I am trying to fix my Voyage 200 calculator. It has about 13 vertical white lines which makes it harder to read the input/output as it cuts out the black pixels that would display the numbers. I have looked around online and some people suggest that for this model the lcd screen is soldered with the mother board, unlike the case with the Ti-83 which has the ribbon cable. I can't confirm this because I have't been able to open it yet, since I need a Torx #5 screwdriver with at least 1.5cm in length to reach that deepest screw. I will order such screw driver but I would like to know if anyone here has fixed this issue or has any idea what I should do to fix it.
The V200's LCD appears to use heat-press ribbon cables. See http://datamath.org/Graphing/JPEG_Voyage200.htm#PCB. The fault you describe would be consistent with bad connections on the column drivers, but these kinds of cables tend to be difficult to repair.
I just saw this on another calculator. The ultimate fix is a better connector design, but that's time consuming.

The easier fix that just worked on 9/10 of vertical lines on this "for parts" Voyage 200 I just got was to set the contrast to 100% and turn off / on the calculator 50 times. Magically most of them were fixed.

There is a self test you can access at:
- From the home screen

F5
[diamond] + (
s

One of the options there is an LCD test with one key for fully on and one for fully off.

Good luck!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours