With Texas Instruments' T^3 (Teachers Teaching Technology) 2015 conference officially kicking off tomorrow, we have collected a few TI-related news items for you. Most center around the new TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator, which is due to hit stores and educational technology suppliers late this spring. We also are excited to bring you an introduction to T^3 2015 and the Cemetechians who will be attending this year.
  • First, TI has announced a "Calculate Your Color" contest. This faux personality quiz asks you questions about your favorite scientists, with what graphed function you identify, and more. It chooses one of the colors of the TI-84 Plus CE that matches your personality: Original (black), Radical Red, True Blue, Silver Linings, Plum Pi (purple), Lightning (light blue), Denim (navy blue), or Positively Pink. At the end of the quiz, you have an opportunity to enter to win a TI-84 Plus CE in that color. You can take the quiz at CalculateYourColor.com.

  • Of interest to our community assembly programmers is the fact that Apps and OS for the TI-84 Plus CE are now available for download. Until TI releases an assembly SDK for the new TI-84 Plus CE, ez80 assembly programmers who hope to write educational programs, games, and Apps for the calculator will have to derive the information they need from examining the existing Apps and the OS. Unfortunately, preliminary investigations indicate that the TI-84 Plus CE's Apps (.8ek files, for the curious) are signed with a 2048-bit key, which TI will have to release for the community to write Apps.

  • TI will soon release OS 4.0 for the TI-Nspire, the first major version bump in years. It drops support for the grayscale TI-Nspire calculators, built only for the color TI-Nspire CX calculators, but includes a variety of additional features ennumerated on TI's website. The improvements include new ways to zoom and resize documents in the computer software, orthographic 3D graphing, more ways to label, measure, and select items in 2D graphs and geometry sketches, and the ability to display the R^2 (fit) value for some regressions.

  • Cemetech administrator Christopher "Kerm Martian" Mitchell will be joined at T^3 2015 in Fort Worth, Texas by accomplished developer DrDnar. At this annual conferences, teachers teach teachers how to effectively use TI's educational technology in the classroom. We have three days of exciting professional development to share with you, so keep your eyes on Cemetech's front page. In addition, Christopher will be presenting "Teaching Programming with the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" on Saturday morning, so we're excited to further our mission of spreading graphing calculator programming as a valuable STEM skill.

Between the TI-84 Plus CE and T^3 2015, the following few days promise to bring many exciting developments that we'll be posting here as well as on Cemetech's Twitter account and Facebook page. If you aren't already following Cemetech on both mediums, you should!

Kerm, if there is ONE thing that you can get out of them, perhaps you could ask about 3rd-party APP signing and if a public key will be made available?
tr1p1ea wrote:
Kerm, if there is ONE thing that you can get out of them, perhaps you could ask about 3rd-party APP signing and if a public key will be made available?
I'll add that to the list of things I need to ask the powers that be, which also includes whether OpenLib(/ExecLib( has been fixed. Thanks for reminding me. Smile
I came. I saw. I photographed. http://imgur.com/gallery/ai18hrr/new
DrDnar, why no selfies? Wink

KermMartian wrote:
I'll add that to the list of things I need to ask the powers that be, which also includes whether OpenLib(/ExecLib( has been fixed. Thanks for reminding me. Smile


<3
I started some TI-84 Plus C SE categories on WikiTI. They'really pretty empty right now.
KermMartian wrote:
things I need to ask the powers that be

Oh god, I'm wondering how many people got this "pun", because the context is perfect (Have you even done it on purpose ? If you didn't, it's incredible) Clue : A certain someone's gmail address.
adriweb wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
things I need to ask the powers that be

Oh god, I'm wondering how many people got this "pun", because the context is perfect (Have you even done it on purpose ? If you didn't, it's incredible) Clue : A certain someone's gmail address.
Yes, the pun was intentional. I'm glad you caught it. Wink

DrDnar: Great! I'm debating what to add to Cemetech's Archives in the way of TI-84+CE categories, since TI-BASIC programs work as-is but Hybrid BASIC programs do not.
On the contest, I got a "radical red". I was kinda hoping for blue, but red is nice. what has everyone else gotten?
I also got Radical Red, and now I have a Radical Red! Smile I really like the color, especially the slidecase, which is a darker, almost Cemetech red:

Did you actually engrave Cemetech onto your slidecase already?

It must've been the moniter I was using at the library yesterday; radical red looked kinda pinkish (very slight). Im glad that's not the case.
No, the slidecase underneath that TI-84+CE is my 3D-printed TI-84 Plus CSE slidecase. I'll model and print a TI-84+CE slidecase, but I haven't had the time for that yet.
Hey, are programs for ti-84+ cse compatible with this new calc? Will Doors CSE still be able to run on it? I am working on a rather large project that needs the space, but am hesitant to enter the contest, lest the CE completely denies the program. Can you answer these questions, Kerm?

btw, I'm Classic Smile
xXEllesarXx wrote:
Hey, are programs for ti-84+ cse compatible with this new calc?
TI-BASIC programs are directly compatible. Assembly programs need to be ported.
Quote:
Will Doors CSE still be able to run on it?
It's not yet clear if I'll be able to port Doors CSE; it appears that TI hasn't yet decided whether to release an App signing key to the community. I hope nothing people publish while exploring the device jeopardizes us trying to get it. Razz
Quote:
I am working on a rather large project that needs the space, but am hesitant to enter the contest, lest the CE completely denies the program. Can you answer these questions, Kerm?
It can run TI-BASIC programs and ez80 ASM programs that are up to 64KB in size. But why not enter the contest anyway? Smile

Quote:
btw, I'm Classic Smile
The black remains sleek and attractive indeed.
KermMartian wrote:
xXEllesarXx wrote:
Hey, are programs for ti-84+ cse compatible with this new calc?
TI-BASIC programs are directly compatible. Assembly programs need to be ported.
Quote:
Will Doors CSE still be able to run on it?
It's not yet clear if I'll be able to port Doors CSE; it appears that TI hasn't yet decided whether to release an App signing key to the community. I hope nothing people publish while exploring the device jeopardizes us trying to get it. Razz
Quote:
I am working on a rather large project that needs the space, but am hesitant to enter the contest, lest the CE completely denies the program. Can you answer these questions, Kerm?
It can run TI-BASIC programs and ez80 ASM programs that are up to 64KB in size. But why not enter the contest anyway? Smile

Quote:
btw, I'm Classic Smile
The black remains sleek and attractive indeed.


Thanks! I've decided that I'entering anyways. Maybe if I win, I'll give my ti-84+ cse to my friend. Graphing Calculator
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement