I have a ti83+ that turns on, but is very slow and unresponsive. If you press a lot of keys, sometimes one or two will go through, but generally it just doesn't do much. I have no clue what is going on and wonder if anyone can help troubleshoot this error. Thanks.
Can you provide any other info? Has it always had this problem? Did it slowly creep up, or did it just start not listening to most of the key presses? Is it old? Has it been used a lot? Have you checked the batteries? Has it been dropped many times?
It is a calculator that I got from my teacher to fix. Have no clue of its past or how long this has been going on for.
Check that there is nothing stuck in the I/O port. It sounds like that's what's slowing the calculator down, because it's trying to respond to I/O activity that's not actually occuring.
That was the issue. Some kid shoved a pencil in the link port and snapped off the tip. Graphite is conductive so...
Hmm. I have an 83+ that has this issue -sometimes-. Ill see if this is the problem.
BigguyCT wrote:
That was the issue. Some kid shoved a pencil in the link port and snapped off the tip. Graphite is conductive so...
Woot, problem solved! Glad it was a nice easy one to track down.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours