Looks great, Mateo! Creating level editors is always one of my favourite parts of the development process Smile
JamesV wrote:
Looks great, Mateo! Creating level editors is always one of my favourite parts of the development process Smile

Haha I enjoy it too Razz

Anywho, completed the level editor; all features are supported (including pipes, enemies, etc) and saving/loading works great Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Click to view fullscreen image

Looks great! Think you might be able to release the map editor now/soon so people can start working on maps before the game is actually done?
Yes, Please!! Very Happy
Side note: how is Oiram pronounced?
oyram i think...
Ivoah wrote:
Looks great! Think you might be able to release the map editor now/soon so people can start working on maps before the game is actually done?

Possibly. I would like to finish a couple more things with the actual game just so that way I have the mechanics correct Smile
looks great! can't wait to try it on my calc. just a quick question: are you able to jump on top of palm trees? thanks! keep up the awesome work!
Those are background tiles and stuff like the little mounds and stuff as well.

Though a tile is a tile and Mateo could of course include it in the games list of collidable tiles etc.
t00manyleg0s wrote:
are you able to jump on top of palm trees? thanks! keep up the awesome work!

Nah it has an empty collision mask; just like a few other background tiles as tr1p1ea said above Smile
I'm happy to announce that everything in the main game (including the boss which I won't post in a screenshot, it is a surprise), is complete! I just have to do a few more bug tests routines, add in level saving/loading to the main screen, and then we will see what happens next.

Added Racoon Oiram and score things: (yes, you can do tail whip, didn't show it for some reason though Razz)

Current code base size is about 33K, I should easily be able to keep it under 35K after everything and optimizations Smile
So first of all, Great job!!! It looks amazing. I looked throughout this thread and couldn't find anything so I'd thought I'd mention it before it was released.
I think a name for each level would be cool. Maybe you've already done that, or not, but I wanted to suggest it. Smile
Amazing job, Mateo! Great new years present Razz.

If you want me to, I am willing to create/port some levels!

Again, amazing job!
That is so awesome! Shock
seanlego23 wrote:
I think a name for each level would be cool. Maybe you've already done that, or not, but I wanted to suggest it. Smile

I'm only doing naming of level packs and the end message Smile I think having a name for each level would be cool, but I don't want to add it to the save format... Razz

As for any beta testing or pre releases, going to have to say no. I feel confident that there are no significant bugs... hopefully Razz Anywho, I finished pack saving/loading. All that is left to do is create a default level pack. Very Happy
Once you create the default level pack, will you release? Very Happy
Pieman7373 wrote:
Once you create the default level pack, will you release? Very Happy

Yes, unless I really want to mess with you all. Shouldn't take more than a week at most.
That's the way, looks awesome can't wait!
It's true, it does look fairly awesome. Almost wish I had a CE except I have an 89. Wink

Oiram sounds kind of icky to me like oil; are you sure you shouldn't call it Carrio?
CalebHansberry wrote:
Oiram sounds kind of icky to me like oil; are you sure you shouldn't call it Carrio?

Yes I'm quite sure haha. Little late to change it now Razz

Update: Release tomorrow if all goes swell Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 12 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours