buttons I ordered to show up so I can get it off of the breadboard.

The 8 keys for playing notes are 60mm arcade buttons, the 3 buttons for navigating menus are 45mm, and the knobs are 4" in diameter and 3" high and are being 3D printed by a friend of mine. The front panel is 35" by 10". Here's a quick crappy mockup I made of the front panel:
Welcome back, Spyro!

This looks really cool; I like how you did this.

Also, this is a hacking community; you have nothing to be ashamed of by creating something.

Keep it up! Can't wait for more screenshots.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours